1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The experiment as a women/on the womens section

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by axy_david, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Elduderino

Elduderino Fapstronaut

I used to think being a man meant being unapologetic, willing to knock my opponents lights out if he disagrees, doing what I want while disregarding the circumstances and consequences.

I learned that real men admit their weakness, they are respectful, they are honest in accepting and voicing their emotions, they are responsible and caring for those weaker than them and they don't try to seek identity in things outside of their means.

None of us are perfect and we all slip up, our selfishness and male tendency to act as though we're always right or act tough tends to rear it's head on occasion but this is nothing but a tendency and not a defining feature of a mature man.

2. Don't even get me started on this again. As a catholic I believe in God's infinite love and forgiveness. I'm not committing a sin. Man and woman?! Exactly, it's in the head. I feel like a man today. I'm a boy, like God's image. Plus the Bible was written by men. Inspired by Gods perhaps, but still by men. I'm Saint Thomas here. I won't believe it's a sin until God descends himself to say it to me. God is a freaking spirit ffs. My soul today is those of a boy, and it's nowhere connected to my body, which doesn't either mean that I have to set my body aside to focus on the mind. I accept that my body has breasts to feed life, a uterus to bear life, a vagina to let said life get out. I would have liked to be able to change at will my body from male to female on a click but it's not the case and I accept it. I admit that I have to check, but from what I remember, Genesis doesn't say women and men in terms of gender, but in terms of physical sexuality. I'm only considering facts. I believe that God desires nothing but my greatest happiness. Ever since I accepted that my gender differs from my genitals, passed the first period of fearful doubt due to social constructs, I've been in total harmony. I feel GOOD. I DO NOT feel dysphoric anymore. The fluidity is what suits me the best and erased an enormous amount of insecurities. I'm getting holier every day, Elduderino. Since I accepted that I do not have to force and suppress myself into a mould created by men, not God, I been feeling the most complete and embedded in reality than I ever been, and have used my happiness and peace to do as much good as I can both around me and regarding my own person, an have been praying God for hours to thank him for this newly found delicious peace. If this is not the goal of every self-professing Catholic, then I apologise, I am not, I belong to a religion that believes in everything Catholicism professes but this and views on sexuality. I won't have time to react for a while, but anyway, please don't worry about me. I'm comfortable with my genders, my sexuality, and finally, my faith.

3. Elduderino

Elduderino Fapstronaut

Yeah. God isn't just love and forgiveness.

There is an entire Bible comprised of 66 books that are indeed written by men but actually moved by the Holy Spirit. This Bible testifies of the history of God's interaction with man through his chosen people of Israel until the time of the early Church.

The Bible is not just 66 books of man's opinion to take what he likes about love and forgiveness but it is written by men moved by the Holy Spirit that speak in unity of the revelation of God's interaction with man, God's personality, his law, justice, his plan for humanity and the world et cetera.

To believe otherwise isn't trusting In God's revelation about himself at all; that's believing in an idol - a God made up to suit your own lifestyle. To continue in this philosophy without repentance and trusting in his written word is irreconcilable.

God is not just love and forgiveness but also justice, he has wrath against evil and sin and as a professing Catholic his laws really shouldn't be ignored in the pursuit of cheap grace.

Check out Paul's letter to the Romans, chapter 6.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  4. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

Well I was trying to conform the one that my parents wish I had. But it's not working out for me. I'll do this experiment to see and understand my feminine side, how big or small it is and how much it impacts me in my everyday life.

5. Elduderino

Elduderino Fapstronaut

Yeah, my brother used to make fun of me for doing gymnastics because it was "girly". My parents and family knocked my long hair and my ear piercings too.
    People accustomed to society's portrayal of men and women sometimes leads them to believe such superficial things define a person. That someone with long hair and earrings looks like a girl.

None of these things really compromised my masculinity, I would actually say that I'm probably the most masculine man in my family.

I think a hallmark of manhood is not in his appearance but in his ability to give up his life for others.
    It's the father's duty in a family to sacrifice his time to support the lives of his wife, children, community and even to those he doesn't know. He risks his own safety and comfort so others may benefit.

The female role is different, it requires a lot more care for self, household, personal emotions, community. Women deserve, require and even provide so much more comfort than men do.

I think to sum it up;
    A man risks his comfort and livelihood for others and ironically find his comfort and livelihood in this, this is Man's constant sacrifice.

A woman requires security and finds her identity in feeling secure and sharing that comfort and security. I can't speak too much for women as of course I am not one but this I know is different to us men.

6. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

Social constructs are not who we really are. They are constructed by society and are just thoughts. The classic example is how boys are told to wear blue and girls are told to wear pink. What happens is that boys decide that blue is better than pink and form an opinion about that. They identify that opinion as them!!! They create a social identity to fit in and gain power over others. Some people take this lightly but others actually think they are a man or a woman and when someone tells them that they want to get a sex change that confuses them a lot :p.

7. Elduderino

Elduderino Fapstronaut

That's true, but lets not think that every part of our identity is a social construct or that all social constructs are inherently evil.

8. KingRecover17

KingRecover17 Fapstronaut

Okay so were you bully all of high school? Also how bad was it and did you ever tell your parents that you were being bullied? Do you think being bullied had something to do with your gender crisis?

Elduderino likes this.
  9. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

ah that is true... that is what you are saying...

10. dude like?.... ???? I'm only doing this to help if you don't feel like messaging me don't feel forced it won't stop me from sleeping tonight

11. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

I never really wanted to protect anyone, but be protected, maybe it's because I always ended up being protected by 1 girl when I was bullied in school. I also do not identify with all these duties.
    not it the highschool, they were nice guys, just interested in me in a way I did not appreciate back then.

12. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

I have no idea what you're on to right now. I do find the "dude like?.... ????" reaction interesting tho. Please understand that as far as I see we have a lot of differences in our cultures, don't get offended now.....:rolleyes:

KingRecover17 likes this.
  13. KingRecover17

So in other words what I'm trying to say is did you experience any trauma growing up besides being bullied that would cause you have a gender crisis?

14. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

Not the fact that I was bullied, I don't think it had a big impact, if you want to know what I've considered to be a big impact in my gender crisis check my diary here
    This had an impact on what I consider to be beautiful tho :p

15. KingRecover17

Oh okay now things makes sense you were molested at 8 which caused you have to gender crisis. I knew you must had went through something traumatic and I'm not trying to be disrespectful by saying that, I just kinda knew something must of happened that caused you to be confused about your gender. But molestation is a very serious thing, it ain't no laughing matter, but I salute you for opening up to people and telling your story. I just hope you heal from the trauma you experience when you were 8 and not let that to continue to confuse you.

Elduderino likes this.
  16. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

Well it's not only that, but I agree with you, it is confusing.

Elduderino and KingRecover17 like this.
  17. KingRecover17

What's the other factor if you don't mine sharing? Btw my sister was molested when she was young as well so I some what understand the confusion that your having.

Elduderino likes this.
  18. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

It's all in the diary man, all there. I did not refrain from specifying anything. Everything that I wrote there is related with my gender identity crisis, the molestation was only the beginning

19. KingRecover17

Oh okay I see

20. Sorry I might have misunderstood, I thought that the tone of your message was condescending. If you want to discuss gender with me it'll be a pleasure, but I don't care if you don't. After all I feel comfortable with my genders myself.