1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by feuerdrache

Don'tLookBack more_vert
Don'tLookBack
Something cool I heard before. The Israelites sacrificed lambs to God in ancient days. Today, we sacrifice our hearts. Our inner selves. Giving it over to let God sculpt us into something more glorious than we can even imagine! Great article :)
XandeXIV more_vert
XandeXIV
Wonderful article. It describes well the motivation behind my current streak of roughly 60 days. My 'best' streak in terms of numbers is around 120, but I consider the current to truly be my best. Why? Because my heart is in it. For the 120-day streak, the problem was that deep down I wanted to give in. For the current 60 days I (mostly) haven't.
CPilot more_vert
CPilot
Recently, I noticed my desire for purity/determination to avoid temptation was waning and it really concerned me. I also noticed that due to various interruptions and some illness my regular periods of prayer and contemplation had also greatly reduced. Yesterday morning, I was able to address the latter with a beautiful hour spent in blessed adoration. Immediately, my ardor to do the Lord's will returned. The correlation is so blatantly clear. Certainly, in my case, a vow to avoid temptation is far too weak to be effective without inspirational grace realized through prayer from the heart.