Overcoming Loneliness (Christian)

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Mark Shaw wrote in his great book “The heart of addiction:”

“Physical addiction occurs when you repeatedly satisfy a natural appetite and desire with a temporary pleasure until you become the servant of the temporary object of pleasure rather than its master. You can use the temporarily pleasurable substance to escape, but in reality, you find that you are enslaved rather than free. Addiction is a trap that lets you think that you will be “free” when you really become a “slave.”

Romans 6:16 “Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. 18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.”

19 I am using an example from everyday life because of your human limitations. Just as you used to offer yourselves as slaves to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer yourselves as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness.”

Many are put off by my “We need to go to war with all sin” sayings. But... we are either a slave to sin or a slave to righteousness.

Secondly, yesterday I got a bit sloppy with my TV viewing. Although I did not “fall” my joy level fell.

Today I am going to be aggressive about turning from lust. Praying in advance of any tempting situations and practicing turning aggressively from temptation.

Consider praying: “Father, help me to turn aggressively from lust” as many times as it takes to keep stable.

Consider praying: “Father, show me how being a slave to righteousness is a key to my joy.”

Memorize Romans 6:16. We will be a slave to either sin or a slave to obedience. Please choose the choice that God recommends.
    For the full article click https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/the-bible-says.328125/

2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

90% of our problems come from either – not enough passion for God's will, (David always had a huge passion), or from not running from sin like Joseph habitually did.

Prayer increases our passion and Bible verses teach us to be ready to run like Joseph. When we add passion to a habit of running from lust, we might just change the world as Joseph did.
    For the full article click https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?forums/christian-fapstronauts-forum.49/

3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Reset Often

It is wise to reset often during the day. Many start their day with Bible study and prayer and a commitment to turn from lust. But at some “change” in the day, determination starts to slide. One key to success is to know when or where those changes happen. Often things like going home, starting to watch TV, or even going on lunch break can be where things change.

One example is – you finish your work, eat supper, and... you have nothing you want to do. At a major point like this, a full reset is vital.

A full reset is reading one chapter from the New Testament. 5-15 minutes of prayer and 3-4 verses for quitting. If needed, repentance is part of this process.

At some points, you may only have time for a partial reset. You might only have time for a couple of verses, and a minute or two of prayer. But whichever reset is needed, it is important because bad thoughts bring darkness into our lives. Scripture and prayer turn the light back on in our lives.

Obviously, a reset is different from the technique needed for all-out temptation. But, if you identify times in your day where your resistance starts to fade, a reset can really help.

Repentance plus reset gets our light shining brightly. In that condition, it is much easier to look at your list of activities and to be okay with doing them.

Consider writing down the times where resets might be helpful all week.

Plan – execute the plan – stay in the light.

4. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Kevin Halloran wrote: “We need to take our fight against the world, the flesh, and the devil seriously. A good athlete studies his opponents on film and replays his own defeats, trying to find moments of weakness he can learn from and strengthen.

We should be as crafty as we can in formulating strategies to fight acting out on lust. Brainstorm what lies you have believed and counter them with the truth. Analyze your life and common times you are susceptible to temptation, and structure your life in a way that allows you to fight back. In Christ, you are not a slave to sin but have everything you need for living a godly life and overcoming temptation.”

Analyze when you believe satan's lies. Write down times of the day/night when temptation increases, places where it increases, and situations where it increases.

Lastly analyze whether you need to stop doing something, or simply plan a reset to get through the issue safely.

Finally, please trust me about the destruction lust brings. It's a lot. Therefore... spend extra time adding quitting articles to your Google Docs or Word file this week. Study the good ones, pray over them, and start using them to build new habits in your life. That is how you change from living for short bursts of pleasure, and start to exchange it for increasing long-term (and short-term) joy.

5. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

I am planning a new collection of verses. The verses for quitting have a lot of the best verses for a lust habit, but there are plenty more great verses out there.

Whoever pursues righteousness and love
    finds life, prosperity, and honor. Proverbs 21:21

We all want what this verse says, and this verse is great for fighting sin habits. To pursue righteousness, and make this verse come to life, consider making a list of verses about righteousness and meditating on them. Next, do the same thing with verses about love. Next, see how many days it takes for God's promise of life, prosperity and honor to happen. Next, add power verse number two.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Psalm 143:8

Secondly, pray: “Father, show you me the way that I should go.” When we are willing to do what God wants us to do, there is tremendous power in this prayer.

