1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Come on you can do this, no matter how many times you fall , the important thing its to stand up again and fight , but not alone, because you're not alone we are all together in this fight . and the next time you feel in danger remember what gandalf said " You Shall not Pass¡¡" ;):emoji_pray::emoji_slight_smile:

2. jimmyanderson

jimmyanderson Fapstronaut

Day 19, the dreams have gotten more and more pushy. Strange thing. I used to have one dream in about 6 months before this challenge. Nevertheless, we March on.

3. Day 20.
    Today will be a challenge.
    Just sitting home and weather is awful.
    But I will persevere

4. Taran7

Taran7 Fapstronaut

Day 7
    Not much to say but...LIFE IS GOOD!!
    Push on brothers!Remember what we fight for!

5. Day 3. Not one Golden Drop escapes. I will retain and cast the ring into the fires of Mount Doom.

6. Julito

Julito Fapstronaut

7. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

excellent advice. thanks brother :)

8. RiseToGreatness

hi bro. what do you mean by "marriage release"? please clarify, thank you :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  9. RiseToGreatness

priority bro. until you put the reboot on top priority in your life, you´ll be stuck in the endless loop of relapses and withdrawals. an addiction is really a serious problem, you got to treat it as such.

10. RiseToGreatness

sis, i know when we´re feeling really low the absolutes "never" and "forever" tend to appear. but any kind of promise or hope we make, tend to create subtle pressure on yourselfs. no matter how hard this may seems, but we can only handle with this day. the pain of today, the urge of today, the boredom of today, etc....

any kind of futurology only works against us.

another thing, the audio you record may seem a good strategy to motivate yourself but you should hear it daily, not just when you´re feeling hesitant.

when we´re feeling hesitant it´s hard to change the focus, we just want the gratification (pmo) to end the pressure and the pain. so by that time it´s like trying to stop a bulldozer with a bicycle.

that´s an important thing i learned about my triggers plan, before there were parts of it that i would only activate if i felt "insecure". the problem is when i felt insecure, it´s hard to change the focus, because the willpower was crippled and on the verge of collapse. so now i put all the components of my triggers plan always active, no matter how i feel. that keeps me safe and also boosts my determination ;)

so whatever you do to keep you motivated and safe, do it daily :). makes all the difference.

11. RiseToGreatness

:emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle:

12. RiseToGreatness

my condolences bro :(

13. RiseToGreatness

plan you free time bro, and put all temptations at bay. it´s very important, especially when staying home for longs periods of time.

14. RiseToGreatness

checking for day 6 and 7. Uruk-Hai now!!! ;)

sorry for not replying yesterday my friends, but i was stomach sick and with nausea all day. however the addict mind drop in as always and try to bypass the nausea with pmo. luckly my wife hide the laptop battery (part of my triggers plan) so no luck for me. even though i search for it like a damn junkie :p

today i feel more stable, better from the stomach and glad that i didn´t collapse yesterday. i really felt like a loose cannon for some moments. the reboot is hard in the first weeks, but it´s even harder when we´re sick. that´s why is so important to have a triggers plan always active. we can´t rely only on willpower, it oscilates a lot.

Let´s welcome the new members of the Fellowship:

@MyGodandMyAll27
    @GoldenDreams

The following brothers have upgraded and reach places in Middle Earth. Congratulations!!! ;)

@Ciceron - Buckleberry Ferry / Shire
    @Taran7 - Uruk-Hai
    @jimmyanderson - Buckleberry Ferry / Shire
    @liona - Hobbit / Hobbiton (now on the path to destroy the ring. Good luck sis!!! :) )
    @UpInSmokeTour - Weathertop / Eriador
    @Cucurbito - Bree / Eriador
    @Gandalf the White - Bree / Eriador

A big hug to our returned brother @belio123 :). Welcome back bro, are we doing this or what? ;)

A big wave of positive energy to our sister @Fighter_4_life now facing a hard time. Keep going sis, you´re doing great :). Remember the words: if it doesn´t challenge you, it´s doesnt´change you.

Let´s take over to another common trigger to pmo: insomnia. Here´s a great technique to help sleep better. Do this before bed Companion, you´ll fall asleep fast and soundly! :)

Have a great day!!! Onward!!!!!!!!!!

15. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Hi everyone 4 Days ,we have to keep going , lets do this right . :):emoji_muscle:

16. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Sorry about that. Kitties are good buddies. Good for you for keeping clean.

17. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Had to work late last night and was online past my usual 8pm cut off. Had a very close call. My brain when tired is basically a zombie and I am an easy target. Luckily before I gave into the urge I re-read my post about how bad I felt after I fell last time. It was a no-brainer then to get off the internet and go to bed.

18. UpInSmokeTour

UpInSmokeTour Fapstronaut

19. Day 4. Heavy use of instagram and tinder these days, living alone is sometimes lonely, but everytime I pick up my guitar I feel better. gotta remember to do that more often