1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with insecurity, jealousy, and possessiveness ?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Kman20, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

I wasn't sure whether to post this in this forum or the dating one but this one seems to get more views so I decided post this here. So I've noticed whenever I talk to a girl I get very insecure, jealous, and possessive with her and I know this only drives women away. How to fix this behavior ? I don't want to drive girls away and I feel like my insecurity and possessiveness ruins everything but at the same time I can't stomach the thought of a girl I like being with someone else so I try at all cost to keep that from happening. Those of you that can relate and dealt with this, could you offer some advice? Been dealing with this for a while now and all I can really think about is to work on myself but what else other than that can I do??? Would appreciated, thanks for reading :).

2. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

If she doesn't want to be with you, how exactly do you keep that from happening?

Why do you want to be with someone that isn't interested in you?

You would rather manipulate / deceive / force somebody to be with you rather than allowing them to follow their own happiness?

Even if you managed to own and control somebody against their will, would that be worth it to you?

GettingAGrip, rexsuccess and Kman20 like this.
  3. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

You can only control yourself ultimately. You can't control the other person and if you give off that vibe, you'll only drive them away.

How do you deal with it? Make your life the very best that you can make it and something you can be proud of, despite whether you have a special woman in your life or not.

rexsuccess and Kman20 like this.
  4. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

So how should I be shifting my mind set ? To just focus on me and my life ? I’m always thinking they’re texting someone else and feel I need to know what they’re doing at all times. I hate that.

5. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

So you're aware that it's out of your control and the more you try to control it the more you receive a negative outcome.

Either let go of trying to control what you can't control or continue sabotaging your relationships.

There's no secret formula here. It's just a matter of you not doing it.

Nobody likes being possessed, controlled, or have a lack of trust towards them.

So either learn to trust more and accept whatever happens in the future or continue to ruin relationships yourself.

Kman20 likes this.
  6. I have a girlfriend of four years I at the start of the relationship was very very protective and insecure I learnt personally through finding Faith in jesus christ that for me it was about my self worth when I become insecure or worried about what my girlfriend is doing who she's with I just think if she decides to do anything to jeopardize the relationship she doesn't deserve me and I don't want to person in my life like that that's willing to hurt me because I am better than that and I truly believe that you are better than that so understand that no matter who you're with if they decide to hurt you it's their loss because you our special in your own way and someone else will treat you right I know it's hard but don't let people have control over your mind and bring you down.

Kman20 likes this.
  7. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Example of how others would treat you the same way you treat the women in your life =

Your boss consistently tries to make false accusations that you're stealing from the company. Your boss blames and accuses you for something you haven't done. He/she is always searching through your locker and your bag to make sure.

That's you.

EVEN IF it was true that you were stealing something..... you can't just go around accusing and being paranoid of all your employees. It's not a good way to live.

Kman20 likes this.
  8. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

You don't own anybody. Everyone is free to do whatever they please with their life, their time, their attention, their body and so forth. You're not entitled to demand all of this exclusively for yourself. If you mutually agree to exclusivity in some or all of these areas, good for you. If not, you must decide if you can accept the differences or if they are deal breakers.

In any case, remember that the women you like are their own person with free will. No one is put on this planet to cater to your insecurities. Practice non-attachment and loving from a place of inner fulfillment rather than trying to fill yourself up with other people.

Kman20 likes this.