1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Me&Is

I've been feeling really good, 16 days without it after a long period of loss and sadness, but there is something that has been bothering me for a little while, I can barely feel emotions, anger, sadness, hapinness, even excitment (in the good way), is it like a stage where your emotions are just supressed? I would like to know what is going on. It will be really helpful
Samuru1 more_vert
Samuru1
You might be experiencing a flatline. It's when people sort of feel deadened to everything when they get on a long streak. The fact that your feeling this way could actually be a good thing because it could be a sign that your brain is starting to recover.
CPilot more_vert
CPilot
I think you should count this time as a good sign in your rehab process. Keep praying for a clean heart for there will be a time in the near future when you will be tempted again and you may be flooded with emotions. When that time comes, ask Christ, with all of your heart, to fight the temptations for you. Keep up the good work, you are getting stronger.
Keli, XandeXIV and Ready to Stop like this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
Our brains become accustomed to an overly excited state while under the thrall of P. As we break free of it and return to more normal dopamine levels, the world can seem pale and dim and even our own feelings and thoughts can seem flat. It is all part of the brain's rewiring process. I would take it as a good sign indeed.
CPilot, Keli, XandeXIV and 1 other person like this.
Myfortress more_vert
Myfortress
Power through it and let your brain recover. It’s much better on the other side.
Ready to Stop and CPilot like this.