1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How much money in your bank account?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Aug 1, 2018.

1. You would have to have a huge positive cash flow in order to never need credit. The majority of people will never reach such a position, especially when even rich people still care about their credit score.

2. I agree with your general premise. But...personal lines of credit didn't exist in the past and people managed. I wonder if credit has made things easier for people or harder. It's all in the user, but in aggregate it's impact on the economy has been similar to artificial sweeteners, maybe good in the short term for taste but worse in the long run for health. I don't claim to know for sure but it's interesting to ponder.

Saskia Simone likes this.
  3. Credit is a good thing and a useful tool, but like all tools it can be misused with severe consequences. As for the “people managed” remark that is neither here nor there. People managed before the invention of automobiles. Does the amount of deaths due to DUI’s change the fact that cars are a good and useful invention?

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Very good points. The market decides what's a good and useful invention and I can adopt it or not as in the case of cars and also in the case of consumer debt. I think what you said it true. Debt is much much older then cars though, but how we treat it now is very different in most cases. I like using the distinction between constructive debt and destructive debt. I think that is really what you are trying to tease out.

5. Bingo!

6. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

533345,59 €

OK just kidding

More than yesterday, less than tomorrow I guess.

Money in the bank is quite ridiculous no matter how much you have "in the bank". Because the money of today is not real money since 1971 when Nixon took off the gold standard and replace it with the oil I think and now all the central banks in the world took advantage of it and now they just print money and give loans to governments and corporations, so any money that stays in the bank devaluates due to so much printing and interests. You must put your money on assets like commodities, real estate, stocks and bonds, businesses, to make profit. Otherwise, you get wiped out in crisis times. Money is not some trophy to show off, it's a tool meant to protect and provide for you.

Nugget9, Roady and Deleted Account like this.
  7. @EXPONENTIALLY I know we have disagreed in the past but well said.

8. Around 3K. I have about 500€ to spend each month, if I save more than 3K, the state will reduce my student loan, so I just bought an amp and some decent speakers recently and go to festivals a lot and go out drinking quite often...

Gotta keep the capital low, ya know...

9. I don’t think how much you have in your account really matters. I have plenty but it’s because I don’t need a lot and really put no stock in stuff. I’ve always found I’ve always had enough even when I had very little. The idea that Security=Money is nuts. Security for me comes from within.
    Giving of self is what matters.

Roady likes this.
  10. Haha, perverse incentives on full display.

11. It's all for the economy though!

12. Yeah, Phil is right. You are just chaining yourself to the state not freedom.

13. Yes, that's how it's intended. Frankly, I don't care too much about this for now, as I don't have the power to change that... yet. But I surely wanna go "Django Unchained" later in my life.

[​IMG]

14. I have 2000 in my bank account and im 14.

GigglingTrout likes this.
  15. fridsa

fridsa New Fapstronaut

Hi all! It would be interesting to know where you take out loans and at what interest rate?

16. rtewq

rtewq New Fapstronaut

No matter how much a person earns, one day, life will face him with a significant purchase for which he will not have enough money.

17. Muphy

Muphy Fapstronaut

$175 in my account. But the best thing is I never owned a credit card and neither have intention to own one in future.
    I made this rule long back, no credit cards.
    This is about mid of the month and I know that I wont be needing more money till I get my salary. and even if I need, then I'll postpone that requirement to next month. :)
    I have no car, no house. Living in rented apartment and have a bike. Currently no plans to buy house or car or having a gf..

I invest around $200 per month in mutual funds and 2 hours on my coding skills to complete my app by mid-feb and if that app succeeded in market then well I wont have to worry about money for atleast 2 years.

Last few months had been very bad for me. but I didn't stop saving. Now I have to start increasing my bank amount as I am planning to get SKYDIVING B- License in somewhere around June and July.

Roady likes this.
  18. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

I just hit £100k saved but I invest in property so I need that money to make money. That said, it means nothing to me. I know that sounds awful but I feel like I'm just saving money for no reason other than to make more, I don't even desire to do anything with it. Sometimes I feel like giving it away to the local cat charity.

19. Muphy

Muphy Fapstronaut

I had that same feeling at a point. But then one of my friend suggested that to earn more you make something expensive as your hobby.. he started bike riding and now he has an awesome bike after 3 years with all the riding gears and he travels all across the country with groups.

And then I decided to do something more dangerous... Skydiving.. I won't say that I am not regretting... but I enjoy it too.. the free fall last for a minute.. and its the time when I forget everything.. during that time I achieve a state where there is no past no future.. just now.. fully focused on enjoying and living the moment at the same time being in the most awake and alert state...

OhWhenThe likes this.
  20. shamrock19

shamrock19 Fapstronaut

Im thinking about getting into the property game maybe with a friend , start with something small. Do you think there is still good money in it ?

this 9-5 grind just seems to be a chumps game