Here is a list of exciting verses:

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. 12 Blessed art thou, O Lord: teach me thy statutes. 15 I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. 16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word. Psalm 119:11-16 KJV

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

Above all else, guard your heart,
    for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. James 1:22

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. Collossians 3:1-3

But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
    8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. 1 Timothy 4:7-8 KJV

Your word is a lamp for my feet,
    a light on my path. Psalm 119:105

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58

Lord, you are my God;
    I will exalt you and praise your name,
    for in perfect faithfulness
    you have done wonderful things,
    things planned long ago. Isaiah 25:1

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:6

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12

For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: 11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it. 12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil. 1 Peter 3:10-13 KJV

Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Ephesians 5:15-16

About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Acts 16:25

I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. Proverbs 8:17

Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God. 2 Corinthians 7:1

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:32

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. James 1:5

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? 10 I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jeremiah 17:9-10 KJV

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34

For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. Matthew 6:14

If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; John 14:15-17 KJV

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  6. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Three brothers attended a family gathering. At devotions their grandfather quoted the following:

31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 KJV

The oldest brother decided to spend 20 minutes in prayer every day waiting on the Lord. For a few days, he stuck with it. But soon, the pressure of his important job and two kids made it hard to do. Plus... he really didn't notice anything different in his life.

The middle brother decided to spend 30 minutes in prayer every day waiting on the Lord. For a few weeks, he stuck with it. He had also prayed a bit about his purpose and just last week his pastor had given him a small task to do to help out at church. He had noticed that in some ways this verse was starting to come true a little bit.

But, he really expected the verse to be exactly true in a great way in his life. Why pray 30 minutes every day if it wasn't exactly true. He had things to do. Soon he was back to his normal 15 minutes of prayer per day.

The youngest brother decided to spend 55 minutes in prayer every day waiting on the Lord. He had been praying earnestly about purity and purpose and he badly wanted to do something for Jesus.

For a few days, he struggled to put the prayer time in. This was so new. But then he started to really enjoy it. After a few months, his pastor said that one of the two key youth leaders was leaving. He asked if he could help out.

At first, he hesitated. He was busy. But then he realized... that this verse was coming totally true in his life. His strength was up. He was flying like an eagle. He was running without being weary and walking without fainting.

When he called his pastor to accept the role, he felt more energy than he had felt in years. He also felt more excitement.

Before waiting on the Lord he knew he wanted something. After he dedicated himself to waiting on the Lord he now knew, this was exactly what he had been searching for.
    For the original article click https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/power-to-overcome.327488/

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    Aquiantedwithsorrow likes this.
  7. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

8. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

We are sometimes tempted by our own lusts, but often we are tempted by satan just like Jesus was. But when we allow openings to satan, we allow temptation to dominate our lives.

Consider writing down where your openings are. Often they are from risky TV shows/movies, going to the wrong place, being with the wrong people, or allowing bad thoughts to swirl in your mind.

Next, realize that when you allow an opening it is basically inviting satan in. And once you invite him in, he has the right to work you over good. Let's say you decided to look at smut for a few hours. Now satan has the right to pound you all week. Ouch.

Instead, allow no openings. Run from risky entertainment, run from the wrong places, run from the wrong people, and work ruthlessly on changing the way you think.

Find clean entertainment, clean places to go to, Christian people be your new friends, and work ruthlessly on changing the way you think.

Jesus allowed no openings in his life. So when satan came around, he tempted Jesus for a while, and then he left. That's the goal. When we allow no openings at some point satan leaves. Sure, he will come back and try again later. But... he hates failure. Failure will cause him to try less and less. Make him fail and fail by allowing no openings.

9. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Everyone should have a top 4 new habits list. Things like forming the habit to turn aggressively from sin. Daily Bible reading. Praying about purpose, and increasing in love.
    We need to get very excited when we are focused on forming habits of new activities. Or increased prayer, better relationships, or increased love.
    With quitting an addiction, you learn 4 new habits and you do them every day for 5 days. Then... maybe you have a bad day.
    But we should not just focus on the negative. Because... we practiced these new habits for 5 days.
    Yes, we should be unhappy when we sin, but after we repent we should remember - the more positive habits that we acquire, the easier it will be to fight off negative habits.
    The more positive habits you have, the more your hope increases, and the more that joy will start to enter your life.

10. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

It is wise to keep learning what triggers you. Devote a ton of prayer time, study, and thought to what causes the trigger. Analyze how your thinking in the moment of temptation is not the same as what scripture says about how we should think in that situation. Is how I was thinking, living, or reacting, the same as how the Bible says I should think?

Write down how the Bible says you should be thinking in the situations that trigger you because they will likely happen again. Then pray: "Father, help me to think in ways that honor You."

Lastly, know exactly what triggers you and be ready in those situations with prayers and Bible verses.
    For the full article click https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/praying-about-triggers.323239/

11. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Colossians 3:1-3 ESV
    If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

How long can we stay angry or hopeless when we think of the things above?

