1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My easy way out. No P since 40 days...

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Deleted Account, May 25, 2020.

1. Hey there!
    I've started to reboot several times in the last two years but this streak is different. No urges, no carvings and also no meditation, no cold showers, no magic bullets.
    I just get in real contact with my wife - for the first time. We speak a lot about my nofap journey, about PMO and S. This was the gamechanger for us both and me. This is the only advice I can give: be honest. Honest to yourself and honest to your partner. Then everything is possible!
    Good luck everybody...

Jo-trying, TheFlash123, ELN and 6 others like this.
  2. jaybelgium

jaybelgium Fapstronaut

I believe that communication is key to succeeding in getting rid of this addiction hence the forum.

Great job, keep going!

Fred's_SoberParrot likes this.
  3. Great post! So why this time, and not previously? Please PM me if you prefer not to post in the forums. Thank-You. #dosomethingdifferent

4. LoveIsAllWeNeed

LoveIsAllWeNeed Fapstronaut

So true. I'm doing it too with my wife and it works great! Openness is everything.

Fred's_SoberParrot likes this.
  5. good question! when I look back, it just took me a year and a half and a couple of relapses before I could be really honest with myself. Today I know what life I want to live and what consequences I have to draw from it. I am very concerned with the question of which products I want to create demand for. I would compare nofap to vegetarianism in this aspect. I mainly forego a meat-based diet or P because I don't want to create a demand that in capitalist society inevitably leads to misery for animals or actors, forced prostitutes and generations of oppressed / sexualized women. I also want to be a role model for my children. That's why it doesn't matter that I always liked meat and P - and I know that I would still "taste" them today ...

Jo-trying likes this.
  6. LoveIsAllWeNeed

Nice! Be a conscious consumer!!

I really love the fact that you've opened up to your wife. This is so important. I've done the same and all the loneliness and shame has dropped away like a vanishing veil that obscured the light. It's our mind that leads us to believe we should keep our addiction a secret and that's what is keeping it intact. So, as long as we identify with our minds, we're not going to get out. You have found your way out and I congratulate you with that!

7. The disclosure of my addiction had the even greater effect because it led to a completely new openness regarding sex between me and my wife. Now I no longer have to search for extremes in the net - I can live this with her.

8. LoveIsAllWeNeed

I'm so happy for you. The secrecy is what's been undermining so many relations as it did mine. Just like you the openness improved my love-life tremendously!