1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The fear of failure

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Datme, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Datme

Datme Fapstronaut

Hello guys

Again I have to deal with some anxious thoughts. This time I think a lot about my college and if I can succeed or not.

I always try my best to study but actually going to college has been a big issue for me. Previous year (way before NoFap) I had a very specific anxiety which I mainly felt during class.

In class I would have the feeling that I have to go to the bathroom to pee and that other people will notice me standing up and go outside. I felt like people were going to judge me all the time in class. Because of this I didn't go to school for half a year but I am now cured thanks to therapy.

I am now back in class since previous semester and I went the whole semester and I almost didn't skip any class.

However, now since NoFap I am dealing with anxious thoughts again (probably the withdrawal symptoms). I don't feel the pee feeling and in social situations I did notice I became more smoother since NoFap but my energy is draining much more faster and my willpower is also a little bit lower then usual which results that I skip classes more frequently now. The problem is that whenever I skip a class I feel enormous guilty and I am afraid to fail just because I missed that one class but at the same time I just feel like I can't do it. My body just refuses to go.

I don't miss a lot of stuff because everything is in our books and I often get bored in class because I study everyday for at least one hour and I am ahead of some classes so I actually don't have to worry about anything but still I do.

I assume this is just the withdrawal and I need to get over it but it's difficult now.

2. Air0

Air0 Fapstronaut

Hey dude! Everything will be ok. Stay strong and enjoy the moment! I would stick to nofap because if you didn't; would that make you feel any better? You can do this man!

Deleted Account and Datme like this.
  3. Don't skip classes. You can relate to people here that were even skipping their jobs. The block that makes you skip classes is something you can crush through. Like your abstinence, going to school will also get easier.
    Also, it's a delusion. I have similar thoughts when I know I can leave from work earlier than usual, but I try to stay and do more. I know that leaving earlier comes from my hidden urge that when I return home... you know. It comes from my school times (I wasn't aware of the addiction then.) when I couldn't wait to return home for one purpose. Now I'm aware of it and my job helps me a lot.

Deleted Account and Datme like this.
  4. Datme

Datme Fapstronaut

Thanks for the support guys. I think I had a mood-swing. I just went outside in nature, reading some books. I feel much better now.

I will continue with my NoFap journey no matter what and I will also continue to go to school! Sometimes I have to just push myself a little bit to get over these things!

Thanks again!

Air0 likes this.