1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Zinc supplements?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by gunslinger215, Feb 3, 2018.

1. gunslinger215

gunslinger215 Fapstronaut

Is it a good idea to take zinc and vitamin supplements to replace the vital nutrients my body lost due to excessive masturbation?

2. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

Sure, of course you don't know which ones you lost and how much unless you do a blood test or something. Just don't crazy and overdo it, it may even be the one thing that puts you over the edge to relapse if you have other things out of balance or if you just take way too much. With supplements it's about consistency if anything.

gunslinger215 likes this.
  3. gunslinger215

gunslinger215 Fapstronaut

Yeah you are right, they should only be taken moderately. A blood test also sounds like a good idea

4. Exponential Power

Exponential Power Fapstronaut

It is possible to overdose on vitamins and minerals using supplements. If you take multiple supplements check labels to find duplicate ingredients. A Google search will give you a safe maximum dose for each vitamin or mineral. If you think you are deficient talk to your doctor and get a blood test. BTW Vitamin D is working wonders for me.

5. Poemandres

Poemandres Fapstronaut

I think that Zinc helps recover from relapse faster, the quick recovery made my energy and therefore my will stronger, making me able to stop this madness.

6. Yeah, I recommend it. I take about 30mgs everyday. It's made the benefits from abstaining come faster, ( such as increased attraction to women ) BUT it also makes me get triggered more easily. If you have a lot of strategies for dealing with urges, then go for it.

Only one pill a day, of course.

7. apprentice

apprentice Fapstronaut

Zinc is abundant in red meat, nuts, beans, etc. Unless you're a vegetarian or vegan you're probably not zinc deficient.

My advice would be to concentrate on a good nutritious diet and keep supplements to a minimum.

They're often a waste of money and at worst can do a lot more harm than good such as blocking the absorption of other vital vitamins & minerals and cause a deficiency.

kingpietro likes this.