1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't want to desire friends anymore (Vent)

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by SirQwerty, Feb 28, 2024.

1. SirQwerty

SirQwerty Fapstronaut

I'll start off by saying I've made improvements. I don't watch P anymore, and I'm not sending photos like I used to in chats. I had a good streak going and I've been dealing with loneliness better, but at night I feel awfully lonely and depressed.

I hug and kiss my pillow at night, it's really embarrassing. I feel that most people (except family, and even some of them has tried to use me) only are around me because of what I can do for them. I really just want a connection where the care is mutual.

This desire has slowly led me back to chat sites, and the worse part is I just waste precious sleeping time to try to find someone to talk to, someone who understands me. But they're all looking for instant gratification and leave when they get what they want.

I've been improving, I just don't want this desire anymore. I don't want the desire for friends, or the desire for a wife. They're getting in my way, I just want to move on with life alone, because most people are selfish.

2. I know exactly what you mean, I experience something similar. I know this probably isn't what you want to hear but you have to be content being by yourself otherwise you'll just end up using other people for emotional validation. Obviously you will still experience loneliness but learning how to handle it does help. And it makes you a better person for when the right people enter your life. I advise finding out what your purpose in life is and pursuing it relentlessly. Having meaning in life is anathema to these negative feelings.

3. SirQwerty

SirQwerty Fapstronaut

Thank you... The thing is that I've been really focused lately. I occupy myself with work, school, personal projects, and helping around the house. I'm driven and okay with being alone during the day (for the most part). It just gets bad at night, and that's when I make most of my bad decisions or feel bad. I have the hardest time fighting these feelings at night, and if I give in I feel bad for the first half of the day.

4. It gets worse for me at night too, this is why it's important to have things to do at those times as well so you don't succumb to these feelings