1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate the last movie you watched v. 1

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 7, 2018.

1. The Irishman.
    8.0/10

Loved to see Al Pacino working with Scorsese for the first time, all the old wiseguys there, but i thought the movie was too long and sometimes there was too much information in a short time, maybe i just should watch it again, nevertheless a beautiful movie.

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  2. IOGD

IOGD Fapstronaut

Zero Dark Thirty - 7/10. It's a thrilling and well made movie, and it's fascinating to see what the hunt for Osama Bin Laden was really like. That being said, I wouldn't call it a stand-out or must-see film, but still really good.

3. The Rise of Skywalker - 7/10

It's a good, entertaining movie and all but too much fanservice. It's not better than The Last Jedi, though.

4. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Romeo and Juliet: Beyond Words
    7/10

While I'm vaguely familiar with the story I've never seen Romeo and Juliet before so I didn't fully know what was actually going on. I found the style creative and sometimes annoying, but it was nice to watch a film where no one talks in it for a change.

5. Joker (2019) - 10 Societies out of 10 Bottom Texts.

But speaking seriously the movie is amazing. Best movie of the decade for me.

Taylor25, u376 and AngelofDarkness like this.
  6. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

Le grand restaurant (1966) - 6/10 not the best of Louis de Funès.

7. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - 10/10

I loved every little bit of this movie <3 everything I was hoping for came to pass, and I greatly enjoyed watching it happen!

Taylor25 likes this.
  8. Star Wars Rise of Skywalker 6.5/10

I'm a great fan of the movie, i love the new triology and love all the movies, but this isn't a complete movie. A lot of things without sense. The movie isn't complete, there is a lot of questions. My fear is J. J was just trying to add patches from The Last Jedi from the original idea after 7 and that is a great mistake. This happend when you don't have a clear idea of what you want to do (Disney) , and don't make a single project. I love all the movies and I think 7 and 8 have gave me a lot of great emotions, more than the others, but this is a lost opportunity.

For example in ep 8 Snoke says he created the connection between Kylo Ren and Rey. In ep 9 palpatine says he created snoke and was snoke himself, but when he is fighting with Ben and Rey he look surprised of their connection,WHAT THE FUCK.

If you want to make new movies, don't waste all. And where the fuck is Benicio del Toro? Why they didn't explain where Maz Kanata take Anakin Lightsaber? They didn't answer to nothing. Why in the final scene everyone is happy to the win when the entire First Order is operative? How kylo ren leave Endor if Rey stolen his TIE? Why Luke in Ep8 says that Ben Solo took some jedi with him and massacred all the others in Luke jedi temple? It was supposed to be the Knight of Ren, byt they wasted them like they do with Rose and Phasma. This movie is disappointed. And there is milions of question more.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2020
  9. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Game over
    7/10

10. Riot02

Riot02 Fapstronaut

11. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

i didn’t watch the 9 because the 8 was awful in many aspect. But I read all the spoilers and it didn’t make me wanna watch it.
    This new trilogy is a mess. They didn’t know what they were doing (different movie director with different idea) and many things don’t make sense. I need rules that are respected thorough the movies or I can’t enjoy it.
    Also I don’t like any of the new characters neither what they did to Han and Luke.

Star Wars lost its nobility. Thank you Disney.

12. 8 was ok, I said to myself "Everyone will like it if episode 9 will be good and connected with this". So they add Palpatine for no reason and a lot of bullshit. 8 is ok, like the 7. I liked Luke because e was conscious of his errors, he lost his entire generations of padawans, tried to kill his sister son or what the hell is it. And now i think..
    Why snoke (Palpatine) was trying to convert Kylo Ren, if Rey was his nephew? I mean at the end he said his objective was Rey from the beginning. So what the fuck he was trying to convert Kylo Ren?!? This does not have sense, this is bullshit, this movie ruined all the saga, full of Inconsistencies and nonsense that ruined the sense of episode 7 and 8. Was too hard to say Rey came from the nowhere and was not related to no one? Was too hard to focus to Kylo Ren as Supreme Leader instead of focus on Palpatine without anysense?

13. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

One big issue is that JJ Abrams didn’t know that Snoke was gonna get killed in the 8. So he had to find a new vilain because Kylo never really was one. Palpatine wasn’t in the first draft of the 9.

14. Some time pass from 8 to 9, they can focus on Kylo Ren and his knights first. Star Wars is unlimited, wasn't necessary to use Palpatine another time.

15. Hard to choose a movie as the best of decade between Joker, The Shape of Water, Mad Max: Fury Road, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Life of Pi, and Birdman.

16. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

I’m gonna says the MCU too. Many great movies. I loved almost all of them (not you captain marvel). I will certainly remember them for a long time, what they did was unique.

17. I don't love MCU, but i really liked Hulk movie, Captain America and the Winter Soldier and Infinity War....but if we have to quote a cinecomic, Xmen days of future past is absolutly the best of this 10 years (I never seen Joker)

18. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

I can tell you every character of the MCU but I totally got lost in X-men :oops:

19. Lol wow, I feel like... exactly the opposite about everything you just said. :p funny how people can see the same movie and come away with completely different opinions.

Taylor25 likes this.
  20. Did you see disney cutted/changed mostly of the work of J. J? There is a new news.