1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello, I am 23. First post! Need serious guidance.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by ineedgodhelp, Aug 22, 2018.

1. ineedgodhelp

ineedgodhelp Fapstronaut

Hello to all you wonderful people who will read this message. I have decided to come back here and actually post something this time.

I can't stop it. It has been years. I read stories of how people go for 10+ days without a relapse, but I can't even go 2-3 days. The longest streak I've had was for 6 days in the last 13 years. I want to quit for good. I know if I just stop for a certain period, I wont be able to go that long again.

Today was the day I realized I am getting worse. It was the first time I did it at work! I am not that type of person! How could this happen!? I need to stop it now before I do something so stupid.

Things I think hinder my progress are my health and environment. I suffer from a disease that limits how much I can do physically, and I live in an abusive household. I cannot leave for the disease mentioned earlier, I need help living and can't do it on my own, yet. It is my goal to someday. Back to the point, I have noticed my tastes getting worse and worse, and it scares me. I used to be such a nice person, and now I just hope someday I can go back to being the old me. I have disgusting tastes in the types of online videos I watch. I disgust myself. Maybe this is why I do so bad? I don't tend to forgive myself. Do I even deserve self- forgiveness?

How do you guys do it? I have tried so many things. I tried walking it off, i have tried cold showers, i tried blocking all my sites but working in technology I outsmart myself in times of "need". I tried talking with a parent and sibling. Nothing works. I always, always relapse. I have considered getting rid of my devices all together, but I need them for work.

My new plan is simple. I am just going to try not to think about the videos, my habits, and focus on other hobbies. In times where I feel the need, I will press that panic button so hard my bookmark might break. I will avoid long warm showers.

forairports and Sunny W like this.
  2. Sad Bro

Sad Bro Fapstronaut

Let's beat this together, we can do this!! Good luck to you my friend.

ineedgodhelp likes this.
  3. ineedgodhelp

ineedgodhelp Fapstronaut

Thanks! Lets do it. I am starting tonight. I will see you tomorrow where my counter will be one higher.

Sad Bro likes this.
  4. Sunny W

Sunny W Fapstronaut

ineedgodhelp likes this.
  5. ineedgodhelp

ineedgodhelp Fapstronaut

I have not, thank you for more resources. I am on day one and already feeling it.

6. Cranchy

Cranchy Fapstronaut

You should follow what the OP suggested already. Hope that will be helpful for you dude. :)