1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey there, what major changes do you want for yourself in this new decade?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ohboy.., Dec 31, 2019.

1. ohboy..

ohboy.. Fapstronaut

These questions may help you in answering this question.
    What major changes did you see in your last decade?
    What major improvements do you want to make this new decade?

Sharing your stories will help you and us in this forum.

2. Well in most of the last decade I was just a child at the beginning of the last decade I was 10 years old.As for the next decade I have two main goals 1st I want to become a really good scientist(currently I am studying genetics) and 2nd I want to spend a lot of time with my family.I live in a different country then the rest of my family and unfortunately I wasn't able to visit them for the holidays.Also happy new year and I hope it is a successful one for all of you.

duellator4viva and ohboy.. like this.
  3. YugenDran

YugenDran Fapstronaut

I really want to be a MAN honestly no more good guy..

Optimum Fortitude likes this.
  4. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

In 2030 my baby will be 10 years old. I want to give him the best possible childhood and get a good amount of savings together for his future.

duellator4viva and muhagg like this.
  5. I want to become tough man emotinally and physically.Thts my goal.

6. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

I saw plenty of major changes in my last decade, especially during the last two years of it so I don't really know how to begin. At the turn of the last decade in early 2010 (at age 21/22), I was pretty much half an adult, half a child if I compare to myself today and where I have come. I was struggling with so many personal issues/problems ten years ago, many of them because of PMO, a weak father-figure in the home, and poor choice of friends/social circle at the time. Back in 2010, I was essentially struggling with all of the following:

-Poor self-esteem and self-image
    -Having a short fuse, feeling angered by almost anything and anyone.
    -Easily reactive to people, events and situations around me.
    -Arousal addiction and a need to jizz at least a few times a week just to get some relief.
    -A huge sense of neediness for female-attention (and attention from others as well)
    -A need for approval from others.
    -Lots of anxiety regarding most things in life. I was literally anxious about others' opinions, my future, my health, my future financial status, my studies at college/universities, not getting laid, my performances, not meeting others' expectations, my career-choice and literally almost everything.
    -Insomnia (and panic-attacks during sleep) once in a while because of my anxiety issues.
    -Poor skin-quality with lots of oiliness and pimples most of the time.

I tended to binge-drink once in a while (and more often stuff myself with junk-food) to simply forget about my issues and numb much of the mental and spiritual pain I was in at the time. I didn't see much of an issue with it at the time being since I was a student-athlete (with an already high metabolic rate) and could eat a lot without gaining a single kg.
    It wasn't until New Year's eve 2016/17 I actually decided to do something about my current situation and since my NoFap-journey began two years ago, I have literally almost wiped out all of the issues above and feel very comfortable with myself. I have also become better at reading people and I never worry about people's company if they don't have anything interesting or deeper to talk about. I much rather be on my own than listening to uninteresting BS about someone's latest cars, shoes, corporate career, or similar.
    That's why I can't spend time with people who only live in the material/physical world and have no connection to their spiritual life. People who aren't the least awake, I don't bother wasting my time on since their shallowness, stupidity and limited life perspectives only make me frustrated and aggravated. There is no need or sense in trying to spiritually and mentally awake people who are too afraid of facing themselves, their own shallowness and limited perspectives on life. It is like trying to learn a sheep talking to a human in a human's language.

PappinAce, ohboy.. and muhagg like this.
  7. I would love to find someone to love and make family with. I want to become a father in my late 20s or at least 30s and raise a good human being, want to make father and mother happy. I mean they already are, but that grandkid would be really a special thing for them. Maybe even become a part of some rock band :D Learn to play drums even better, train my coordination, learn guitar and... Live a good life. And I guess - be the best history teacher kids could ever have :)

Marshall 5 likes this.
  8. duellator4viva

duellator4viva Fapstronaut

This really made me start crying. It's amazing how much parents sacrifice for us and will do everything for their children. All blessing to you on your journey and may the new year bring all that you deserve!

fredisthebes likes this.
  9. red gyarados

red gyarados Fapstronaut

Better finances
    More lean mass
    More partners

10. YugenDran

YugenDran Fapstronaut

Thats lovely bless you <3