1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Zinc deficiency,and why nofap may be the key to improving overall health

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by DrBrain, Mar 28, 2023.

1. DrBrain

DrBrain Fapstronaut

Has probably been talked about thousands of times here im here to do a calculation and share my experience from a few streaks

The average ejaculation is 3.5 grams of sperm,it is stated in many sources that Zinc is 3% of the whole thing,so lots of people think,well i guess we fine then we only lose minimal amounts of it and it can be replenished with small meal (total bs,as most people nowdays have terrible nutrition diet,consisting mostly of empty carbs,sugars etc.)

To aquire Zinc trough diet you need to eat Red Meat , Fish or Sea (those are the 2 most dense in Zinc foods,and also most BIOAVAILABLE) however , 100 grams of Red Meat will give you 4,5 MG of Zinc , A hard boiled egg will give you only 0.6 MG of Zinc

Now how much Zinc do you lose when you ejaculate ? ? ?

As the average ejaculation is 3.5 grams , which is 3500 miligrams , and you lose 3% everytime you jack off, turns out you lose 105 miligrams everytime you beat your meat , suddenly it doesent seem like such minuscule amount,does it

For referance most supplements you can buy that have Zinc in them,will give you 25 miligrams per dose , so once you beat your meat you destroy 4 pills of zinc supplementation , or 2 kilograms of Red Meat , there is also the factor that the zinc you just threw in the toilet or in the sock,is already absorbed in the body and the body is using it,while not all the zinc is absorbed trough food or supplementation,for example Zinc from animal products is more easily absorbed than supplementation,but its still not 100%

Zinc is one of the 4th most important mineral to the body right after Iron - Calcium and Magnesium

In the long term Zinc deficiency will DESTROY your health and MIND

You will be weak physically and mentaly,Zinc is essential for stomach acid,without adequate stomach acid,your health will plumet downwards,Zinc is also very important for all kinds of hormones like dopamine,serotonin,testosterone,and many more which are essential to anyone who wants to be a real man in this world

No supplement or food will ever help you if you dont have adequate stomach acid and Zinc

NOT TO mention you lose plenty of other nutrients as well,that are very very important,even in smaller doses

Thanks for your time,feel free to ask me anything,and i hope you kick the habbit and have nice day and lives!

JS44471 and Adnilgo like this.
  2. DrBrain

DrBrain Fapstronaut

I wanna state that i may have been wrong because looking at this right now it says 3% out of 2k kcal diet and not 3% per ejaculation,so sorry about that,i was just too absorbed in trying to justify not jacking off in my own mind,as everytime i make a good streak every aspect of my health and mind improve tremendously

(I was taking info from this https://www.phillymag.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2013/08/semen-nutritional-content.png),but then again,there doesent seem to have a accurate description of semen nutrient value anywhere

Apologise again for misleading yall,but im gonna leave the post to hang as i think there still may be some info thats beneficial to some people,take everything stated up with grain of salt

3. starsandsuns

starsandsuns Fapstronaut

You can also get a lot of zinc from eating oysters (there are canned oysters as well which are usually around the canned tuna/sardines section in grocery stores). One can is very high in zinc, like several times the daily recommended daily intake. So even eating one can of oysters a week can help you restore levels.

The only thing to watch out for zinc is that you don't accidentally give yourself an iron or copper deficiency. I don't think that is really a risk if you are trying to get the zinc from foods, because the zinc is accompanied with other minerals and there is something about it being part of the food that helps. For example, the oysters also contain copper as well as zinc, to help balance the minerals.

But if you are using zinc supplements chronically (for example zinc gluconate), it is something to be aware of.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
  4. The worst is over

The worst is over Fapstronaut

Completely false.

5. The worst is over

The worst is over Fapstronaut

That's hogwash. Go type in your daily diet into cronometer and see how much copper you get. Copper is not in short supply, zinc is. Nobody is walking around copper deficient, while almost everyone is walking around zinc deficient. Part of the reason for that is because zinc is depleted in our soils due to the use of copper based pesticides. Everyone should be supplementing zinc. No amount of bullshit oysters or red meat like the OP suggested will give you enough zinc. Don't know who told him such poppycock about meat and animal products being high in zinc or the most bioavailable.

6. starsandsuns

starsandsuns Fapstronaut

I'm not sure why you are having such a reaction to this post.

It is a fact that canned oysters are high in zinc.

Here is one example: https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/finfish-and-shellfish-products/4192/2
    1 cup is 147mg of zinc or 982% the RDI

Here is another example: https://www.nutritionvalue.org/Oysters,_canned_26315180_nutritional_value.html
    1 cup or 162g of canned oysters is 160mg of zinc or 1456% of the RDI

Maybe some people would like to eat more than that on a daily basis, but it is quite clear that oysters contain plenty of zinc.

As well as being highly nutritious, oysters are a low-calorie, low-cholesterol source of protein and an exceptional source of zinc, which strengthens the immune system; and a rich source of bioactive compounds, which comprise various biological activities.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35733526/

Secondly, it is a well recognized fact that chronic supplementation of zinc can potentially lead to a copper deficiency.

Peer-reviewed study:
    The potential risk of copper deficiency developing in patients prescribed high doses of zinc is apparently infrequently considered. It is probable that a significant minority of patients prescribed with high doses of zinc develop iatrogenic copper deficiency.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26085547/

Another study, a woman gave herself a copper deficiency from chronic high intake of oysters:
    By lifestyle history taking, we noticed her extreme unbalanced diet of having 15-20 oysters everyday over 5 years. Then we considered that zinc excess caused copper deficiency myelopathy.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27645757/

Another study:
    Zinc-induced copper deficiency
    Copper deficiency was found in an adult patient who had received excessive daily oral zinc for 10 mo. The deficiency was characterized by hypochromic-microcytic anemia, leukopenia, and neutropenia. Although initially thought to be caused by iron deficiency, the anemia did not respond to oral or intravenous iron. Cessation of zinc tablets and ingestion of an oral copper preparation daily for 2 mo failed to correct the anemia or leukopenia. These data suggest that the elimination of excess zinc is slow and that, until such elimination occurs, the intestinal absorption of copper is blocked.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3335323/

Linus Pauling Institute:
    High supplemental zinc intakes of 50 mg/day or more for extended periods of time may result in copper deficiency. High dietary zinc intakes increase the synthesis of an intestinal cell protein called metallothionein, which binds certain metals and prevents their absorption by trapping them in intestinal cells. Metallothionein has a stronger affinity for copper than zinc, so high levels of metallothionein induced by excess zinc cause a decrease in copper absorption.
    https://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/minerals/copper

Could you please apologize for calling my post "hogwash"?

If you dispute my points, could you please cite your evidence from the literature?

Adnilgo likes this.