1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

100 Cold Approaches

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by StoicContemplation, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Mob Barley

Mob Barley Fapstronaut

I'm going to start doing this! I've cold approached before but never kept track or done it consistently. Framing it in this way is a really good way to gamify it.

2. Mob Barley

Mob Barley Fapstronaut

OK so I did 1 cold approach today.
    Was at the gym and noticed this nice thick looking girl with boots on. I'm like "why tf she wearing boots at the gym?" I'm doing my thing and she walks past, looking straight at me and smiles. I'm like wow she probably wants me to talk to her. I tell myself if she's still around once I finish doing my routine I'm asking what's up with those boots.

I finish, she's still there and I go up to her- completely ignoring her friend. We chat for a minute or 2 and I get her number. I'll hit her up this weekend.

1/100

Tilopa likes this.
  3. StoicContemplation

StoicContemplation Fapstronaut

Thanks for you kind words. Can't believe this thread is more than 1,5 years old. You've been with me since the beginning.

There has certainly been a change in attitude since the beginning. The first approaches of this thread boiled down to asking girls for directions. That was certainly a practical method to get used to talking to random girls and build up some basic social/conversational skills. It made the approach anxiety a bit easier to surmount.

I initially was convinced that using a more direct style of initiating a conversation would scare the girl away. But I now realize that this attitude can be severely limiting. I remember that after that daygame session a few weeks ago where I did direct approaches, I felt super free afterwards... The first approaches were absolutely horrible and gutting. But then I entered a state where approach anxiety seemed to have disappeared.

I would go up to girls with no restraint but with joy. I even stopped riding my bicycle to compliment and talk to a girl who was walking [this was exactly next to the police office of my town, even the limiting belief of 'getting arrested' didn't stop me!]... Man, do I wish I had that mental state as a default mode. All these invisible walls that normally kept me 'within societal norms' collapsed. The point is, I don't think that that free state can be reached through going indirect.

I will surely keep using pretexts to approach girls in the future, especially for indoor situations. But being honest and authentic feels... well, authentic.

I'm now currently busy studying for exams so I'm taking a break from this activity.

I will try something out in the summer again. :rolleyes:

Good luck man. Hope to read more about your journey in the future!

Getting a number from the first approach of your challenge, quite impressive.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    Spirituss likes this.
  4. Mob Barley

Mob Barley Fapstronaut

Yes thank you! It seems she gave me her number just to please me, I texted her yesterday and no response. I'm excited to see where my life would be at by approach 100.

5. StoicContemplation

1 date. 1 kiss

So I had a hiatus from dating for more than a month in order to focus on my exams.

Today I had my last exam so yesterday I decided to text 2 girls I met through cold approach, both of them documentated in this thread [Albanian and Iranian]. These were girls that I tried to meet up with again in the end of May, but they both got busy with their exams, so did I.

Anyway, the Iranian girl was down to meet so I grab a coffee with her after my exam.

I initially suggested a meeting place. When I went there I received a text that she's already in a coffeeshop and asked if it's okay if I come there. I was thinking this was a test to see if I would comply. So I was having doubts whether I should take the lead and take her somewhere else instead. These thought patterns didn't allow me to relax in anticipation of the date. Instead, they caused me to think in a way that killed my vibe.

I applied some Cognitive Behavior Therapy methods on myself by examining these negative thoughts, asking myself:

"Why are you thinking this way? Is there any rational basis to think like this? Even if it's true, would that mean it's a disaster? A catastrophe? Why don't you just relax instead of reading too much into this?"

And I must say, it did enable me to relax and to take a distance from my negative thought patterns so I could enter the present reality instead of giving credit to my infallible interpretation of it. Reality has nothing to do with your thoughts. You need to question everything, especially your own thoughts about dating. Your thoughts dictate your feelings. You better put these thoughts under scrutiny, instead of taking them for granted.

So I go there, and have a great time with her. At a certain point she's asking about my past and my previous relationships. I said to her I never really got a girlfriend, but I must say that it was not easy to be open about this. I didn't want to display any vulnerability to her so my answer was pretty vague too. Did some hand touching in the coffeeshop and she reciprocated.

