1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer runs

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Ghost in the Shell, Jun 25, 2020.

1. After being a lazy bum for a few years I noticed that I was getting fat and activities which used to be easy such as walking up a short fleet of stairs were suddenly leaving me winded. So I decided to get back to running about a month ago.

To assess my fitness I did a 5k and timed it. It was horrible! I had to take walking breaks and it took 32 min and all of my energy. I did a couple workouts throughout this June and ran the 5k again yesterday. I managed to finish in just under 30 minutes while feeling like I could have gone a bit faster. Not what I hoped for but still an improvement! Hopefully I'll be able to get the time under 25:00 by the end of the summer.

I'll log my workouts here to keep myself motivated. If you want to join in, please do!

BurgerChamp and Knighthawk like this.
  2. kaushal15

kaushal15 Fapstronaut

Hey Caligula, I am in, had the same experience. I haven't really been a runner, but recently decided to start running. Last week I completed my 5K run in 28 minutes. I am running every alternate days, hopefully will be able to achieve sub 25 minute times by the end of summer.

3. Hilly 3k today. Ran without music for the first time and it turned out to be a more pleasurable experience.

@kaushal15 cool, thanks for joining. Have fun!

BurgerChamp likes this.
  4. Intervals:
    1k@4:48
    1k@4:25
    1k@4:46 (downhill)
    1k@4:21

I remember running 1k in 4:35 in fourth grade so at least I'm faster than my ten-year-old self :D

5. Having some extra energy and nothing to do I decided to go for a bike ride. It turned out ti be a horrible idea. I got lost and broke the damn thing. I ended up having to push the bicycle for some 10k before I found my way home.

I spent over 4 hours on this "trip".

6. kaushal15

kaushal15 Fapstronaut

Had a decent 5 K Run, a bit uphill bust mostly flat till the finish. Been having a lower back ache while running, wonder what that means, maybe I need to improve my form. For the first time I listened to a podcast during the run, I was probably the only fool cracking up while running :)

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  7. Damn dude I’m sorry that sucks! Good on you for exercising though I need to get into it again

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  8. Easy 4k run today.

In retrospect, it's quite funny.

Knighthawk likes this.
  9. 1k@3:50
    Repeated 8 times: run 5 minutes, walk 5 minutes

Knees and feet received a proper beating today. I'm also coughing a bit. Hope I didn't overdo it.

BurgerChamp likes this.
  10. Two day break is over. I felt worse than on the active days so no more breaks starting today!

20 min easy today. I tried different shoes which are slightly smaller. It wasn't a smart move - my ankles hurt so much that I had to abandon the run halfway (originally I intended to run for 40 min).

BurgerChamp likes this.
  11. Good to see people taking up the challenge of running. I'm trying to get myself to do it as well. Running progress is some of the most satisfying progress you can make. Pro tip - if you train a martial art, it will increase your cardio tremendously.

12. Another easy recovery run. Legs still hurt from tomorrow. Use proper shoes kids!

FellatiousD and Knighthawk like this.
  13. EZ clap we got em bois

14. It's a euphemism for "slow"

15. ohhh

16. 1k@5:54
    1k@5:41

Seems like I'm getting worse lol. I'll keep doing this nevertheless. In between the runs I did chinups. Total disaster - can't do more than two in a row! It took me quite a long time to dish out a total of 15.

17. 30 min @ 5:45

I have done some runs in the meantime but forgot to log them here.