1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The No Screen Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jul 28, 2018.

1. 23/30

Indeed, good work my friend!
    My wife and I watched a movie yesterday, the time got 22:22 so I stopped the movie and saved the rest for another day. I went to bed instead :) She got pretty surprised like ”you’ve always been the one who’s up all the nights and now you turn off the movie, even when we’re on vacation.” Feels great to go up at 7 am and not be tired.

The Great Safecracker likes this.
  2. 26/30 (9pm)

Last night I had some difficulties with falling in sleep. It hadn't happened for a while, contrary to before.

3. 0/30...

I woke up during the night and just had to write a message to a relative. I totally forgot about this challenge and I could have waited to tomorrow... now I can’t sleep.

4. 27/30 (9pm)

Keep going, Force. The numbers are not as important as actions. At least you have had a great deal of practice after you've completed this challenge.

5. Thank you @kallalininen , yeah I agree, the actions are more important than the numbers. It doesn’t hurt to get some extra training before the retention anyway :)
    Also, I already feel a great improvement of my overall lifestyle thanks to this challenge. I am very happy about this!

Good luck with your last 10% :)

The Great Safecracker likes this.
  6. 28/30 (9pm)

I guess I would be frustrated if I spoiled my run at this point. And that's fine if it keeps me from spoiling my run. (Especially if we're talking about my PMO streak.) But that's pretty much where it's effect should end. In principle, day 1 should be no different from day 100.

We are doing this (and other things) for the best of ourselves. We are free to choose to do whatever, but still we choose to do this. Then, it wouldn't make sense to feel angry about being forced to do it. "Am I never getting a chance to relax?" It's good to consciously remind oneself of the benefits and reasons of our actions. "I'm doing this because it's good for me."

It's been a great challenge. Continue having great days.

Ten percent of a challenge sounds kind of a lot, whereas three days is almost nothing. Moral: concentrate on doing the little things consistently. Time will then take care of summing up these little steps into a giant leap.

Force Majeure likes this.
  7. 30/30 (9pm)

Mission accomplished! It's been a great month, thanks to this challenge and the challenge of waking up early. I've been able to shift both my bedtime and wake-up time by three hours in average. I have also started to wake up before 6am without alarm which is awesome.

In the past I've been trying to adjust my sleeping schedule several times by "forcing" myself to just get up early. What I always missed, though, were the correct bedtimes and getting ready for sleep. To succeed this time, I just needed to let go of all the unnecessary distractions in the evening. And it wasn't even difficult.

vicicool likes this.
  8. 3/30 (22:25)
    (I didn't have time to update for a few days but now I'm back)

Congratulations @kallalininen for being the first who completes the challenge!! You did an awesome job!! :emoji_champagne_glass:

I think yours and my experience of this challenge is pretty much the same. I've also tried from time to time to go up at specific times and go to bed at specific times... it has never worked. When I failed to go to bed before the specific time several times in a row, I simply stopped trying... I also missed the obvious thing for success: to let go of distractions some time before bedtime. Now, by just closing the lid at a specific time, it is so much easier to stay on track. I don't have to plan the last 10 minutes of the day in order to be ready for going to bed and this simple change makes a huge difference in the result.

I wish you a joyful retention time, this change is here to stay for us both! :emoji_birthday:

9. Welcome to the challenge!

10. Thanks a lot.

For me too, this has been much more than just getting in bed at an appropriate time. I've always found it difficult to fall asleep. It hasn't been uncommon at all for me to wait for getting sleep for more than an hour or more, unless I have been really tired due to some physical activity. But during this challenge, I can think of only a few days at most when I have had it difficult falling asleep. I can't remember having had such a long time with so little anxiety related to this.

Force Majeure likes this.