1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help overcoming physical contact phobia

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by mihmihero, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Hey everyone!

I dont know if this was the right category to post this but here goes. I've been struggling with PMO for quite a while and I think that the main cause is my abusive childhood. I went through quite a bit of bullying and abuse and as a result I developed a subconcious avoidance/fear of physical contact. I flinch when people touch me(eg pat my back/shoulders) and the thought of getting close to a person makes me quite uncomfortable so I avoid women instinctively. After reading and speaking to a psychiatrist, I learned that this is a cause of PTSD. Well, that has caused me to lead a hermit lifestyle and feel extremely lonely and depressed. I have went to a lot of counselors about this but I am am struggling quite a lot with this and I want to grow past this.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or reccomend any books/videos that are relevant on the matter?

2. Queek The HeadTakker

Queek The HeadTakker Fapstronaut

If you try brazzilian jiujitsu or wrestling it is great to deal with your contact phobia

mihmihero and Deleted Account like this.
  3. Yes definitely, I second this.

mihmihero likes this.
  4. Thank you for your replies everyone!

5. Alleman

Alleman Fapstronaut

You say that you went to a lot of counselors. But I wonder, did any of them apply an actual therapy with you? Because I think in your case you don’t need more and more people to tell your difficulties to, you just need one professional person who understands your difficulties and knows which techniques to apply to overcome this. Depending on the Health care system of your country, that might cost you a little bit, but see it as an investment for a better life.