1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Unsure what type of woman is right for me.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Deleted Account, Jun 7, 2021.

1. The more I do NoFap and Semen retention, I realize my taste in women diversifies. Ideally the one woman I want in my life would have these traits; Christian (Ideally Catholic), feminine, desire to start a family, sense of humor is a must, not too hung up on politics, has her own hobbies, reads, and enjoys music. The problem is I'm not sure what type of woman is right for me. I find BBWs and SSBBWs to be very attractive and was dead set on settling for one but now I'm desiring other types of women as well. Such as the following; Emo, Goth, Country, Steampunk cosplayers, among other types of women. But I'm not sure if they are right for me. I would like some advice of what to do.

2. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

I think you need to talk to mature men about women, you are living in the clouds and full of fantasies and out of reality. When you start meeting women life is going to hit you hard if you keep thinking like this.

3. lovespanner

lovespanner Fapstronaut

The best thing to do in my opinion is to go onto a dating site, find someone you lie the profile of, and start chatting.
    Traits are one thing, personality is another. You may find someone who doesn't have quite all the traits you lie but has a personality that clicks with oyurs.

4. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

the only way to know is to go out and date woman. Hang with them, have fun and see were it goes. Your guts are going to tell you if she is a woman you want to keep hanging or is a woman you are better off her.
    You are not going to know until you experience dating woman.

5. Nobody can give you accurate advice unless they know about you. So what is it about you that you find these "types" of women attractive? Are you aware of what that is or is it just like that experience where you look at the image a while and go "nice" and not much else?

In other words, do you know about yourself in the first place, so you can tell other people about that?

This is the elephant in the room I think, you look at both here and the NoFap subreddit it is very common to have a post asking for advice but sometimes it's like literally one sentence, and on Reddit there isn't even a profile so ... how could anyone answer that? Your post is a little more specific but it's more like a multiple choice. (not to mention you can have a BBW emo, BBW goths etc. - the two types of categorization are not even mutually exclusive)

So my general thought not just for you but everyone asking a question like this is how can you or anyone know if they don't know about you? (and if they know about themselves, tell people a bit??) That's not even taking into consideration that people do change over time.

6. Well to me BBW Goths and Emos aren't as attractive to me as regular BBWs.

7. Do you know where I can find mature men who are interested in talking about women? Most mature men in my family are married, but they don't talk to me about women.

8. This is a mature answer and I'm answering you because as christians/catholics we (should) share the same goals.

Choosing a woman to seriously date or to marry is not like choosing the toppings for your ice cream, nor like choosing the video you are going to M with.
    Trust me when i say that P twists perceptions of how things should be, specially in sex and relationships. You are so used to pick between blond or brunette, or between goth or country, that you forget that they are persons too.
    I suppose you are still young, so let me tell you: it's ok, we've all passed through that.

When choosing a woman to with you expect to spend the rest of your life with, you don't focus on whether if she prefers burger or pizza, or red or blue, because that are not traits that define her.
    You are not getting married to a woman who dislikes tomatoes, you are getting married to Sandra, Paola or Linda, who is generous, caring, loving, hard-working, etc... and who dislikes tomatoes.
    Do you see the difference?

However, you do get married with a selfish or a lazy person. That characteristics will affect your relationship, and those are the things you should focus on.

Inside the vast concept "goth" there are plenty of different woman: some may be caring, some may be boring, some may be funny, some may be manipulative, some may be resentful...
    Choosing a lifetime partner by her looks would be like choosing a car by its color. A guaranteed failure.

So, what should you do?
    First, set your priorities. You said you were looking for a christian/catholic who desires to start a family. That's a good start. Without aligned life goals, a marriage is running towards failure. And starting a family is no joke. It requires mutual sacrifice.
    (When saying aligned life goals, i mean those who don't intefere between each other. You both may want to start a family, but individually you would like to be a great singer and she would to succeed in her bussiness. It's ok, it doesn't interfere with each other.)

Focus on realistic "must have" characteristics: if she has your same values, if your goals are aligned, if she has a sense of humor, willing to sacrifice for the family... State the essentials and realistic characteristics your wife must have.
    There are other characteristics that you may wish, but are not really essentials
    . State them too. In my case, i would love is she had a great voice, but it is not a prioritie. I could live without that. However, i like music, i like to play instruments and i like to sing, so i couldn't get married whith someone who couldn't stand that. You don't have to share your all your tastes, but for the lest, you should not disapprove them (as long as it is not a physical or spiritual unhealthy one, of course).

Second thing, and the most important one. Focus on becoming who you would like to marry to. It is often forget because people tend to think what they expect from the other, but don't forget to cultivate yourself as much as you want you wife to do.
    There is a simple way to know if you are going the right way. Ask yourself: Would i like my daughter to marry someone like me? As a father, you would want the best for your children.
    Become the man you would like your wife to marry to.

Third thing. Focus on knowing the person. First befriend them, get to know them, and then judge whether if you would like to date with. Try to meet people who you share values and goals with. Again, don't focus on whether they are country or goth. Those doesn't define the person. And if they did, i personally wouldn't like to marry them. I want to marry a woman, a person, an exceptional individual, not a generic urban gang.

And to finish: be patient. Everything will come in time. Focus on cultivating yourself, and let god do his will.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2021
    Vanquisher12 likes this.
  9. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Just ask them I'm sure they will have no problem to speak about it

10. My main point is knowing about yourself though, which is different from knowing preferences of what you find attractive. Focusing on preferences is like a consumer perspective, there will be businesses like dating sites that will be more than happy to sell you something as the middle man, or even something one Onlyfans which seems to be a big thing with young people. It doesn't matter that you may not use those, the point is we may be used to thinking about it that way which is superficial.

So again, my question would be what are you like? You need to both know that and know how to express and communicate it meaningfully in order for people to give you specific advice.

Dioplleo_547 likes this.
  11. What do you mean what am I like is this a rhetorical question or an actual one?

12. Not rhetorical, an actual one. Of course that is a big question you're not going to completely answer in a single post, but since you're asking about what kind of woman is right for you, and it sounds like you're interested in something long term it makes sense to ask it because it's about the right match for you - as a person. It's just a 1 to 1 - what kind of woman is right for what kind of man? And at some point we get even more specific, not just a "kind" but who you are as an individual. Say you like the goth scene, and both you and a potential love interest are in that scene but why her for you, and why you for her? It's just covering both sides of it.

13. Perhaps I was just lusting again I really need to stop this. I'm not a goth or an emo so it's not really worth it for me to be with goths or emos when I'm not one myself. Anyway is there anyway I can stop lusting over these types of women? I'm now primarily interested in BBWs and SSBBWs again.

14. For me the one way I can stop lusting or at least dial it down by 90% or so is to see through it, understand why I have that inclination. I think a person has to realize that for himself, so even if a friend sees that about you and can describe why, and you can say yes you're right I agree - that may not be enough. There's recognition in that case but a realization would be when you really get the psychological insight about yourself.

15. LetsBeLovely87

LetsBeLovely87 Fapstronaut

The type with a great, good and big heart.