1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Dreyshady

Hello Guys,

I can't say Good morning/afternoon as I don't know what time it'll be on your ends.
I just wanted to share and still ask that you all pray for me, it's so clear that the journey to being free from all forms of sexual immorality is a tough road! But God is Faithful!

I woke up this morning; I didn't PM, I didn’t fornicate or anything but I woke up to a dream I was having about Fornicating! I haven’t studied much to understand how dreams and perceptions work, but I am sure it stems from the loads of thoughts that went through my head yesterday before going to bed!

I know I am still warring with PMO and stopping it for good, but I am also warring with lustful thoughts brothers and also just images and thoughts of the things I have done in the past. I just thought To share, I would appreciate any admonition from Gods Word. I know this page is mainly for PMO but I have just decided to not keep any of these things to myself!
007malone likes this.
ankith more_vert
ankith
yeah dreams are really tricky, I generally have lot of urges on that day when I get such lustful dream previous night. So I suggest you to just say to yourself, you won't dream lustfully and won't have wet dreams. It's kinda like self assertion which works really well.
Dreyshady likes this.
Dreyshady more_vert
Dreyshady
Thanks ankith, I dreamt lustfully but there was no ejaculation. As I woke up on time, I guess that’s why!
Vir more_vert
Vir
I think sometimes our dreams are our brains processing stuff. Sometimes I think that nasty dreams can be part of "puking up" stuff we are moving away from. Not sure if this is true in your case. Generally, while dreams can be very compelling and can let me know what is going on in some part of my subconscious, I try to focus on what is real: the growth and journey I need to take with God in the day. Also, I'd encourage you to take every lustful thought and image to God as it happens. Bring God into each of those moments.
Dreyshady likes this.
Foxipilgrim more_vert
Foxipilgrim
It can be disturbing how those images and memories linger. Praying for your success on this journey man!
Dreyshady and 007malone like this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
Romans 12:2. If you want to be transformed, renew your mind. How? Whatever we give our attention to is what grows stronger within us. Be mindful in what you choose to focus on.
Dreyshady and 007malone like this.