1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is O?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Olly91, Jul 3, 2017.

Is it okay to O when I am with my girlfriend, when I see her once per month?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Olly91

Olly91 Fapstronaut

I have a long distance girlfriend. At the moment we see each other once every 3 or 4 weeks. This gives me a better opportunity than many with a girlfriend to complete a full PMO reboot.

BUT, I'm a bit confused about what O actually is? My goal is to kick PM. Do I really need to avoid sexual contact and by extension O when I am with her if I want to kick my addiction for good?

What do you categorise as O?

2. Personally, I don't see how completely avoiding actual sex could possibly benefit anything.

3. samnf1990

samnf1990 Fapstronaut

Unless sex is a potential trigger for a reset/relapse, I would think sex and O (orgasm) is perfectly acceptable. I suppose you would have to self-assess how entrenched your PM habit is and whether it will make it more difficult to kick the habit if you have sex. If the aim of all of this PM abstention is to have a healthy sex-life, why give up healthy sex?

theforestkid45897, GG2002 and Olly91 like this.
  4. Olly91

Olly91 Fapstronaut

@AnonymousAnnaXOXO what is your opinion on this? You seemed very educated in your response to @PurePTA predicaments. I am interested to know from a partner's point of view.

5. Queen_Of_Hearts_13

Queen_Of_Hearts_13 Fapstronaut

Hey @Olly91 so for my partner, he stopped PMOing, but the only time he O's is with sex with me. He doesn't masturbate. I think that orgasming, because it releases the bonding hormone, is fine when having sex with your gf because you are bonding to her. You're rewiring your brain to bond to a human rather than a screen. In my opinion that is a good thing. Also, it's a very nice feeling to know that your guy has waited in a sense, and when you are together you can connect during sex with pleasure (both emotional and physical) and if both of you orgasm than that is very nice. I know my partner doesn't O every time because sometimes he just wants to give me pleasure, and vice versa, but it's nice to know that we wait for each other because it builds anticipation sometimes, which can be very sexy and romantic in a way.

I know that for us at one point we got stuck in the mindset of orgasm is the goal of sex, but now when we have sex we just try to give each other pleasure and if we orgasm, cool, if we don't then we still bonded and enoyed sex together.

So orgasming, in my opinion, should be a good thing when having sex with your girlfriend because the bonding hormone that is released will make you feel closer to your gf, and her to you. I think it can bring you guys closer, as long as it's adding to the already emotional intimacy.

That's my thoughts on this.