1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Fighting the good fight

Psalms 37:5-6
Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your justice as the noonday.

Commit your way unto the Lord.
To better understand what the Lord tells us by the wisdom he has given King Solomon. And to understand how to apply it to our lives today, we need to understand a few key words.

The word ‘commit’ has three main meanings in Hebrew.
1. Remove
2. Seek occasion
3. Trust

The word "your" refers to you personally. You have a personal responsibility to do something, and nobody else can do it for you. Even the Lord is not going to choose for you. The choice is yours.

The word ‘way’ means path, habits, or course of life

The word ‘unto’ means ‘to replace’

So let's now reconstruct this verse: In order to grow further in the Lord, we need to make a choice, and be willing to suppress and remove our desires. Remove our evil habits, and remove the path [course] we want to take in life. We must then replace our desires [ways], and our bad habits, with good habits and better desires that the Lord wishes for our lives.

*Proverbs 16:3 Commit your works to the LORD, And your thoughts will be established.

*1 Peter 5:7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

It is not always easy to relent your thoughts and desires to the Lord. It takes a sacrifice and it takes trust. This is we the verse ends by saying, “Trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass”

Trusting requires faith and assurance. The word "also" is an additional term. This means adding something. We are adding to our commitment ‘trust’. We say, "I commit myself to you Lord, and add to my commitment "confidence" and ‘trust’ in You. We cannot entrust our desires to God unless we trust and believe that He has your best interests at hand. You will not voluntarily follow anyone you don't trust.

We must trust the Jesus can change our bad habits, and our destructive course in life. We have to trust that he has our best interests in hand. If you trust the Lord, He will prove to you that your trust in Him was worth it. You shall be victorious both on earth and in heaven.

So will you commit your course in life to the Lord each day He wakes you up, or will you say you know what’s best for your life each day?
kylewantstowin more_vert
kylewantstowin
Brother, I really needed this today. you did an excellent job explaining something that I've needed help with for a very long time. It is us who need to do the trusting and that trusting includes sacrifice God bless you.