1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I've been to the gym 27 days out of the last 30

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by TheOnlyAntidote, Mar 18, 2023.

1. TheOnlyAntidote

TheOnlyAntidote Fapstronaut

I don't want to talk about PRs.

I want to talk about consistency, and man, it feels good to exercise every day. I've been to the gym every day for the last 7 days and 27 out of the last 30. I do basic strength lifts so squats, dl, bench, military press, pull-ups, and rows.

For me, it feels meditative and helps damper the lows in my life. It's like a rate limiter on stress. My goal is to go every day for the next year to never miss a day and looking forward to doing this forever.

I don't want to talk about PRs because I've been infatuated with them before. I've been hasty in the past and pulled my back on squats because I wanted to hit a PR so badly. I stopped going to the gym for some time because I was plateauing. In both cases, I stopped exercising for long periods of time and completely missed the real value of exercise, which was building mental fortitude and providing a reliable way to handle stress.

2. Johnny10x

Johnny10x Fapstronaut

Exercise is a great outlet bro. I also see it as me time and a form of meditation.

3. xuledywo

xuledywo Fapstronaut

That's truly inspiring and a great perspective on the importance of consistency in your fitness routine. Your commitment to exercising daily and focusing on the mental benefits and stress relief is commendable. It's a reminder that the journey of fitness isn't just about hitting personal records; it's about the long-term well-being and mental fortitude it brings. Keep up the fantastic work, and may your dedication to a consistent exercise routine continue to bring you both physical and mental strength. Your experience and insight can serve as a motivation for others to prioritize their well-being and embrace the journey.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    born3 likes this.
  4. ココし

ココし Fapstronaut

Workout itself is the purpose, you don't need to chase anything. For me,having the exercise just cheers me up.
    And by the way, workout everyday without rest is not the best choice, you body need time to rebuild.

born3 likes this.