Things I hear often

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Tigerdude, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Tigerdude

Tigerdude Fapstronaut

Again, I've never dated before, and I really want a girlfriend. Even then, there are things people keep telling me that I want to get off my chest.

1. "You'll meet someone eventually.": Here's the thing with this. We don't know when our time is and people pass away every day. Even younger people before they even get to be engaged. And this is a big reason I want to find someone, to experience that love while I still have the good stuff. And then you have those who get older without dating, and then realize that it won't happen for them and give up.

So no, not everyone gets to experience the happiness of dating and marriage. And when you've never dated before, and you come to this realization, and especially when you're overhearing love songs, the feeling is horrible. You ache inside, and you probably can't help but tear up. This happened to me.

2. "You'll find it when you least expect it.": I don't get the logic here. Because if you want something or someone, your chances of finding what you're looking for are higher when you actually look for it.

HealingBodyandMind likes this.
  2. Yin&Yang-Yūki

Yin&Yang-Yūki Fapstronaut

https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/something-i-want-to-tell-you-all-motivation.198350/

(You attract what you are.)

3. onestuthree

onestuthree Fapstronaut

Hey, Tigerdude. I'm not going to try to convince you to change your mind because on the whole, you're right. Life is hard, and it's a sad truth that not everyone gets to experience everything. From your post it's clear that you're taking it hard and I'm really sorry to hear that. But you have one life and you are in control of how you feel about it. Where you can't control whether you end up in a relationship, you can control how that affects you.

These frustrations are very much like PMO, if you keep indulging in the negative feelings they'll take control of your life. So you can spend your life wallowing in the emotional pain of it all, or you can realise you're alive and free. Your senses are strong, and the world is rich with stimuli. You may not find love, but if you look for it you will definitely find life.
    And that's where the strength in number 2 comes from, for me. Not that you might find love at the end, but that you'll come to love your life when you're not wasting it wondering why you're still alone.

(PS. please don't take this message as an assumption that you don't have a life. I'm sure there's a lot in your life that fulfills you greatly, but sometimes it helps to be reminded of it)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
    SirQwerty likes this.