1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Gratitude Attitude Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by BushidoWarrior, Sep 21, 2015.

1. StraightEdge

StraightEdge Fapstronaut

Thank you @Toshiro for the videos you posted and the youtube channel. as you can assume, i found them really interesting. I'm likely to spend some time watching some of them. ;)

By the way, I like your avatar too.:)

1. I'm grateful for playing piano whenever I want.
    2. I'm grateful for the high quality sleep I had last night.
    3. I'm grateful for the journey :)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  2. Thanks! Ya interesting channel I discovered it a few weeks ago. Really interesting info in those well made videos :)

Here's a link for anyone else curious:
    [​IMG]
    Epified

1. I'm grateful for the health of my lungs. With the amount of different shit I've inhaled into them over the years, they were more than resilient patiently waiting for me to get my shit together.
    2. I'm grateful for my liver. For putting up with the ungodly amount of different chemicals I've made it filter over the years. It never quit when I needed it most but I'll never know how close I came.
    3. I'm grateful for my kidneys. For being resilient during all the life destroying binges.

JesusGreen likes this.
  3. wj2727

wj2727 Fapstronaut

I'm grateful for being able to take a vacation.
    I'm grateful for breakfast and a full belly.
    I'm grateful for my strong, supportive and no BS wife.

4. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for leaving my work. Although I was grateful for getting work. My interest more and more has decreased and this has led to poor performance in my work. It's been on my mind day and night whether to stay or leave, however, it's got to me and can no longer continue. Many have advised me to "stick it out" but my mental well being is taking a hit. Therefore, believe this is the correct decision. Most importantly I will be happier.
    2. I'm grateful for more time available. After leaving work, it will provide me more TIME for what I want to do with. Currently reading books and learning Spanish.
    3. I'm grateful for a lovely day today. It was around 25-28 degrees today!

5. StraightEdge

StraightEdge Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for dreams and nightmares. They give clues.
    2. I'm grateful for detoxifying.
    3. I'm grateful for Carl Jung book on Kundalini yoga.

6. Another double.
    1. I'm grateful for having been able to complete more than 1 pullup today, managed 2 pullups in a row for the first time.
    2. I'm grateful for continually improving my form on different exercises and as a result getting better at them and doing them more effectively.
    3. I'm grateful for the meal I just ate and how filling it was.
    4. I'm grateful for the continued rise in monthly views, subscribers, ad revenue etc, even when I've had a break from releasing videos recently.
    5. I'm grateful for good music and TV shows to keep me entertained in my free time.
    6. I'm grateful for the increased lucidity I keep having in my dreams lately, another 2 lucid dreams last night.

7. Overfloweth

Overfloweth Fapstronaut

1) I'm grateful to the salmon I'm just about to eat.
    2) I'm grateful for flying away for a short holiday in a two days time.
    3) I'm grateful for the warm summer sun.

JesusGreen and wj2727 like this.
  8. NooseAnchor

NooseAnchor Fapstronaut

1) I'm grateful for @Overfloweth 's salmon I'm just about to steal from his kitchen/plate (jk, obviously :D)
    2) I'm thankful for learning what I don't want and thereby figuring out what I do want.
    3) I'm grateful for the amazing mood I am in.
    4) I'm grateful for my returned self confidence and happiness after a couple
    of weird days of mental/emotional struggle.

JesusGreen, Overfloweth and wj2727 like this.
  9. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for being able to watch the McGregor vs Diaz 2. I can watch this fight without the worry of waking up early for work.
    2. I'm grateful for Rakshabandan. This is an Indian event every year where brother and cousin brothers take the time to appreciate their sister and cousin sisters.
    3. I'm grateful for the loving family. Self-explanatory.

1. Grateful for the element of Earth
    2. Grateful for the element of Fire
    3. Grateful for the element of Air
    HOORAH

JesusGreen and StraightEdge like this.
  10. wj2727

wj2727 Fapstronaut

Grateful for all my family around me.
    Grateful to be on vacation in nature.
    Grateful for my strong supportive no BS wife.

11. StraightEdge

StraightEdge Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for my runnings. I improve every week.
    2. I'm grateful for yesterday's dinner with old friends.
    3. I'm grateful for the rain.

12. Overfloweth

Overfloweth Fapstronaut

Massive congrats @StraightEdge on hitting your 90 day target...much respect and celebration :)

1. Grateful for trees.
    2. Grateful for soil.
    3. Grateful for hemp protein, such a high quality protein.

LongWayHome and JesusGreen like this.
  13. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for Nofap. Nofap has shown to become an alpha male instead of beta male.
    2. I'm grateful for my potential self. I can feel this confident, flirty cheeky self within. If somehow I can unleash this potential.
    3. I'm grateful for life. It's strange and struggles at times but without life what would there be?

14. StraightEdge

StraightEdge Fapstronaut

Thank you @Overfloweth :)

1. I'm grateful for this cool morning.
    2. I'm grateful for my desk.
    3. I'm grateful for learning about physiology.