Then we leave and it's raining, so whe share an umbrella. This was great for escalation too. Grabbed her by her lower back/hip against my body. She crossed her arm in mine. We go to a Syrian restaurant and have a great meal there. She then asks me about my piano playing. I mention that I know where a piano is and she wants me to show her. After the meal, we go there and I go for the kiss after playing the piano theme of Amélie Poulain [not the first time I have used the piano to facilitate a kiss].

I have quite some luck that these old leads appear to have some viablity. The Albanian girl seems to be willing to meet too. I think this makes a good argument for the fact that cold approaching, as a way to meet women, is more reliable and superior to the online alternatives.

26/100
    4 numbers
    3 dates
    2 kisses

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    GigglingTrout and Tilopa like this.
  6. 1/100
    Gym park
    I was training at the park doing weights.
    Some good looking girl was running, I was trying to avoid looking at her. Then she approaches next to me and starts doing some deathlifts.

I was trying not to hit on her or even watching her. I don't know why tbh haha.

I thought it'll be extremely easy to approach her but I didn't want to.
    Finally I look at her she was wearing some very short shorts and I saw she was touching her legs quite a bit. Possibly becuase of mosquitos.

Me: do you want some repellent
    She: yeah, thanks.

I give her some and I start doing my set. Then I see she's still itching

Me: it's better if you apply it directly to your skin. Let me help you.

Then I apply some more on her legs and I even touched her a bit but I didn't want to rub the repellant on her skin I thought it was too much.

Me: do you train at the gym.
    She: no I'm knew here in town and I don't know gyms near by.
    Me: well I know some gyms here give me your phone number.

She gives it to me and I continue working out. She seemed a little nervous a little like when you feel attracted towards someone kind of nervous.

Before leaving she says good bye and tells me thank you and to text her.

I came home and I texted her. She invited me to grab a cup of coffee or an ice cream.

GigglingTrout and Dr.J_76ers like this.
  7. Warrior4Freedom

Warrior4Freedom Fapstronaut

What the....where is this magical place you live, that's NOT a beach, that a strange girl would let a strange guy rub repellent on her skin especially after he gave it to her to rub on herself? Send me a plane ticket! :emoji_smile:

Also, what does this mean?

8. It means I applied some repellent besides the one she applied herself and that I rubbed some of it on her leg with my hand.

It's was not enough repellent and she didn't applied enough on the posterior side of her legs, she was putting the repellent first applying it into her hand and then to the part of her body she wanted to apply it.

I thought it was unproper repellent technique. I have some experience going to that gym park and using repellent.

Also she was still itching. The thing is you do these things without looking horny, you are simply applying repellent.

The same when you help to stretch a girl you don't know or if you are dancing or stretching you can even rub your penis in her body and not being a creep, but this one requires escalation not right away, even do some girls get too close right away. It's just part of the situation also in your head you are not being creepy.

The thing that girls like it as much as we do.

For example when I gave the repellent the first time to her she smiled a lot and came really close to me, also she was working out very close to me. She could have chosen any other place to train also we were alone no-one else was there so plenty of room.

She wanted me to approach her. I read all the signs too before starting to touch her.

Also notice that she was the hottest girl in the park at that moment and not even once I looked at her when she was running and not even when she came close to train next to me.

Also I gave her the repellent with some indifference as I mentioned I didn't even want to do the approach not out of fear of rejection I simply didn't want to.

Then I also remembered it's not if you want or not opportunities arrive when you least expect it. Also she is never again training there she found a gym.

But I didn't look desperate I even ignored the hottest girl of the park I think that made her be more interested in why I was not looking at her and also made me not threatening.

Because all guys look at girls when they run. But I don't.

I think is a matter of practice and it's more easy especially if the girl is starting the approach because she started by training close to me in an empty gym.

Dr.J_76ers and Warrior4Freedom like this.
  9. Are you practicing writing fanfiction ?

10. What's fictional about giving some repellent to a stranger in a place full of mosquitos and then helping that person to spray some of it in places she wasn't able to reach?

11. Your description of the event seems very fictional

12. That's how it was it's up to you to perceive and analize the approach the way you find must appropriate.

13. 2/100
    Mechanic
    I was at the mechanic fixing my bike and also learning some mechanics. The girl in charge of money was there so I started talking to her about bikes.

I really didn't like her but it was more about talking and learning about bikes and how to fix them.

14. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

I gave this a shot the other day. I went to a popular beach with friends, strolled around, and talked to about 8-10 girls.
    I don't think it went well at all, but the point was just try to get out there and get some experience.
    Half the time they didn't speak much English anyway, and my low Japanese level didn't help out (aside from making them laugh a little)

Wasn't ever shooting for any numbers, but low-key felt like I should have asked one really cute girl in particular for hers. I think I got "the look" once or twice during our convo. And she was lookin' quite good in that swimsuit of hers...
    But again, English was pretty non-existent, and it probably wouldn't have gone anywhere

Still, I'd do it again in the future. I don't think it's as promising as going to a club or mixer, but it's a worthwhile endeavor, anyway

15. StoicContemplation

Went to a city a few days ago and did 4 approaches. One on the train platform, asking the girl if she knew if it would rain. This led to a long conversation on the train. I went for the number close when she debarked but she said her full name instead.

2 approaches about directions. One was a Russian woman who I got the number from but she texted me that she was married. Also approached a Turkish girl in a bar.

31/100
    5 numbers

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    Tilopa likes this.
  16. Ice cream date
    I went to have ice cream with the girl that I borrowed the mosquito repellent. My intuition told me she wasn't a very sexual person and that we have low chemistry. Even do she is attractive.

Good thing is she payed for my ice cream and she lives very close to my house.

Good girl to talk to. Interesting subjects but she seems clueless about giving clues to be flirty or any subtle sign.

I knew she was going to be like this by looking at her profile photo and the way she speaks online.

Sometimes girls that are good at talking are not very sexual and bad in bed.

It was a waste of time in a romantic sense. I had an open mind the all time but it just wasn't there. It was good to test my dating skills and interaction with women, I must say I behaved quite good.

Also it was good to see my intuition was right about her.

Lesson:
    always trust your intuition, if you feel a girl is not for you, don't force it no matter how many good qualities or good looking she is.

Weird thing
    Another girl called me out of the blue after the date I just had to talk to me about she breaking up with her boyfriend.
    She gave me the impression by how she talked that she wanted to have rebound sex with me.

She seemed so desperate to just have sex, also with some type of hate towards men. Very confusing and negative scenario. I just listen to her and didn't say anything when she was talking about rebound sex. That is just bad energy for me. No thanks.

GigglingTrout likes this.
  17. StoicContemplation

Good idea to give yourself feedback @Tilopa. Whilst humans definitely learn by mere experience, there's much to say for taking an active approach to learning

I had a date today. It was with the Albanian girl I approached during the previous set of 100.

I had 2 "dates" with her in April but it never came to any fruition. Back then I felt that there was zero romantic/sexual interest on her part, so I didn't contact her for like a month. Anyway, I decided to text her in May saying that I actually liked her and that I would like to meet again. Exams got in between.

Last week I started to text her again and so today we met for a coffee. Yesterday I took some risk and texted her "If I ask you 'Wear something nice.' would you find that too demanding too?" [she texted me that my invitation for a date "I'm asking you out" was too 'demandig']. She didn't reacted positively to this, saying that it's strange and that she's not sure if she wants to come anymore. I initially experienced a wave of negative thought patterns: "You're a creep for texting this. You're obviously not good with women."

I applied some cognitive techniques on these thoughts, which made the negative feelings go away pretty quickly. I identified some cognitive distortions behind these dysfunctional thoughts [I've been using this method and my mood has increased tremendously].

- catastrophizing: exaggeration of a simple goof-up
    - jumping to conclusions: a negative interpration even if there are no definite facts that support this conclusion
    - labeling: attaching a negative label to myself ["I suck with women"]
    etc.

Which, in return, allowed me to create a more realistic and rational interpretation of reality and put things in perspective. Shout-out to the founders of REBT/CBT, it's already life-changing.

Anyway, I responded to this that maybe we're not looking for the same thing, so that it might indeed be pointless to meet. She said she wanted to meet, so we do.

During the coffee date I make it clear why I approached her. I say that I have interest in her as a man has interest in a woman. During my earlier dates I always hided my intentions. I reasoned that building 'comfort' would pave the way towards intimacy. Now I think it's better to let the girl know that you have a romantic agenda. This doesn't mean that you have to put pressure on the girl. It just means that it's better to walk away and allow the train to crash when there is zero convergence between how you both see the interaction. It also puts your inner game to the test when you're explicitly telling her what you want.

