1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of food to stay away from?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by ZAk1, Jun 14, 2023.

1. ZAk1

ZAk1 Fapstronaut

I want to stay away from food which is clearly bad for us, like fast food, sugary foods like doghnuts cakes etc..
    What types of carbs should I avoid and which should I eat?
    What types of carbs and sugars should I completely avoid?
    What kinds of vegetables are good?

27_CHRIS_REDFIELD_27 likes this.
  2. TransparencyQuest

TransparencyQuest Fapstronaut

The way I’ve found success is forget about what you shouldn’t eat; just make a list of healthy foods and only eat what is on that list. Doing something is a lot easier than not doing something.

avoiding carbs with added sugars is good place to start

here is my list:
    Eggs
    High quality meats
    Any vegetable
    Any fruit
    Dark chocolate in moderation
    Lots of avocados they are a superfood and will fill you up
    Nuts

JLD, ZenYogi and ZAk1 like this.
  3. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

I try to follow the food pyramid. It's kinda dated but it works.

4. A good solution is to eat whatever you want (candy, crisps, ice cream, cake...), But only within a couple hours AFTER a big, healthy meal. (A healthy meal contains vegetables, and its best to eat the vegetables before the rest of the food, if you want optimal sense of fullness). You won't even want to eat much of the bad stuff.

5. I managed to eat extremely healthy consistently for over a year with little effort; I will share what I learned.

1. Be mindful of labels - If the food you are consuming contain more than 5-10 ingredients, stay away from it. Try eating unprocessed foods as much as possible.

2. cook for yourself - Every morning I would drink a vegetable/fruit smoothie and follow it up with a pot of green tea (this gives you a high BTW). While I drank my tea and meditated I would have my chicken and rice cooking, I would eat it afterwords. For Dinner I would cook salmon and spinach eggs and I would snack throughout the day on organic bananas or healthy treats.

3. Find something for the cravings - I used to be obsessed with milk and whenever I had junk food/sugar cravings I would drink a lot of it and snack on something healthy. Find something cheap, tasty, and healthy to manage your cravings.

4. Get into the mindset - I found that you enter into this almost snobby mindset when you become healthy, you stop craving junk food and become addicted to health food. Get into the mindset and do not let anyone steer you away from it.

If you would like to know any of my recipes just ask.

500, JLD, ZenYogi and 1 other person like this.
  6. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

I’m about a No SFRW mentality whenever I’m at home. No sweets fried red meat or white carbs. I’ll indulge a little when I eat out with people on occasions. Though I normally aim for the chicken or salmon salad with minimal dressing when I eat out with others.

My focus is like on brown rice whole wheat bread and tortilla all no sugar or little sugar as possible. A little dark chocolate is ok with me like 1-2 squares a day = 3g sugar. It’s highest in antioxidants which is linked to longevity and good health plus it’s tasty!

Also I aim for lots of water and 1-2% fat milk. My healthy snacks are the 0 sugar barebells protein bars. So good!!!

Fruits veggies are always on the menu

I meal prep like four days of meals:

Chicken egg and cheese breakfast burritos whole wheat tortilla

whole wheat Turkey sandwich and peanut butter and berry sandwiches

and a huge tub of brown rice eggs vegetables and ground turkey or chicken. About four lbs or so.

It totals about twelve meals

So then I just eat a light breakfast of peanut butter and yogurt on Thursday with no breakfast Friday too fast. Then I’ll just make more sandwiches on Friday and I’m fine.

yep . I basically only cook twice a week and that makes all my food. :)

and it’s all healthy.

the old me would run out of food and order pizza! Then lament the loss of lean gains. But no more! Healthy tasty food prep for the win. You can always freeze some if you make too much

Ciao~

ps I know it’s a bit strict but it’s more flexible than most nutrition advice. If I’m feeling crazy I’ll just eat a peanut butter and fruit sandwich with some milk usually calms me down since it’s so comforting ^_^ and sugar free! Plus berries are a high source of antioxidants

500 likes this.
  7. JLD

JLD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Unprocessed food, raw food, veggies, chicken, eggs, meat. Vitamins and supplements.
    As less carbs as possible.

ZenYogi likes this.
  8. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

Eat fresh food. The more processed, the worse it is. Fresh veggies, fruit. No sugar that doesn’t already come in the food naturally. This means no alcohol. Try organic meats. Plenty of fish.

ZenYogi likes this.
  9. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Can someone answer whether multivitamin and fish oil are important to take daily or it’s more natural not to?

JLD likes this.
  10. JLD

JLD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Multivitamins vs. Individual Vitamins: Which Is Better? - Dr. Michael Ruscio, DC (drruscio.com)

Personally, I'm taking individual vitamins, that give me more benifits, even though it's fuck*ng more exspensive. But multivitamins are not bad at all ;)

I take ABCDE vitamins, Ashwaganda, Asthanxetin, Luthein, Matcha, Magneisum, Potassium, Rhodiola, Selenium, St john's wort and Zinc.

As for fish oils, try a formula with the greatest EPA-DHA rate.

11. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

I would like to echo meal prepping. So long as you eat it within a week or two, or even a month or more, frozen and reheated food is fine - barely any different nutritionally than freshly made, and saves so much time and effort. Spend an afternoon planning and preparing your food (not forgetting healthy snacks!), buy only what you need and prepare it ready. Then when you wake up groggy or roll in from work hungry and exhausted, you dont need to think - whats ok the menu, heat it up and eat. Literally less effort than getting take out.

12. Avoid pure sugar as in junk food, packaged goods. ---> pastries, cookies, chocolate bars.
    Avoid hidden sugar in "health foods". ----> avoid low-fat because they add a TON of sugar which is worse than fat.
    Eat cruciferous vegetables ---> broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, radish etc.
    When you eat sugar, try to eat small portions.
    Eat carbohydrates that don't spike your blood sugars too fast such as whole grains, whole wheat pasta.
    Eat high quality protein such as meat (not processed), fish, eggs, some cheese, milk.
    Eat some nuts ---> walnuts are the best
    Don't eat too many fruits as they contain a lot of sugar.
    Avoid processed vegetable oils like soy oil, canola oil, safflower oil --> these oils are insanely inflammatory because they are too rich in omega 6 fatty acids.
    Drink some green tea --> excellent for your health.

You should be good afterwards.

13. Eritede

Eritede Fapstronaut

In my experience, it's wise to steer clear of processed foods, sugary drinks, and excessive red meat. Opt for whole, nutrient-rich foods like fruits, veggies, and lean proteins.

DonaldShow likes this.