1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

100 Days Without P or M - The Ultra Marathon (Started on May 15, 2020)

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Jefe Rojo, May 7, 2020.

1. I wanted to share a few video clips of a movie that I like called “Castaway”. The main character finds himself on a deserted island and tries to escape the island on a damaged rubber raft in this scene:

Sometimes my NoFap journey feels similar. It feels like my efforts are in vain and those monster waves pummel me until my raft gets destroyed and I get slammed against the rocks. I learn those hard lessons over and over again. But the key word is “learn”. If we are learning what doesn’t work, we get wiser and we eventually find what does work:

We finally escape those crashing waves and leave the island. But only after we learn what works and we implement those strategies. Sometimes we end up doing unconventional things but they help us. The main character talks to a volleyball in order to stay sane. :)

Castaway is a great movie. I highly recommend it if you haven’t seen it.

Keep going strong! Have a great weekend.

2. SpeedPRDGi

SpeedPRDGi Fapstronaut

Day 29 (Challenge), Day 34 (Personal Streak):
    It's been a hell of a summer so far! Haven't really shared much lately but I will say that between being in the hospital for heart issues and my wife getting COVID-19, it would have been easy to roll over, give in and be a sad sack.

But I've mentioned it before: the key to my personal success in previous personal bests was being physically active. At the time, I was working out and getting in shape for my wedding so I never had that idle time for my mind to wander.

@Jefe Rojo said it best: we need to resist the temptation to give in and "just do better next time". There is no next time; there is only now.

Be well everyone and have a great weekend!

3. AyomideKenny

AyomideKenny Fapstronaut

4. Welcome to NoFap! If you have a streak of 28 days or greater you can join. We all started together on 5/15 so we are all on the same day (day 29). We will be doing another round in August after this one is over. Best of luck to you!

5. @Jefe Rojo if you do this again, do you mind tagging me again to join if you can remember? I would love to join next time, thanks.

6. Sure, no problem! We’ll start round 2 in August.

7. Hey @BigDaawg , you should join this challenge. Please read the first post on this thread. If interested, welcome to day 29! :)

8. On to day 39...
    (I found this on Reddit).
    If you've got time to mindlessly browse the web and chill in front of your pc during the day, you're doing something wrong.
    Stay busy guys. As a result:

1) You're more likely to not relapse because you don't have the time to

2) You go forward in live instead of 'waiting for better days'

3) You'll feel like a motherfucking boss at the end of the day and respect yourself more

Let's rule this day boysss (Edit: and girls... and attack helicopters)!

9. *****************
    DAY 30
    Congrats to @Jack Herafter - you have made it 29 days so that must feel good to reach this important milestone!
    As for me, I discovered a hidden trigger last night that I thought I would share. I usually don’t eat right before bed but last night I did and it caused me to have some pretty crazy fetish dreams. I woke up in the middle of the night with some pretty intense urges. Luckily I was able to pray for strength and fall back asleep. This morning the urges have subsided and I’m feeling normal again. So no more food right before bed for me ever again!

10. dineshwetwo

dineshwetwo Fapstronaut

Happy Evening
    08/100
    Yes

Jack Herafter likes this.
  11. SpeedPRDGi, fg4795 and Jack Herafter like this.
  12. I am so sorry to hear that @Jefe Rojo :(

Here is a quote I read some time ago.

"If you have infinite patience and perseverance, success is bound to come. No mistake in that."
    — Swami Vivekananda

Get back up and keep fighting!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    SpeedPRDGi, Jefe Rojo, fg4795 and 2 others like this.
  13. Sorry to hear that man.

14. @Jefe Rojo Sorry about your reset my friend. Still, gotta congratulate you on running the marathon for 30 days, and even better your own streak of 45, that's really good! Glad you're stepping outside of the depression cycle, there's no need to inject negativity into the experience. Sure there's a disappointment aspect, but 45+ full days no pmo is reason to celebrate. Proud of you. I'll join you here on round two and I'll be tracking your success in the meantime as well.

Proud also of all the runners still in the race as well, a full month in now, nearly a third of the way there. Keep going guys!! :D

15. Sorry to read this man, but 46 is a great streak, just keep going to be ready for your next wonderful streak :)

16. *****************
    DAY 31
    Thanks everyone. I’ll still be around to cheer the rest of you on and to keep track of the days. I’ll check in once a day and post the day count. Keep going everyone!

17. Thanks for this my friend, it could be not easy to manage it after a personal relapse.
    So thanks :)
    Anyway only 70 to go :)