1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The truth about the Ketogenic diet

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by AlphaWolf1408, Jan 5, 2021.

1. AlphaWolf1408

AlphaWolf1408 Fapstronaut

The truth about the Ketogenic diet

Keto (eating only proteins and fats) as any fad diet does seem to work but not because a “Ketogenic” state is going to burn fat like crazy (a state where your body converts fats into ketones, which are used as a glucose substrate for energy), but because for the average Joe, a Keto diet is healthier than their usual diet.

The Ketogenic diet works for several reasons:

- It does not stimulate as much Insulin as a typical diet

There are some studies where people were overfed over 5000 calories daily on a Ketogenic diet and couldn’t gain weight.

This is another example of why calories don’t matter, but the hormonal manipulation through the food matters greatly.

- It completely eliminates sugar (Even from vegetables).

Yes, vegetables can kick you out of Ketosis.

Some people have, however, had success with staying in Ketosis (you use “Ketone strips” to test blood ketone levels) even when consuming vegetables. This all depends on your genetics and insulin sensitivity.

However, the problem with the Ketogenic diet is that it ignores the sources of proteins and fats (and the quantity). You still need to weigh your portions and choose more efficient fat sources.

If you are eating over 150 grams of fats while doing Keto, you won’t lose body-fat.

2. CRSG

CRSG Fapstronaut

HIGH QUALITY FOODS I WILL RECOMMEND (*RAW=UNHEATED)

*RAW MILK// (CLABBERED) -------->>>>> "SEARCH GOOGLE FOR LOCAL *RAW MILK FARMS
    GRASS FED MEAT (ORGANIC CLEAN MEAT) FOUND AT FARMERS MARKETS
    WILD SEAFOOD & WILD FISH

ANCIENT WHEATS SPROUTED SOURDOUGH BREADS (khorasan wheat (Kamut), farro, einkorn, and emmer, TEFF. SORGHUM, SPELT

ORGANIC VEGETABLES ( I PERSONALLY PREFER MUSHROOMS)

CAVIAR (WILD)

ORGANIC STONE GROUND DARK CHOCOLATE

*RAW HONEY IS COOL, I PERSONALLY LIKE TO CONSUME RAW FERMENTED HONEY

*RAW FERMENTED/PICKLED/ AGED FOODS (SAUERKRAUT, KVASS, RAW MILK KEFIR, FERMENTED PEPPER HOT SAUCES, ORGANIC BALSAMIC/WINE VINEGAR'S, FISH SAUCE)

CLEAN "ORGANIC" FRUIT, CAN BE CONSUMED IF ONE HAS A CRAVING >>>> SEEK LOCAL FRUIT IN SOMEONE'S YARD, IT WILL BE THE CLEANEST. SOME FARMERS AT FARMERS MARKETS GROW CLEAN FRUIT AS WELL

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Robinthehood likes this.
  3. bonbonboi

bonbonboi Fapstronaut

That is the whole point of it, also you forgot to add vegetables, on Ketogenic diet you eat like 6 cups of veggie a day, so you got proteins, healthy fats and vegetables.

To me, I modified my diet based on my beliefs and knowledge, I don't care about ketones thing, anyway basically what a Ketogenic diet is just cleanup the junk food of someones life, dramatically his/her health will pop up.

Finally, Ketogenic diet in many ways connected somehow with intermediate fasting, and that is a big health bonus.

4. Kattedjiron

Kattedjiron New Fapstronaut

The ketogenic diet is effective. But despite this, it has many side effects in the form of constipation, nausea, vomiting and kidney stones. It is possible to switch to a ketogenic diet strictly with a doctor's permission, and it is necessary to be constantly under his supervision, to measure ketones and glucose levels in the blood and to adjust the diet. Abrupt cancellation of the ketogenic diet is fraught with new weight gain, so you should gradually expand the list of products, building a balanced and correct diet. You can find more useful information at https://eatpropergood.com/blogs/a-proper-good-blog/can-you-have-a-cheat-day-on-keto.

5. modernstore99

modernstore99 Fapstronaut

I think the keto diet is very misunderstood.

It's not a cure all that will make you super muscly and lose fat. It's a really unique and helpful tool that helps people with modern, unhealthy lifestyles get back into good health.

People in developed countries eat an incredible amounts of incredibly carbohydrate dense foods; in America, this is compounded by lots of sugar in food.

When your body digests carbs, they are converted into high amounts of glucose in your blood. Sugar is also converted into glucose, and takes much less effort since simple sugar and glucose are basically the same.

Whenever there is glucose in your blood that is being unused, your body converts it into fat. This amazing biological process is what makes people in developed countries very obese. High carb and sugar diets keeps glucose levels high, converting any extra into fat. Over time, if you constantly have high levels of glucose from carbs and sugar, your body becomes very good at converting glucose===>fat, and less effective at converting fat===>glucose for energy burning. Your body becomes unable to burn off the fat you have.

This is where keto comes in. Eating lots of protein (which has a very low glucose conversion rate) and fats forces your body to adjust to its normal fat burning processes. Keto doesn't solve all your problems, but it reteaches your body to be able to burn fat because it hasn't for so long.