So yeah, that's how she saw me, just a friend who happens to know some things about her country. She says that she never had a boyfriend and that she's not ready to date. The matter of fact is that she is a Christian woman who is conservative [hence her reaction to my cheeky text]. But it looks like she's not really interested to have a man in her life because she's focusing on her career. So I don't even see the point in pursuing the long game because my interpretation is that the door is closed.

The friendzone only exists if you allow yourself to be put there in the first place.

1 approach at the bus stop [but failed to get a conversation going]

32/100

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
    GigglingTrout likes this.
  18. For me I simply find women unpredictable and anything can come from my interaction with them. The best like getting married or she ending up being a serial killer trying to steal my organs. It's an exageration but the point is that anything can come up from an interaction good or bad ypu never know.

Maybe, but in a way you talking, approaching and setting a date it heavily implies you have a sexual interest in her, women want to see also you like them for who they are. They sure want sex but they don't like to look too easy.

I'll say there's no fix formula, sometimes you just talk friendly, sometimes you flirt, you mix both... It varies depending on the girl, the date, also on how she responds to your approach if you are being flirty and she doesn't react better not go that route, if you are being too friendly and she looks bored maybe flirt a little to see her reaction.

More than having a fix way to approach or to continue the conversation after the approach is about reading the girl and want she wants and feels comfortable with.

Usally I just wait for the girl to give me signs she wants to be physical and I talk normal and occasionally I throw a flirt joke and see how she responds.

A girl I dated recently told me that if a girl likes you she'll let you know.

StoicContemplation likes this.
  19. I have been there and I can tell you that what you are doing is not at all useless. You've gone from asking women on the street for directions, to being able to tell a woman you like her. That's an achievement no matter what the outcome.

It's also up to the girl to invest herself. If she's not able to open up romantically, no matter how calibrated you are, it's not going to go anywhere.

I think even before the date you should see these signals, so you don't go out for a drink with a girl who doesn't know what she wants. Taking risks like saying "wear a cute outfit" aren't really risks. Because if you don't play, nothing happens.
    Put yourself in the shoes of a guy who dates three different women a week. This guy is ready to lose those girls. Allow yourself to express your desires little by little, with kindness. Always with those thoughts that tell you you're going to lose her. Those thoughts will never go away, except for those moments when you're super confident.

StoicContemplation and Tilopa like this.
  20. StoicContemplation

Good points! I use the cognitive method to control my own distress and negative thoughts, not to explain women's behavior. Because in reality, I have no way of knowing what goes through her head. If I allow myself to have a blue mood because of the way she responded, then that's because of certain irrational cognitive distortions that go through my mind, not because she says XYZ.

What you say is indeed an example of a more rational response to counter thoughts of self-doubt. You can't predict people's behavior. If she thinks it's inappropriate, then so be it. Some girls might like it, some don't. As a matter of fact, I have also used that text on the Greek-Italian and Iranian woman, whom I both kissed. One "negative" event doesn't necessarily indicate a never-ending pattern of defeat.

It basically boils down to what Epictetus said: "We are not disturbed by what happens to us, but by our thoughts about what happens to us."

Well, I always thought that it was an unwritten rule that if I approach a woman, get her number, and ask her out, it would be very well clear what I'm after, even if my approach is indirect. But this isn't necessarily always the case.

I don't really think there's much to lose when you state your intention during the first date. You may either:

A. state the obvious, i.e. she knows and doesn't disqualify you as a potential romantic partner [then you know that you're on the same page]

B. create confusion, i.e. she sees you as a friend and not as dating potential

Yeah it can be disappointing when B happens, but as long as you respect yourself and don't feel self-conscious because of the fact that you have a sexual desire as a man, then being able to walk away is way more rewarding than staying in her orbit. I think that doing the latter is disingenuous.

Thanks man, I actually thought about one of your posts where you said that you verbalized to a girl on a date the reason why you approached her. I think it's a form of self-respect. When you reject your sexuality, you're not only fooling the girl, but also fooling youself!

I texted my wing and will hit the capital city soon to do some direct daygame.

No more 'should' and 'but' statements.

Tilopa and Spirituss like this.