1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Social Media Is Retarding Socialization And Perspectives Of Self And Other

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by 虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず, Jan 6, 2017.

1. This isn't intended to be a discussion thread by any means. But that doesn't mean you aren't free to discuss whatever you want about social media here, any platform you may have in mind. No by all means discuss at your own leisure, please I insist.

My intention for starting this thread is to share pictures, memes, and comics that spark ideas and thoughts inside your head. Surely the same comic may have a completely different impact on different minds. I just find great joy in sharing this content, so as to bring us all to our own revelations about the current state of social media, what it does to society and community, and what is in store for the future.

I use Facebook btw. I've had numerous accounts over the years and went through phases of deleting accounts and vowing to never create an account again. I now have an account to communicate with family who live far away and also to follow organizations that are important to me. I by no means am a puppet of the platform anymore in that it does not impact my psyche the way it has been shown to have certain impacts on people negatively. For some people it's about validating themselves or some kind of popularity contest. Anyways I'm going into too much detail so let's let the comics and memes tell the rest of the story.

And a quick mention of Instagram. It's much worse in terms of comparison of the tendency that the social media platform has on users to compare the numbers of followers and likes on photos to others. Again the memes and comics will continue our journey into the great unknown.

May it be fruitful for us all.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Taylor25, MasSingo and MrPrince like this.
  2. [​IMG]

It will take some time before any truly revelatory insights spark in your mind perhaps. There is an ocean of content to be shared.

[​IMG]

That's all for today.

Share away if you want! Anything at all. Anything at all.

Cya tomorrow!

[​IMG]

Taylor25, MrPrince and black_coyote like this.
  3. black_coyote

black_coyote Fapstronaut

4. Excellence.

Now I want readers to understand this is by no means a 'hate' thread.

No. You're going to see social media outlets displayed in all kinds of lights. I'm not anti-social media. My scope is much bigger than getting stuck on social media platforms and I realize the problem is much broader than that. The 'problem' is not the type of problem that is to be fixed, it will never be fixed, this is just what is happening in our world and this thread is intended to make the reader hyperaware of what is in store for the future of our planet, whether they have an inkling of what is to come or not. Not any kind of Nostradamic prophetic visions, but more like well if this happening now and that already happened, what is coming next is pretty much inevitable, in a very general sense.

Taylor25 and black_coyote like this.
  5. Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  6. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Social media has brainwashed the naive (majority).
    People believe the fake news on social media and indulge in totally pointless vanity posts.

It's made the human race into a self obsessed and self conscious race.

I hate the world we live in.

Taylor25, MrPrince, Low and 2 others like this.
  7. Interjected into this thread will be 'soul medicine' content to try and put 'the disease' into remission if you are still infected.

[​IMG]

Paradoxically, the ability to be alone is the condition for the ability to love. — Erich Fromm

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    Sleeping_Beauty likes this.
  8. [​IMG]

I forgot to mention videos.

Yes.

There will be those too.

While I still use Facebook but could totally care less if I did, although I do enjoy using it mindfully these days I won't lie haha, I no longer use Instagram...but hey it can be used mindfully.

The purpose of this thread is not to tell you to stop using or not to use social media.

It's to raise awareness. You think you know it all already perhaps. Perhaps I think I know it all, so why even do this?

Well I'll tell you only fools think they know everything about everything. Wise ones understand there is always a deeper level of understanding to be reached...

Star Lord likes this.
  9. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

The only "social" platform that I've used recently online is NoFap.
    I was once on Facebook with an anonymous account but that was 8 years ago.

10. I once had an anonymous account, while still using a real account though lol. I would go so far as to say I had a short phase where I viewed myself as social media 'terrorist'. Not a terrorist in the traditional sense of the term, I was like a Dark Avenger Dexter type social media terrorist terrorizing evil presences on social media with certain content. Basically attacking shitbags mostly by hijacking their hashtags with content opposing what they used the hashtags for...also did this on Instagram for probably less than a month a couple different times.

Lol, I'm way past such things these days. It was fun as hell though I won't lie..

11. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

I hate google.

They are pure evil.
    By the way if you have an android phone or have done in the past, log in to your google account and then look at your account activity.

https://myactivity.google.com/

You may scare yourself what info they have on record.
    Every search term you ever made while signed in.
    Every voice search recorded to your account while signed in.
    Just...everything.

I only use google for email now. I've locked all data recording features on each google email...I'm sick of google. I never sign in to any google services with my account other than strictly gmail. Fuck them.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  12. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Mark zuckerberg is also evil.
    He is totally ok with harvesting and selling people's digital lives, but he himself tapes over his gadgets cameras and turns off the microphone features.
    Pure scum.

Taylor25 likes this.
  13. You're a spiteful one aren't you?

While I like knowing the truth of things and lifting the veil of falsities, I just don't share your level of spite/hate/extreme dislike mate!

But I hear ya!

Star Lord likes this.
  14. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Oh yes I really do despise digital companies.
    It's only going to get worse too. The future is grim for us who are aware of the control of population through technology.
    VR is currently the newest thing. Kids will grow up on VR and not know the real world and not want to explore the real world.
    Then it will be microchips, sold under the lie of making life easier etc.
    Something scary that's in prototype phase is Amazon GO.
    Augmented reality cameras that know when you enter the shop by scanning your Amazon account on your phone, follow you around and watch you pick items off the shop shelves, you leave and the shop automatically takes money from your bank linked to the account.
    We are doomed.

15. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Capitalism + globalism want us all to become brainwashed into a "simple life with technology" but what they are really doing is controlling us with technology.

16. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

My dream is to get enough money behind me to buy a house in the sticks and cut myself off from the system.

17. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

They always sell these ideas and products with an overly weak sounding man or woman narrating it too.
    To subliminally tell you "look I sound friendly then that means the product is friendly...yeees follow the candy".