1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Stop suffering

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Erick Pastora, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Erick Pastora

Erick Pastora Fapstronaut

Just a quick thought for everyone who has a hard time with dating: stop suffering. When you like someone don't start suffering about it, don't be a jealous or needy guy. Love is a beautiful feeling, feel it that way. I say this because sometimes we like someone and instead of living that great feeling to the maximum you start suffering because you're jealous of the guys talking to her, or she doesn't answer your texts and you suffer, basically you don't feel worthy of her. Stop, that, now. This is going to sound cheesy but life is too short to be suffering.
    Sure, things won't go your way every time or maybe they almost never go your way, but you're ok with it.
    I started thinking about this since I saw that Nick Cage movie "adaptation" in which there's a guy who is in love with a girl and she makes fun of him and treats him like shit, but he's still happy because that loving feeling was his and not hers.
    Not saying don't be sad ever, but be ok being sad, be ok with yourself and don't ever let another person try to define who you are. I don't know you, but I can tell you, you're worthy, it's OK to be who you are.

2. Karimtolstoi

Karimtolstoi Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I personnaly avoid such sufferings by trying to live the present and forget about the past though it is hard to endure sometimes feelings of ignorance, unfaithfulness, ingratitude and the like.
    I try also to deal woth that by expecting nothing from others and have faith in God because whenever I choose to make a decision, he only knows which is the better option for me.

Hitto likes this.