1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your most emotional moment in videogames?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Haha someone said it eariler, but I share the same sentiment that Aerith's death in FF7 hit me hard. And now after playing the remake they're trying to invoke hope in me that she'll live in further installments, but I'm not getting my hopes up again!

ResettingLuke likes this.
  2. That feel when you will never play this mission for the first time ever again and experience the feeling of exhilaration as you drive a warthog through the exploding Pillar of Autumn

Taylor25 and recon117 like this.
  3. RestlessEngineer

RestlessEngineer Fapstronaut

Far cry 5 opening when Joseph Seed talks about the state of the world gives me goosebumps lol

4. Wave Surfer 2.0

Wave Surfer 2.0 New Fapstronaut

Vesemir's death in Witcher 3

Taylor25 likes this.
  5. ResettingLuke

ResettingLuke Fapstronaut

Claire's goodbye at the end of Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (And the whole ending really, bittersweet but beautiful :D )

6. I don't really play a lot of emotional games, but in this one Nancy Drew game, The Haunted Carousel, Nancy meets this woman named Joy who has been pretty depressed ever since her mother passed away when she was young. She doesn't have many memories of her anymore, either. It's part of Nancy Drew canon that Nancy's mom also died when she was young, so as a side plot to the main mystery of the game, Nancy helps Joy to remember her mother and find happiness again.

I'm really close to my mom, and since those games aren't usually very emotional like that, it took me by surprise and really tugged on my heartstrings. There are a couple other examples of stuff like that in Nancy Drew games, but that one really got me. It was almost a little difficult for me to play, because I really hate thinking about losing my family.

7. Coub

Coub Fapstronaut

Well, this thread is something really close to my heart!
    I love playing emotional games and watch emotional, dramatic movies. The most emotional game I played is definetly Before Your Eyes. This is an Indie game which use your camera and whenever you blink there's action taken! So you really really feel like you're in the game! Before your eyes is a story about growing up and a walkthrough of memories how they were remembered by the hero. A trully touching story, even writing about this is touching! The game is like 2h long, I recommend it to anyone who likes emotional games.

8. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

The ending of Horizon Zero Dawn by far.

9. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Battlefield 3 servers... Never have I raged quite like when all 3 choppers are hogged by some cheaters hovering over our base!

On the flipside, struggling through a game of rush or conquest that can go over 2 hours, knowing that working as a team helped make the win or at least bring a challenge to the other team - super satisfying!

10. Dead Island
    Finding Glitches in Dead Island with my buddy who I miss hanging out with. Had some pretty good laughs and found some graphic discoloration’s, easter eggs, and just having fun plowing into stuff with vehicle’s and the zombies. I cant recall any tear jerkers. I’m sorry I played to have a good time. :)

Played numerous Fighting,MMO, Racing, RPG’s, and adventure.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2022
  11. Bryce97

Bryce97 New Fapstronaut

anytime i listen to the song dire, dire, docks from Mario 64. Beautiful nostalgic song

Re-Life2010 likes this.
  12. I believe it's probably one of the tunes in Mario64 that keeps on going around your ears threw out the game. Allot of people re made it on youtube and it's pretty amazing.

Bryce97 likes this.
  13. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

GTA 2 - completing story mode. I have never felt so elated beating a game I never thought I could beat

GTA 5 story mode - slaughterhouse rescue mission. The screams were just so haunting to me.

There was also some futuristic racing game from the 90s, can't remember the name. But there was a crash scene in the intro where the driver died in an exploding car in front of the eyes of his son

14. onix

onix Fapstronaut

Dom's wife in gears of War 2

Arthur in red dead 2

Mordin and grunt in mass effect 3

Joel's daughter in the last of us

Lee in telltales walking dead

The choice you make in life is strange

Taylor25 and SquidCook like this.
  15. ArtPoet21

ArtPoet21 Fapstronaut

When my brother and I would play RPGS ( especially FF7).....

whenever we finished a mission or storyline, we would take some time to experience. So during those moments of leveling up knowing you were prepared to go do that next mission or whatever, always pumped me up.

Also a few notable moments - Weekend fun with friends with Goldeneye 007 on N64 , FF8 Ending, Playing XenoGears...just a few I can think of right now.

16. Compass

Compass Fapstronaut

There's only one game that made me emotional..........ever.

The last ride of Red Dead Redemption 2.
    I damn near cried.