15. The Myth of the Alpha Male

I respect that you like feeling confident and manly, but since human beings are not wolves I just have to share a couple things since you dropped the word alpha. Forum rules. Maybe visit this site once in a while Art of Manliness ;)

No offense man but everytime I see someone talking about being alpha it makes me wanna leave the forum hahaha. I was raised an athlete and guess I have an inborn confidence so I see right through shit like this for what it really is, insecure dudes trying to feel secure about themselves so they inflate their ego to 10x....

Not saying that's what you're doing, it's not your fault you didn't realize the whole alpha term is one big falsehood.

If you insist on modelling yourself after a wolf give this a read though: How to REALLY Be Alpha Like the Wolf

[​IMG]

#1. Stop Hiding Behind the "Alpha" Label
    [​IMG]

You are not an alpha male; you're just being marketed to. Some jaded hipster dickhead in lensless eyeglasses that cost more than your house used the entire "alpha" movement to sell you energy drinks and those shirts that look like douchebag scrimshaw.

Human beings are not wolves. We're not even pack hunters anymore. Modern society has no place for an alpha, a beta, or anything resembling a carnivorous predatory social structure. "Alpha" is just a positive-sounding synonym for "asshole," and it is not an acceptable excuse for behaving like a cocksock, because the sad reality is, there is never an excuse for behaving like a cocksock. Wouldn't it be nice if there were? If there were some social theory, psychological disorder, or gypsy curse you could use to excuse your off-putting behavior? It sure would. But there never has been, and there never will be. It was all a giant lie sold to you by Big Energy to trick you into a mild stimulant addiction, an untruth you received free with every three-pack of TapouT shirts.

I understand why it seems reasonable at first. What is an alpha male if not a beloved antihero, a Wolverine or Han Solo type? Did you agree with that statement? You shouldn't have. It was a trick. See, the alpha mentality slipped through our cultural defenses on the back of an actual truth: Confidence and, yes, even cockiness is attractive.

Here's the difference: An alpha male embraces the label because he secretly suspects that he might be a face full of dicks and he needs a way to spin that into a positive thing. A confident man would shun the very concept of labels because he knows that that's the shit insecure people use to feel accepted. The very second you open your mouth to self-identify as "alpha," you're admitting that you're too insecure to face life alone and on your own terms. You're giving everybody who speaks to you a disclaimer: "I'm going to be a dick to you, and here's why it's OK and you still have to like me." A truly confident man would never give enough of a shit to make that statement.

Being an asshole is like being an alcoholic: The first and most important step is realizing and admitting it. You're not a party animal if you're throwing up rotgut in the parking lot of a Circle K, and you're not an "alpha" if you're harassing uninterested women and trying to start fights with the smallest guy at the bar.

#2. Realize Empathy Is Not Just for Pussies
    [​IMG]

Empathy has a bad PR department. It seems like something that should be taught by a soft-spoken man in a pastel room that doubles as a yoga studio on weekends. Empathy is for pussies, and that's why you only hear people advocating it in weak, begging tones.

"Have some empathy," the Rick Moranis lookin' dude pleads, as you headbutt his wife into submission for looking too long at your neck tattoo.

Besides, you, the asshole, are probably most comfortable displaying strong, negative emotions. You don't cry; you rage. That's fine (I mean, not overall -- that's a crippling emotional problem that's going to shatter your entire life if left unattended), but we're starting small here. You can empathize with any emotion, so start with the only one you deem acceptable: self-righteous fury. Next time you're bro-ing out in a bar or passive-aggressively belittling your co-workers, just think of how much you would bitch about that happening should your roles be reversed. How would you tell the anecdote to your friends, later in the day, if you two switched places? Would you be the villain in his story? If so, knock it off. That's empathy! It's that easy! Using this simple trick, even the most twisted sociopath can pass as a normal!

But damn, now that you've objectively realized you're being an asshole, what's the out? How do you stop? You're far too insecure to man up and apologize (that's OK, that's a pretty advanced step), so for now, try yelling something nonsensical and storming off. Pick a line, any line, from the Full Housetheme song, yell it in indignant fury, and then walk away.

"It's a rare condition, this day and age, to read any good news on the newspaper page, fucker!"

It will give the other party something to think about. Hopefully they'll be too distracted by the non-sequitur to dwell on what an unreasonable prick you were being. Or at the very least, they'll think you were having a mild stroke and therefore they cannot hold your prior outbursts against you.

On that note I'm grateful for good art, real gentlemen, and noble hearted people.

16. Sublimemonk

Sublimemonk Fapstronaut

1.I am grateful for my parents to be supportive and being there for me always.
    2.I am grateful to this world for having a second chance always for everyone.
    3.I am grateful for this life .

17. wj2727

wj2727 Fapstronaut

I'm grateful for this website...49 days of support.
    I'm grateful for being in nature on vacation.
    I'm grateful for my strong supportive no BS wife.