1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

2 Months of Cold Showers

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by TicLun, Mar 24, 2023.

1. TicLun

TicLun Fapstronaut

So 2 Months ago I decided that I'm gonna try cold showers and do them daily.

At first, it was annoying, and I'm not gonna lie, it still is xD. However every time I take a cold shower, I feel more "empowered". Cold showers are not enjoyable and when you hop in your head starts saying "don't do it" or "take a hot shower, you had a long day" but it's exactly at that moment when your head is spinning with excuses that you have to jump in, and when you do, it feels like tearing down a wall.

The Benefits I noticed:
    1, I can tolerate cold weather more - I hate cold weather so whenever it was a little bit colder outside, I immediately grabbed a jacket but this last month I only had a hoodie on me and I was fine.
    2, I have less severe acne breakouts - My acne was always bad but now my acne breakouts are less severe and I keep them more under "control".
    3, It's easier for me to be productive - This one might be because I updated my goals and now I'm aiming for different achievements but with every cold shower I feel like kicking the world in the ass.

In conclusion, It's worth a try but to see some real benefits, you have to be doing it for at least a few weeks consistently.

2. Casserole

Casserole Fapstronaut

I have had similar results. It sucks but you feel amazing after. It challenges you and your body to do something that doesn't happen much in the real world anymore.

TicLun likes this.
  3. Pauley

Pauley Fapstronaut

I do em for a long tine now. I notice that I get sick way less often. Good for the skin as you said.

Im not as extreme as i used to be though. If I want to take a bath or a hot shower I do so. But 80% of the time I do cold showers.