1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to avoid being a douche with this new confidence

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Long story short, nofap makes me feel GREAT! Even a couple streaks back to back makes me feel fantastic as I am not depleting my energy.

One thing I’ve noticed as my confidence grows is that I become a bigger dick. I’ve always been that one super kind, quieter kid, but lately I’ve been a loud cunt all the time haha. I’m beginning to catch myself being disrespectful, running my mouth, being obnoxious, and trying to “flex” all the time (another problem in itself). I don’t think, I simply act and it doesn’t turn out well. I keep coming home embarrassed and feeling guilty with myself.

How can I control by butt headedness? I’m grateful for the new confidence, but there needs to be a way to control it. I’m very aware that I can channel this to become a great person, but I don’t know how. Any advice?

Stay strong brothers

2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Try to keep it down, you don't know when someone can shatter your new found confidence.

My advice is to realize this, that's it.

3. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

You were only that way because your insecurity made you want to hide and avoid being hurt. That wasn't really who you were. That's not a kind person. That's a manipulative person looking out for his own self centered needs to avoid pain, problems, and negative experiences by acting nice.

Now your true colors are showing. It's funny how most people who were bullied or felt powerless in the past end up bullying and abusing their power when the tables have turned.

You've found a way to feel great and self assured, but at the cost of making other people feel like shit. Hope it's worth it.

My advice is just to keep going. You've been silent and in hiding for so long that you aren't used to expressing yourself. Express yourself and make as many mistakes as you need to. You're realizing what kind of person you want to be and what kind of person you don't want to be. Keep experimenting. You'll learn your minimum and maximum extremes... then you'll eventually find the right balance for you. Interacting with others and facing the consequences will help with that as well. Hopefully you'll find the right people that you care about who will call you out on your shitty behavior when you aren't treating them right.

4. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

You aren't making other people feel like shit as the other guy said. You are a 'nice guy'. Read 'No More Mr Nice Guy'.

5. Please be advised that the confidence you currently feel is a temporary state that a lot of us have been through.
    It was about a 2 month run for me.

silenteagle likes this.