Consider praying: “Father, help me to focus on what You want me to think about.”

Consider praying: “Father, give me life in Your ways.” Psalm 119:37

I am a simple person. Sometimes I don't know what to think about, pray about, or do. So I just praise the Lord over and over again. Sometimes for twenty minutes. The results are usually amazing. Negative emotions are often forgotten. Temptations are often lowered.

Think about the things that are above.

For the full article https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/fighting-emotions-that-trigger-us.324353/

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
  12. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Why did Eve choose a solution that was short-term with added destruction? Because, once she decided not to "insist" that God would always be her answer - she needed to find "an answer."

We insist that God be our answer when we read the verses for quitting. When we start to memorize those verses. When we are prepared for future temptation with prayer.

We insist that God be our answer when we insist that He is our pleasure. That He is our comfort when life stinks.

That He will fulfill everything that we desire. That last sentence is wrong!!! We desire things that will ruin us just like Eve did. Instead, consider praying every hour:

"Father, help me to want only Your desires."

Lastly, analyze why you keep going back to lust. If you run to lust when life knocks you down, pray every hour:

“Father, show me how you want to be my comforter.”

If you run to lust simply for pleasure, pray:

“Father, show me how You want to be my pleasure.”

Write down why you run back to lust. Then write down a prayer you can pray every hour.

Insist that God is your answer.

For the full article https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/does-p-kill-our-pain.323460/

13. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Today I spent a lot of time praying about the cross.

KJV Romans 8 “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”

When we watch a movie like “The Passion of the Christ,” or when we pray about the cross, or when we turn aggressively from sin, we are walking after the Spirit.

But, this is a forum about bad habits, so the question is – how do we learn habits of walking after the Spirit more often.

KJV Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”

Are you like me. Are you just too hard-headed to obey this verse? But... now that I realize that sin ruins me, I pay a lot more attention to this verse.

I made the word work bold. Why? Because when we spend time working to fight against sin habits we are obeying this verse. There is power in memorizing and obeying this verse. Power! There is power in deciding to walk “After the Spirit. Power! Lastly, there is power when you study this site and take some of the suggestions and turn them into new daily habits. Power!

Consider praying: “Father, show me how You want me to fight against sin.”

When you add to your list of daily habits that you are starting (to replace what you are stopping), you are obeying Philippians 2:12.

Learn habits that will help you to “Walk after the Spirit.” These habits will bring power into your life.
    For the full article https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/pray-with-power.320467/

14. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Whoever pursues righteousness and love
    finds life, prosperity, and honor. Proverbs 21:21

(Note - I updated the July 18th article with this material). We all want what this verse says, and this verse is great for fighting sin habits. To pursue righteousness, and make this verse come to life, consider making a list of verses about righteousness and meditating on them. Next, do the same thing with verses about love. Next, see how many days it takes for God's promise of life, prosperity and honor to happen. Next, add power verse number two.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Psalm 143:8

Secondly, pray: “Father, show you me the way that I should go.” When we are willing to do what God wants us to do, there is tremendous power in this prayer.

15. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

ABP Another Bad Post

When Biblical David was thinking right he killed a lion with nothing but a club (The power of the Lord was with him). Here is how David wrote when he was thinking right:

“Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. 12 Blessed art thou, O Lord: teach me thy statutes. 15 I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. 16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.” Psalm 119:11-16 KJV

We hide God's Word in our hearts by #1, memorization. This is a great passage for memorization.

#2 We hide God's Word in our hearts through daily Bible reading. I am currently reading the Psalms (written by David). David writes a lot about his love for prayer and for the Scripture. That focus was great for David quitting his lust habit and it is good for our habits as well.

#3 We hide God's Word in our hearts by praying about it. A good starting point is to pray over and think about Psalm one. Next, pray about what you should now be thinking about (instead of lust). Lastly, pray about what you should be doing as a Christian instead of … Finally, study God's Word so that you know what you should be doing.

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. James 1:22

David was a total train wreck when he continued in sin. When he was thinking right he was one of the greatest Biblical heroes.

Choose your path.

16. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Drug addicts get to a state of total burnout. In that condition, they don't want drugs anymore. But... when they stop drugs, virtually all other activities are no fun for them. So they go back to drugs, which are now a lot less fun. But, in their desperate condition, a tiny bit of fun is all they can now get.

Realize that if you have been overdosing on porn you are likely in a similar state. Now you want to quit, but normal activities are not very fun. So you decide to turn to God. But many try that with mixed results. Why? The Bible says:

Revelations 3:21 "So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of My mouth."

