1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meal prepping

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by ac2020, Jan 20, 2020.

1. ac2020

ac2020 Fapstronaut

Hey guys, so here’s a topic I wanted to ask everyone. Obviously incorporating a healthy diet into your lifestyle is a challenge and we’re always trying to find the easiest ways to do it. What I wanna know is how have you meal prepped effectively for yourself and seen results or felt better from it?

in addition, I’d like to know if anyone has used those online meal prep services like Freshly before and if it’s worth doing for someone with a busy schedule?

I wanna know what products and what has made it easier for you. Wether it’s good, meal replacement shakes, Tupperware to facilitate this, food subscriptions... ANYTHING

im not sure if this was discussed before but I wanted to bring it up and hear your thoughts.

2. Tempus Fugit

Tempus Fugit Fapstronaut

Just like making a plan to deal with temptation, I think making a plan for a healthy diet is very valuable. When I'm not horny, I can make a plan so that when I feel the urge, I have a strategy to resist. In the same way, when I'm not hungry, I can make a plan about what I will eat, so I make good choices when the time comes.

I have looked up a variety of healthy meal options online and have collected some recipes of meals that sound appetizing, are not too hard to make, and filled with some variety. Sometimes, I go back through my list of recipes and plan out a shopping list. It's a good and positive activity that can take my mind of other sexual temptations.

Most of the time, I prepare food that can serve for at least 3 meals. A couple hours in the kitchen on one day can take care of a couple days of healthy food.

Just my thoughts...

Lenard Fosterman likes this.
  3. ac2020

ac2020 Fapstronaut

I like your strategy, planning rather than doing a split second decision. It’s easy to just go to a drive through for a hot “delicious” meal but very unhealthy the same way it’s easy to do PMO. Preparing when you’re not in that moment can help you make the better decision.

Espi1971 likes this.
  4. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

I only cook twice a week. I will cook lunch and dinner for the week on sunday then cook one dinner and lunch halfway through the week. Saved heaps of money and time this way.

ac2020 likes this.
  5. Teagualicious

Teagualicious Fapstronaut

I've not had the best luck with getting consistent, but the times I am is a really great feeling, I would start with breakfast and prep that for a few weeks and then start adding. Trying to do all at once always causes me to fail. Not a pro at it yet, but on days especially where I have work, I make a big effort to prep. Slow cooker is amazing too, really easy, and you can make an entire day's worth of meals overnight.

ac2020 likes this.
  6. billijean1990

billijean1990 Fapstronaut

It's good when there is a technique for cooking, in other cases I know that this does not happen and many people just can not make their favorite food.

7. I've had difficulty with meal prepping as well. Ideally, I'd like to meal prep Sunday and wednesday. Make Breakfast lunch and dinner with some leeway in case I want to get something or if my folks want to cook something for dinner. However, finding recipes I'm willing to eat for 3 days straight can be tough too. There is a youtube guy named Josh Cortis that makes some good meal preps (I'm actually going to try his stealthy mac n cheese this week). I know Babish has a meal prep episode that isn't too bad.

As for equipment, you can really use any containers you have. You don't have to buy expensive glass containers. Just get ones that work for your needs. I use the cheapo walmart ones and they work just fine. I wish I had more to say on this, but this is an area I struggle with too.

EDIT: Oh I forgot one thing. Don't sleep on frozen veggies and fruits. They can be a life saver for efficient prep. Dan Guisti has these cheap meal videos on youtube as well that can give some inspiration.

8. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

Meal prepping is by far the N°1 skill I want to get into. I tried it two days ago and it went well but I ended up overeating way too much anyway :(

9. I've used those meal services before. The portions were small and not enough for me. So I started meal prepping. I make it simple by just basically eating the same thing every day. So I make a bunch of it at once then just put it in the fridge and heat it up when I'm ready to eat.

It makes eating super simple and frees up a bunch of time. Combined with OMAD (one meal a day) it's helped me a lot to meat my dieting and weight loss goals.

10. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

Ah see this is the major problem for me. I don't know how people eat the same thing every day. Even my favourite foods, I get bored of if I eat the same thing in a 2 weeks period. I am bored extremely easily food wise :(

11. For me it's out of necessity. I'm too poor to really buy a lot of ingredients. It's much cheaper to just buy stuff for one meal and eat that all week. It works for me, even though I do miss planning elaborate meals for each day of the week and cooking, like I used to.

That being said I do have some variety. I supplement my daily meal with either eggs, celery and mashed avocado, or nuts and fruit. It's enough to keep me from being bored. I also have one meal a week that's completely different from what I normally eat.

12. shorty1

shorty1 Fapstronaut

co-workers say that Im skinny and I dont eat enough...which is true.I want to eat more...but because of gastric issues i cannot over indulge in eating.I'de like to because im hungry at times and want to eat more but not sure if its anxiety that when i start to eat i think that my stomach is filling up with air and thus keeps me from eating alot.That's why Im slim...because of this...amny suggestions?