1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Tao Jones

This was hugely encouraging to me today: https://www.lifestream.org/finding-a-refuge-in-love/

"I do not [serve] to fill up something lacking inside my psyche, to be nice, or to respond to the popular saying “WWJD.” I give and serve so I am not consumed by the hatred I see swirling around me and risk becoming what I see in others.

"We are in a dark time and hatred runs rampant. The image of God placed inside me will be destroyed if I give in to the darkness. Over the years, many have hated me, many times people have tried to derail my career and, at times, my life. To save my own soul I cannot give in to the hatred, to the evil.

"Serving and giving is the way for me to life. Jesus said we are to love our enemies, not for a misplaced sense of revenge or to prove our own moral superiority, but so that we are not consumed by the same spirit that possesses them. For that I need His miraculous help. Then, I am able to say with Tiny Tim in Charles Dicken’s The Christmas Carol, “…may God bless us everyone.”

"Love wins my friends. Every time. Especially in me."
Kemar935 more_vert
Kemar935
What does WWJD mean anyway?
Myfortress more_vert
Myfortress
It was coined by a minister and became a movement. It stands for what would Jesus do. People wore bracelets and were challenging themselves to respond like Jesus.
Kemar935 likes this.
Roady more_vert
Roady
IT's a blessing if you receive this kind of wisdom. Years ago I was challenged after a dismissal (I worked for the church). The Holy Spirit convinced me that I had a choice: To take offense or not. I decided to walk the second mile and offered myself as a volunteer for some same tasks I did. Exactly THAT cured me from all kind of hatred and resentment-like things. Nowadays I earn my money by doing that same tasks as people are honoring me the work and the money!
Tao Jones and Myfortress like this.
Myfortress more_vert
Myfortress
That is a powerful testimony. Thank you for sharing that.
Roady more_vert
Roady
And there is more. I always complained about being a job-hopper, couldn't find my place and because of PMO I went from one to another job. Nowadays my last 3 employers hire me frequently. I'm asked to make contact with a (big) company to start working for them, but until now, I hold off because I don't want to be too busy :) Yes, doors are opened sometimes :)
Roady more_vert
Roady
(BTW I'm now running my own business)