how many have disdain for where they live and where would you Move

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Onceagain2.0, Jun 23, 2023.

1. Onceagain2.0

Onceagain2.0 Fapstronaut

Im not in the US but i hate the politics and dead end culture here most young people leave and move abroad. im 33 and i should have fucked off to Australia with a few freinds when i had the chance .

Dont think i would choose Australia now though .

i have a few places id move

Canada, alaska , japan, spain, parts of England

im at a stage where if i stay here theres literally nothing but losing brain cells

2. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

Wya currently?

3. Onceagain2.0

Onceagain2.0 Fapstronaut

North of Ireland

4. UnholyConfessor

UnholyConfessor Fapstronaut

I don't like where I live either. I don't know where I'd move to.

5. UnholyConfessor

Yeah that's becoming disturbingly true. All I can say is I hate living in a city.

thebatman99 and Akira123456 like this.
  6. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

I hate how difficult and expensive it is to relocate somewhere else. First you would need a decent savings to survive for awhile and then secure a job which it is difficult as an outsider, especially if you don’t know the language then it’s almost impossible. I’m pretty much limited to English speaking countries. And it’s pretty much impossible if you have a family to support also. But I do plan on moving out of my state at least.

7. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I sometimes wish I could move. I've lived in the same village for most of my life. I think living in a different place might do me some good. Having said that the village where I live in has some of the lowest crime rates in the country and there's a decent enough bus service as well as some small shops. I was in the city nearest to me on Friday and people were so aggressive. You don't have that sort of thing where I live. Still, if I got a job offer in a different part of the country I would take it because it is hard to have a good social life where I live. For some reason, Reading and Exeter appeal to me.

SoBeOne likes this.
  8. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

One of those little British villages where everybody knows everybody? Yeah, no thanks. I'm too private. I like my anonymity. I'm actually happy where I am in suburban U.S. although sometimes I dream of moving to the city.

9. EmperorLaStrang

EmperorLaStrang Fapstronaut

I live in a shithole and I work in a shithole where I have to deal with shithole people.

I would love to move. Which is why I'm saving up to do so right now. Somewhere warmer.

thebatman99 likes this.
  10. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

i absolutely despise my hometown but i am too sleepy to make a rant post so i'm gonna leave this for to edit later. :>

11. UnholyConfessor

This thread reminds me of this Plebbit post. Makes me laugh every time.

[​IMG]

12. EmperorLaStrang

How would you have more privacy in a city?

13. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Maybe not privacy, but certainly anonymity which is almost as good...

14. EmperorLaStrang

Maybe so, but you'll still be living in apartment complexes the size of villages. People living on top of each other and shit. Sometimes shared bathrooms.

Not dogging you, of course.

I much rather prefer that small rural village. Living far apart from people and having land to call your own.

Cities are too stressful and the people in them are nasty. At least from my experience.

Akira123456 likes this.
  15. I love where I live. Its a small city somewhere in Africa. The people here do not have very much, our roads are full of pot holes that will swallow up your car, the street lights hardly work and our public transport system consists of overloaded Honda Fit taxies and little 14 seater mini busses with about 30 people inside, chickens and all. Then the government is among one of the most corrupt in the entire world.

Despite all this, I still love it here. The people have humanity, we great each other softly and say please and thank you. People smile and laugh wile they sell vegetables on the side of the road, making just a few $ a day. I think this place is a fine example of a kindled human spirit that knows the true value of friendship and kindness. The rotten apples of our government will fall on their own, and the suppression on the people here will end.

ELN likes this.
  16. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

Cities are fun to visit, not to live in. Could never imagine living in the hellscape of NYC but for a holiday and cultural experience sure. Mid-sized cities suck even more because you get neither the benefits of bigger cities nor the countryside. Endless cookie-cutter suburbs, poor infrastructure, post-industrial, few opportunities, small-town mindset, nothing to do, and the nearest major town is over two hours away. Makes you feel trapped in a bubble while the rest of the world gets to experience everything.

Leanmaxxing likes this.
  17. UnholyConfessor

Spot the difference. Which picture is dystopian hellscape Mega City One, which is Mexico City?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Akira123456 likes this.
  18. UnholyConfessor

Yeah NYC looks like hell on earth to me. Everyone scurrying around like rats in tiny buildings they can barely afford to rent. Crime rampant, tensions through the roof. Taxi Driver got that city right 40 years ago.

19. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

From what I know about NYC, Manhattan is the soulless economic centre where all the yuppies live, Brooklyn is the diverse cultural urban borough, Queens is the same as Brooklyn but worse and Staten Island is a joke. Would be nice to visit a big city, I know it's not as glamorous as it's made out to be but the experience is important. Being trapped in suburbia sucks. Big cities are concrete jungle dystopias but they're interesting to explore and learn about.

20. UnholyConfessor

And if popular fiction has taught me anything, yuppies deserve to have chainsaws dropped on their heads from great heights.

Leanmaxxing likes this.