1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

40 day fasting commitment, Feb 26 - April 5

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

btw does anybody know how to share your PMO counter? I didn't really get it

2. Hi all, in terms of my 40 day fast (no bread, wheat, pasta, and rice), I messed up one time by eating something made with flour by mistake. Should of been careful but it was a one time thing and I haven't done so since. Re: PMO, last week wasn't good. Many temptations and multiple relapses. Took my eyes off of Jesus :-( Yesterday and today confessing to God and getting my feet back on the right road. Pushing ahead to go beyond the 38 days without PMO before my relapses. God helped me that time and I know he'll help me again and beyond. Asked forgiveness for the (evil) things I did and the (right) things I omitted to do. I want to know him more and no more of PMO. Thanks to all for your prayers and support. I want to pray and support you also.

3. LonelyStrength

LonelyStrength Fapstronaut

Welcome! Im happy your here, the more were involved the easier it can be to fight this!

skywalkersbo likes this.
  4. LonelyStrength

Announcement for all, I had nightfall last night and I was awake and aware of what was happening :emoji_cry::emoji_cry::emoji_sweat: but I don't feel terrible which is good cause I went 15 days, So Im going to push my end date to make up for the 15 days, I know I can go the 40 days flawlessly but dosen't mean you guys have to follow my duration, you guys keep going!

Im still praying for you guys!!

skywalkersbo likes this.
  5. LonelyStrength

I don't about sharing but everyone can see it on your comments

skywalkersbo likes this.
  6. LonelyStrength

Its good to hear your still focused!!

skywalkersbo likes this.
  7. 1StP412

1StP412 Fapstronaut

Dang it!

The important thing is not to stay down, you're having a good attituted that's what matters

I know you can do this, I'm praying for you

Today this verse spoke to me:

1 Timothy 4:12 NIV
    "Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity"

skywalkersbo and LonelyStrength like this.
  8. I will join this 40 day fasting commitment as well, I have been putting off fasting for a while but it's now or never, I will join you guys on the journey.

I will pray for your success in this path brother, never give up and trust God for He has a plan for you better than you could ever imagine.

9. LonelyStrength

Im happy your here!!

10. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

ohh noo, well don't give up!! I'll have you in my prayers tonight! Let's keep going together

skywalkersbo and LonelyStrength like this.
  11. LonelyStrength

Day 14.

Father God, thank you for this new day, I ask that you keep @Tao Jones @Looking4Freedom @skywalkersbo @1StP412 @Kemar935 @Euthyphro, strong and productive, help to have have self control and power over their bodies, I pray that you forgive them of their wrongdoings and that you protect them and their families, I pray that you keep them True to their fasting, give them the strength to complete the test they put on them selfs and I pray the you keep watching over us , and in Jesus name I pray Amen.

12. LonelyStrength

Day 15.

Hope you guys have a great day! and Im going to leave you guy with the verse I posted before! You guys are in my prayers!!

2 Timothy 1,7

For the spirit that God has given us does not make us timid, instead, his spirit fills us with power, love, and self control.

Deleted Account and Tao Jones like this.
  13. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Thank you Lonely strength, I had/am having a great day today, everything going wel, thanks for the verse and continues support and prayers!! also praying for you!

skywalkersbo and 1StP412 like this.
  14. I appreciate it Lonely Strength, I will be trying to fast (no food) for 48 hours to practice self-control and discipline, and am currently 6.5 hours in, please pray for me brother. I will be relying on Christ's strength to complete this.

skywalkersbo and Kemar935 like this.
  15. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

That's amazing! I'll pray for you too!

skywalkersbo likes this.
  16. Fasting is a routine part of the disciple's life. Make sure you fast wisely. Some pink Himalayan salt 3-4 times a day during a fast can really help with any feelings of fatigue or "brain fog." I will be starting 90 days of 3-day-per-week fasting on Sunday. Let's "fast forward" together! :)

skywalkersbo likes this.
  17. LonelyStrength

Day 16.

Hello everyone, hope y'all are doing good, guys i've getting lazy and I haven't been praying and reading lately, and i'm getting temptations back, I wanna ask if you guys can keep me in your prayers, I need to get discipline, and get back on track, thanks guys

skywalkersbo likes this.
  18. Thank you so much brother, I will start to pray for your success in return!

I have passed a day of fasting, and rather than brain fog or the like... I feel an increased alertness. It's been over a day in fasting already, and I feel more driven with more purpose to accomplish more than I ever have before. I love your idea of fasting weekly on Lent, and I am definitely going to change this from a one time thing to something weekly. Thank you for your input ;).
    I will continue praying for you. If you want to stop relapsing, I'd highly suggest keeping busy, and getting back on track with reading. reflect on your relapse as an opportunity. You relapsed because you were not on track with your habits lately, or not going as hard as you could have. Now you're back at square one, this should renew your motivation to be better and work hard, rather than destroy. Stay strong in God comrade, and read the Bible every morning.

19. Praying! One day at a time is all we can do. We have to make every day count.

LonelyStrength and skywalkersbo like this.
  20. LonelyStrength