1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Got my first job interview ever coming up tomorrow, any words of advice?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Magor, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Magor

Magor Fapstronaut

I have to admit I'm pretty damned nervous. The guy one the phone who is the one I'm guessing will interview me seemed pretty nice though.

I'm on day 10 on nofap, and nofap was what gave me the balls to search for the job in the first place. I feel like I'm just starting to come out of a flatline but I'm not to sure. I'm so nervous about how I'll feel when I wake up tomorrow, and I hate the fact that I'm too reliant on that... I have a bit of social anxiety and it so much lower on nofap thankfully.

I'm maybe most scared of all of coming across as desperate...

Maybe I'll just think of it like this: If I don't get the job, well then I'll continue nofap and eventually I will get a job that I want anyway.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  2. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Just be yourself - friendly, upbeat, interested, receptive to input, and reflective in your responses. He sounds like a friendly guy - and he wears underwear just like everybody else, and he probably has his own fapping issues, too - he is a frail man like all men are - nothing to be afraid of.

Best wishes!

Magor likes this.
  3. Magor

Magor Fapstronaut

Thank you so much JoeinMD.

4. CL555

CL555 Fapstronaut

Shoulders back, chest out, confident smile, firm handshake, eye contact. - Show them why you are the guy for the job, avoid awkwardness and try to establish a good early relationship with your interviewer. Remember, HOW you say things is often more important than WHAT you say.
    Good luck mate. Go gettem!

5. Icyweb

Icyweb Fapstronaut

Act naturally, smile, where something nice, (probably no need to rent a tux, but a button down/polo shirt and slacks could help) The waiting for the interview is the worst part, the actual interview is actually pretty easy.

Magor likes this.
  6. chris4nj

chris4nj Fapstronaut

A few tips:
    • Take the case that you are interviewing them. In addition to them determining if you are a fit for them, you need to determine if they are a fit for you.
    • Do your research on the company. Find out what you can read about their strategy, where they are headed, what their aspirations are. Also see what you can find out about any recent news about the company - good or bad. If they are a small company and you can't find anything, you can ask things during the interview
    • Come up with a few questions you would like to ask him. Have the questions oriented around getting a better understanding of the company and how to contibute to making the company be a success. A few categories of questions:
      • What are the companies plans over the next several years?
      • What do they see as the skills or qualities are most needed in the employees for the success of the company?
      • What are some of the things that are most valued at the company?
    • Be prepared to speak about what you like about the company, why you would want to work at this company rather than any of the others out there
    • The more you talk about the company and having the company succeed, the better - as long as it is authentic for you
    Good luck!

JoePineapples likes this.
  7. Magor

Magor Fapstronaut

So the interview went a little worse than I hoped for. I felt neurotic, in my head, I may have appeared a bit awkward and needy... I'm going through a flatline so I guess that partially to blame.

But you know what? It doesn't matter. I'm super happy.

I don't care if I don't get the job(well, I care but I certainly don't *need* it), cause I just will continue my streak, and I will search for more jobs. I actually went to a job interview which I've never done, and that is major improvement for me. Also I felt able to speak much better for myself than I ever have.

The fact that it was nofap that made me get the job interview in the first place means that keeping going with nofap is more important than getting the job itself.

And guys, the deeper voice... it's real, ok?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    JoePineapples and Icyweb like this.
  8. chris4nj

chris4nj Fapstronaut

Great job coming out positive! Here's to the next one!

Magor likes this.
  9. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

Well done Magor, good attitude. Fear of the unknown is the worst thing, you know what to expect now. The next one will be easier. It's all experience mate.

Magor likes this.