1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

8 years without a relationship

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by lgustavoms, Dec 19, 2021.

1. lgustavoms

lgustavoms Fapstronaut

32 years old.
    2 relationships.
    Last one was in 2013.
    And yeah... It's been 8 years and I don't know what it's to share a life with a girl anymore.

This is becoming so overwhelming inside of me. I have silly fears like: the woman who would like me would also leave me after I tell her that I have been alone for so long. Like: she would think that I have no experience, things like that. I am overthinking about this situation. Is this relevant?

2. HelperX

HelperX Fapstronaut

You are definitely overthinking. Just find the right woman and create a healthy relationship with her and everything will be okay.

MeEqualsNF and lgustavoms like this.
  3. lgustavoms

lgustavoms Fapstronaut

What money has to do with that ?
    Lots of rich men commit suicide out of loneliness.

4. MeEqualsNF

MeEqualsNF Fapstronaut

Money has nothing to do with your relationship status. It’s okay that you have not been in a relationship for 8 years. This is what PMO does to us. It changes our mind to feel comfortable around the women on our screens, but uncomfortable around women in the real world. It makes us not even care to seek real relationships. Also, I think you are overthinking your situation. There are women who are just like you. And of course there are women not like you, but know that there are people in the world who ignore our past and love us for who we are now. You will find someone like this I promise. Try your best to make it happen though. I’m not sure if you’ve tried dating apps/websites, but if you haven’t consider giving them a try. If you feel anxious about doing that, this is the PMO talking not you. Stay strong.

5. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    dude i know plently job less couples, i have a friend hes in betweenjobs with a beautiful girl friend, i worked with a hottie that lived with her boyfriend , he had no job just smoked weed everyday

6. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    my first relationship was in grade eleven, me second an last relationship was grade 12, lasted 6 years, been single like a christmas jingle, since then, few of those years i wasnt nofap, i was lonely, depressed, suicidal, found nofap, i feel great, i have no urge to get a girlfriend now,i well have been single 12 years once i reach 2022, i well be celebrating my single life in new years , yes there well be refreshments

7. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    it depends on what level of girlfriend you want, theirs plenty levels, the no job level im sure theirs plenty, minium wage level, median level, blue colar, white, black , green. purple, blah blah blah , the question is this. can you aford a baby once you knock her up,

8. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    how long have you been practicing nofap, usually we gain some confidence an stamina

9. lgustavoms

lgustavoms Fapstronaut

The weight is off my shoulder now thanks for your sincere words.

Buddhabro2.0 and MeEqualsNF like this.
  10. lgustavoms

lgustavoms Fapstronaut

Sure money matters in a relationship. Since dating through marriage. Relationship don't survive without money. But money don't keep relationships.
    Money isn't the reason I am single this too long. Clearly it's PMO.

11. refreshed323

refreshed323 Fapstronaut

I haven't been in a relationship in about 10-12 years. Just during that time I have been traveling, dating girls, clubbing, exercising and other activities I enjoy. I don't enjoy being single, but I am not going to complain about either.

12. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

I’ve been wanting a relationship but it hasn’t happened. It is what it is. I’d rather be alone than settle for something I know isn’t right but go along with out of desperation. I’m focusing on myself and hope one day I find someone.

Brain-Police and KoalaMafia like this.
  13. lgustavoms

lgustavoms Fapstronaut

What I learnt from all these years alone is that I have stood on my own, don't making a move because of PMO.
    I had two good experiences before. But then PMO hit hard.

Just like MeEqualsNF said: PMO makes us not care to seek real relationships.

Now I am going out more, approaching girls at gym, market, church... anywhere I am.
    I am not seeking a girlfriend. I just want to expose myself (even to "rejection". The reason why I put the word rejection between quotes is that I don't think when a girl doesn't give you attention when you approach them means rejection... rejection is way more deeper than that]).

I think the right person to you won't ever friendzone you. You will both notice you were made to each other. And the first kiss and sex will come naturally.
    Just go out there, don't be afraid to make moves. Girls don't pay too much attention to appearance. Natural attraction to girls is when a man makes her feel safe.
    And safety means lots of things: you have good character, you are confident, you work and have money, you are independent...

PMO made me lazy all these years. Literrally I wanted to a girl approach me and say she loves and wants to marry with me.
    It's not how things work.
    You just need to socialize more and don't give a shit about getting a girlfriend / wife.
    Just vibe alone, work until you have independence then just socialize.
    Thinks will just work out.

14. hyper88

hyper88 Fapstronaut

I'll give you 3 tips.
    - kill PMO
    - Keep working on your job
    - Give a gentle smile to every girl you like. It also means you are happy and eventually makes you happier. Which will change everything and finally help you to find a good partner.

lgustavoms, Brain-Police and Ghost79 like this.
  15. lgustavoms

lgustavoms Fapstronaut

For my defence, if I lowered my standards I could date some chicks here and there. But overall I lacked social skills and sometimes I wanted to stay at home instead of socialize. Also, NoFap is making me see the beauty behind people, especially women. But yeah, sometimes I clearly saw some woman flirting with me, but I am not the kind of guy who is fine to mess with someone feelings when I don't see long term relationship with the same person. And the woman that I wanted to try something, I wouldn't make a move.

Brain-Police likes this.
  16. lgustavoms

lgustavoms Fapstronaut

On the other hand, at this point, I wouldn't mind to date a woman even If I don't see a long term relationship with them. Just to get the feeling of relationships again.

17. refreshed323

refreshed323 Fapstronaut

I am in my 30's and have not been in a relationship with a woman about 12 years. I used think it was a big deal. But after accomplishing so much within those 12 years, I don't know if I had a girlfriend, I would accomplish all that. Now, I do socialize weekly and do my best to participate in social activities (Gym, movies, meetups, festivals, and etc). This keeps my mind off of being single.

18. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

It is what it is. I would love to be in a relationship but that doesn’t change the fact I’m not. All I can do is focus on myself.

19. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

I'm 42 and only had 1 relationship in my life. I'll probably now never have a woman.

Brain-Police and {Ananta} like this.
  20. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    we gotta snap out of that way of thinking