1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Great post. I recently read a book by retired Navy Seal David Goggins called "You can't hurt me". It's a memoir but it also serves as a motivational/self-help book. Each chapter ends with a challenge and one of them is to find where you spend your time. And then to break down what you want to do into manageable chunks and plan your day accordingly.

Your post reminded me of that because there are so many ways our time goes down the drain and it's really a shame. We spend a lot of time distracting ourselves instead of doing the things we want to do.

2. Day 4 complete!

"Those who are overcome by unexpected desires should be advised to recognize that they are daily engaged in the war of the present life and to protect the heart...and fortify themselves in the fortress of the mind with continuous vigilance against this dark contest. For if the heart lacks anxious caution, it exposes itself to wounds, because the crafty enemy strikes the breast more freely whenever the breastplate of forethought is absent."

Pope St. Gregory, The Book of Pastoral Rule, 590 A.D.

3. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

4. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 3 checkin (Attempt 3): - Orc!

5. bob200

bob200 Fapstronaut

Day 1

I’m still not in the grove, so I’m going to try and make it one day at a time for the next couple of days. The first three days are by far the hardest for me (not that I’ve ever made it far beyond them). I’ve joined a pilates class so I could be sure that I’ll work out three times a week, put a daily reminder to meditate and started journaling again. I’m hoping that it could give me the push I need to stay focused on the challenges of being mindful and that I could take the time and make a real prevention plan.

everything is still hard, But I’m back, and it feels better to try and be here even if I’m kind of embarrassed that I’m always stuck in the first two weeks.

6. Thomas3

Thomas3 Fapstronaut

Hello! I'm new and starting on Day 0. Ready for the long journey

7. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

From my experience, to do this it is necessary to go to bed earlier.:)

8. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Sometimes the journey maybe a much shorter one if you have a good discipline to consistently apply right principles and good advice to make yourself better.;)

9. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Look we are all travelers on the road of life and we see other people in different states along this journey. It's our attitude that matters, for us having a meaning in life, instead of aimless, useless wanderings in circles.
    Some of us are indifferent to the suffering of our brethren we see along our path whilst thinking it's their own problem, they created it so let them solve it and that we don't have spare time to help somebody in their troubles. Thinking this way don't get surprised when the world around you starts treating you in kind,I mean without any kindness, by just looking at your sufferings and letting you to solve them on your own.
    Whilst others see fellows travelers as their kin, as their brothers and sisters, they do feel their suffering as their own and do something to relieve or remove it, at least they offer their help and advice. With this attitude of loving kindness the world around you will treat you in kind with support when you need it instead of indifference and turning blind eye on you and your problems.
    The choice is yours- What do you want the outside world to reflect on you? Can you enjoy other peoples well-being as if it was your own and maybe get inspired to achieve the same or do you want to drag them down to make you a company in your troubles?' Know thyself' has never been more actual for us in order to be aware of what is possible for us to be, to achieve and to have in our lives.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  10. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

11. Thancred

Thancred Fapstronaut

12. ksie

ksie Fapstronaut

13. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Morning check in. Solid night sleep and a busy day ahead. Looking forward to it!

14. frosties

frosties Fapstronaut

15. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

16. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

17. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Friends, I have fallen again. I will say more later.

For now, I'm struggling to my feet, I will not quit! Prayers very much appreciated.

18. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

yeah, i find that when in a blind alley moment (boredom). we should focus on our highest aspiration. so instead of following "what i usually do", it´s better to ask "what do i really want to do?" ;). Makes all the difference :)

19. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

but it´s cathartic isn´t it? when you come clean and be honest with yourself and the group. on that moment the addiction looses a lot of strenght, and the reboot gains momentum :). always stay accountable bro, it´s more important than you think.

and don´t worry about relapses, everybody here knows that feeling, so no one will judge you for that.