1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Harry Potter Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Don'tLookBack, Nov 27, 2021.

You in?

1. Yes!!

166 vote(s)
    89.2%
  2. Maybe later.

8 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Nah.

12 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. Day 9 - Gryffindor Hogwarts Student Year One!

JohnnyDq, Don'tLookBack and devsMind like this.
  2. devsMind

devsMind Fapstronaut

After some longer discussion with The Sorting Hat which wasn’t sure which House I should select final decision appeared-RAVENCLAW!:emoji_eagle:

JohnnyDq and Angel_888 like this.
  3. Don'tLookBack

Don'tLookBack Fapstronaut

4. Firelord Zuko

Firelord Zuko Fapstronaut

2 days and a half as a muggle.

Don'tLookBack, devsMind and Angel_888 like this.
  5. devsMind

devsMind Fapstronaut

:emoji_mortar_board:HOGWARTS STUDENT - YEAR ONE - RAVENCLAW:emoji_eagle: - Day 10 :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:

6. New Journey

New Journey Fapstronaut

Day 6 - Muggle

It's been a weird couple of days! So remember a few days ago when I thought I heard my uncle cursing about, of all things, owls? Turns out they had been trying to deliver me a letter. I mean, why owls? It's the 21st century, has no-one heard of email? I know things were delivered by pigeons before. Anyway, a couple of days later I managed to grab one, but my uncle just ripped it out of my hand. I've never had a letter addressed to me before, so it was really disappointing. A few hours later, you won't believe it, thousand of letters, literally thousands of these letters came through the chimney addressed to me! Talk about service. I don't even have Amazon Prime. This just forced my uncle to barrier all the windows and the doors, but it didn't stop the bombardment of owls. Eventually we all ended up in the car (me, my uncle, auntie, and my very annoying cousin) and ended up god knows where, some lighthouse I think. My uncle was very smug about the whole thing. 'There, no more owls!' he cried.

I was sat there, all alone pondering about life. I say alone, because I might as well have been. It was my birthday, but no-one I know cared. Suddenly this giant of a man came bursting through the door. I've never seen someone so big. His hands alone were massive. He gave me a birthday cake, something I've never had before, and told me I'm a wizard. I was incredulous and just laughed in his face. At first I thought it was some cruel trick my uncle hired as he liked to do on occasion, but then he turned to my cousin, who sat there stuffing his face with my cake, and gave him a pig tail. Not a stick on pig tail, an actual pig tail!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, it happens I can do magic. Not David Blaine magic, but actual magic! I'm an actual wizard. I thought to be a wizard you had to have a long grey/white beard and a pointy hat, but there you go. Turns out those 'blasted owls' were trying to deliver me a letter inviting me to study at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I go there tomorrow!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  7. JohnnyDq

JohnnyDq Fapstronaut

8. Don'tLookBack

Great job friend! Keep it going! Be better than I've been the past few days.

Firelord Zuko, JohnnyDq and devsMind like this.
  9. devsMind

devsMind Fapstronaut

:emoji_mortar_board:HOGWARTS STUDENT - YEAR ONE - RAVENCLAW:emoji_eagle: - Day 11 :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:

Today my mind wonders like crazy and pretty sure I didn’t run into some P-like content only thanks to all that set phone restrictions, giving me in those times of trial opportunity to consciously rethink my action. I am definitely bored today and sore muscles make doing any real workout problematic, for now will continue my record streak, hoping to reach 23rd day in couple hours.

10. devsMind

devsMind Fapstronaut

It’s great Bro that you are cheering all folks-we all appreciate for sure and salute you for that!
    Don’t see streaks of others as you would be there IF, I know that it’s hard but certainly don’t want you to beat yourself because of that. Try instead to calmly rethink what made you relapse last time and get into extremes-as I’ve stated above blocking triggers, forcing mind/body to avoid routine can work as lifebuoy in times of trial-and those will happen to anyone-the only question is when!

11. New Journey

New Journey Fapstronaut

Day 0 - Muggle

So I managed to get to King's Cross station to get a train to Hogwarts. I was so excited, me being an actual magician and all. To get on the train I had to run towards a brick wall between platforms 9-10, and this would take me to platform 9 3/4 to where the train was. This train would get me to Hogwarts! I saw a few students run towards the wall, and suddenly they disappeared. I was quite nervous, but I gathered my things, lined-up my trolley, and started to run full pelt at the wall. This was it. I was going to Hogwarts! I got to the wall and BAM, all of my things flew up into the air. I wasn't sure what was wrong. By the time I gathered my thoughts together after being dazed by the impact, all these kids started appearing from the wall I had just hit. Turns out the train was cancelled due to engineering works. Talk about bad timing. Anyway, I received a letter the next day saying the admission to Hogwarts was delayed for a week. This time next week, hopefully I'll get to Hogwarts (They never did tell us the REAL reason why it got postponed).

12. Don'tLookBack

Thank you. It's just been rough because I went on that 11 day streak, but then have just kept relapsing since :( I know I can do this. I just need to stay focused.

13. Don'tLookBack

Pick yourself back up again, you've got this!

14. JohnnyDq

JohnnyDq Fapstronaut

Thank you Bro! We all have had bad days! Take a deep breath and restart as a muggle. One day we both will be mentioned on top ranks on Page 1!

15. New Journey

New Journey Fapstronaut

Muggle - Day 0.

I'm back in my bedroom, the cupboard under the stairs. Life sucks at the moment. It's really hard work being with my adopted family, but I know that if I just focus one day at a time I'll get to Hogwarts. Good things come to those who wait, so they say.

16. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

back to day 3 - muggle
    I got a moment of weakness
    [​IMG]

17. Don'tLookBack

Keep working at it! And don't get too hard on yourself.

18. JohnnyDq

JohnnyDq Fapstronaut