God insists on a total commitment. Many cry out to God for help, but only a few cry out in total repentance and a commitment to do God's will.

When we commit, the love of Jesus flows into us like never before. An overflowing river of power, love, and grace.

Commit to a war on sin. Commit to being in God's will. Commit to a great life. For the original article https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/sin.321250/ For more information on a greater commitment https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/if-you-cant-quit.321446/

17. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

There is a great book called the Energy Bus which teaches us to be more positive. It says: “Always try to be persistently positive. Today I am going to recommend working on three new habits. Firstly, read great books. They are great for distraction, and they help us learn new habits. Secondly, work on being more positive every day. We are only 10% as likely to fall when we “think” that we are having a good day. Thirdly, joy increases when we do things for other people. In her great book Making Good Habits, Joyce Meyer noted: “If we have as goals, #1, the happiness of others, and #2, the improvement of mankind. Then, we will be five times happier.” If we are always in deep thought about the new habits we want to form. We will have a lot less time to think the way we used to think. Lastly, work on a system to remind yourself about what you are going “To Do” to change every day. Then plug into your system daily to make change simple and effective. I have a bunch of old threads at Christian Nofap if you want more info for quitting.

18. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

The positive addiction of turning from lust is of utmost importance. When we turn on certain TV shows, or walk near a beach, or go to certain places – it is vital to be prepared. To prepare we must pray in advance of the temptation:

Consider praying, “Father, help me to turn from lust.” When the temptation comes, pray it again and then turn from it and run from it.

Biblical Joseph ran from the most beautiful woman in the land (when she tried to seduce him). Why? Because he knew what the Bible said about lust and he believed it and thought that following the Bible was good. Develop the positive addition of knowing what the Bible says about lust.

Joseph became the 2nd most powerful man in the world because he trusted God (even when he was in a pit, even when he was in jail, even when he had to wait and wait). He succeeded because he turned from sin, because he ran from sin, because he knew what the Bible said, and because he followed what the Bible said.

It takes 66 days on average to form a new habit. Today, consider starting your 66 days to form the habit of studying what the Bible says about lust and the habit of turning from sin. If you accomplish that great goal, you will be opening the door to an awesome period in your life.

19. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Yesterday I had a bad day. Here are Bible verses to dig into when life is not perfect.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 ESV

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
    Not easy today. But my issues did not appear because I was in God's perfect will. Maybe I should change that today.

Romans 12:2 ESV
    "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."
    Biblical Paul would not allow my problems to burden him. Why? Because he focused on verses like this one, and he was always busy renewing his mind.

Matthew 11:28-30 ESV
    Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
    I ignored this verse yesterday. Today I am trying to learn from Him.

James 5:13 ESV
    "Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise."
    If I had read this verse yesterday, today would have been better.

James 1:1-27 ESV
    James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes in the Dispersion: Greetings. Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. ...

Hebrews 13:5 ESV
    Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Proverbs 17:22 ESV
    A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Psalm 51:12 ESV / 90 helpful votes
    Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.

Pray: “Father, take away my spirit of discouragement, and help me to learn from Your Word.

Use your computer for something great - look up verses to help you fight back.

For the whole article https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/learn-from-a-4-year-old.325017/

JoeyKangaroo and Buddhabro2.0 like this.
  20. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Self-control is one of the gifts of the Spirit. The problem is... we need to get more of the Spirit in us. Spending time in prayer is a good way to increase the Spirit in us. Reading Scripture is even better, and studying Scripture is better yet, and doing what the Scripture says is really a powerhouse increase.

Consider studying and praying over the great verses. Study, pray, and analyze how to understand, love, and do what the scripture says to do.

Many people pray for 15 minutes daily, asking God to do this, that, and the other thing for them. But if you really want answers to those prayers...

Instead, start doing what these verses say to do. Or, start praying to be filled with the Holy Spirit so that He can show you what He wants you to do. Then increase a focus on obedience. Then you will start to see prayers answered more rapidly.

You will see a powerful increase in your Self-control when you do these things. You can use this increase as motivation that you can quit a lust addiction for good.

Realize that it is rarely an instant fix to gain self-control over lust. We want to solve a problem we made stronger and stronger for 19 years in 19 hours. Instead, realize that you likely have to dig up more and more roots that go in all kinds of directions while you at the same time get more and more scripture in.

But you will have a powerful experience even today if you dig into scripture. Then you can use that strength to realize. God is real. He does help us. He wants to help us.

Today, consider praying about what God wants.

“Father, show me what You want me to do.”

When we spend 15 minutes praying about what God wants, plus time in the all-powerful Word of God, darkness starts to leave, and the Spirit fills us more and more.

For the full article https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/self-control.329442/