1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What book are you reading?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Dec 27, 2019.

1. That is insane i buy like 3 for week but depends...I think i accumulate them for when i am interested to a particular time and i focus on it.

2. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I'm actually trying to reduce the amount of books I read in a year, cause it got to the point I was reading 50+ books a year (and often not short books, full length novels) and it became an exercise in discipline and not as fun. Aiming for 30 ish this year instead.

Revanthegrey and En?gma like this.
  3. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

First time reading Dune? If so its really great. Hope you enjoy it. Its one of fav's. I remember the first time I came across that book. I went to a random goodwill with my mom nearly 16 years ago. I decided to pick out a random book by someone I never heard of. Picked up Dune, never heard of the Author and next thing I know I'm reading one of the greatest books I have ever read. Good times.

Revanthegrey, En?gma and Atticus like this.
  4. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

george bush was reportedly reading about 100+ book a year during his presidency.

En?gma likes this.
  5. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

Last book I read was Gaunt's Ghost by Dan Abnett

Currently I'm listening to The Dark Tower series. On The Wastelands. Been many many many years since I've read it. The first few are absolute classics. Decided to try an audio book due to the tremendous lack of free time I have right now.

6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Senior or Junior?

En?gma likes this.
  7. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

junior.

En?gma likes this.
  8. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

only good thing i got from that bloated series is Caedus, everything else could easily have been summarized.

En?gma likes this.
  9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Based.

[​IMG]

En?gma and Melkhiresa like this.
  10. Theodore Roosvelt habit was to read a book everyday.

Melkhiresa likes this.
  11. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

To be fair, that guy was a freak of nature.

FirefromAbove likes this.
  12. 935725_162754417232980_1665915562_n.jpg
    419761_162751263899962_263560368_n.jpg

13. GhostRider@11

GhostRider@11 Fapstronaut

Last book that I read was 'Heidi'.
    I am currently reading 'The beginning after the end'.
    I will read 'Mushoku tensei jobless reincarnation' next.

14. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Fapstronaut

I believe you're talking about the Legacy of the Force series where Jacen Solo turns into Darth Caedus. New Jedi Order is with the yuhzahn Vong (an extragalactic threat that don't appear in the force) that takes place before Jacen's fall

En?gma likes this.
  15. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

yes i kind of put the whole thing together, there is no really any point in reading the NJO unless you are planning to read LOF, that is the reason i did it anyways, that and james luceno ill read anything he write.

En?gma likes this.
  16. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Fapstronaut

omg James Luceno is like one of my favorite authors. him along with Timothy Zahn

En?gma and Melkhiresa like this.
  17. Melkhiresa

Melkhiresa Fapstronaut

18. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

Brought more books....you'd think they were going out of style or something. Well, at least it's not all bad. I'll have lots to read when the madness picks up and I vanish from the normies world.

[​IMG]
    This one is really interesting. None of the concepts are new to me, though, they appear "Christianized" so the names and terms are different. I'll probably finish it this week.

Next up on the plate is....eh, I'll figure that out when I get there.

En?gma, gordie and FirefromAbove like this.
  19. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

Reading the Republic right now.

Reminds me of a lot of the things I've heard in phil 101, except the teacher isn't acting like its his own words.

The madman and the sword analogy hits different.

En?gma, gordie and Atticus like this.
  20. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

Not much of a book reader, but I currently have the audiobook for Stephen King's The Outsider

I loved Under The Dome as well as the TV show until it dragged on and on and was no longer related to the book. Was supposed to be 3 episodes or so, but turned into 3 seasons

En?gma and Revanthegrey like this.