1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

40 day fasting commitment, Feb 26 - April 5

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. LonelyStrength

LonelyStrength Fapstronaut

Day 17.

Father God thank you for this new day and for this past week, I pray that you watch over @Tao Jones @Looking4Freedom @1StP412 @skywalkersbo @Kemar935 @Euthyphro, keep them occupied and the strength over them selfs, I pray that you help me to stay diligent and to avoid temptations, keep us strong and in the palm of your hand, thank you for this weekend coming up , in Jesus name I pray Amen

skywalkersbo and Deleted Account like this.
  2. Thank you Lonely Strength, I have successfully completed my 2 day fast. The virus means I'll be stuck home for three weeks as there is no school. I don't see this as a bad thing though, its an opportunity to educate myself and become stronger in the way of the Lord. Every obstacle is an opportunity. I pray that the Lord may grant all of us deliverance, and mercy. Amen.

I encourage everyone to read Deuteronomy 28 today, and reflect on what it means.

skywalkersbo and LonelyStrength like this.
  3. LonelyStrength

Thats good to hear, I will definitely read it! this coronavirus is going out of proportion! where are you in that they closed your school? just out of curiosity ?

Deleted Account and skywalkersbo like this.
  4. Trust and obey,
    For there's no other way
    To be happy in Jesus.

:)

Deleted Account and skywalkersbo like this.
  5. LonelyStrength

Day 18.

I hope you guys have a great day and weekend!! You guys are in my prayers!

6. I live in the province of Ontario in Canada. People are fighting over resources in supermarkets its getting out of hand. They also have closed all libraries and gyms. I have enough books at home both physically and online though, and I can do bodyweight workouts to compensate.

This message has become increasingly more important to me, now that I am secluded from the rest of the world at the moment, my thoughts turn to Jesus more often. I hope I can emerge out of this a better and stronger man.

Thank you so much! I'll make sure to pray for you today as well!

Today's verses are from the deuterocanonical Book of Sirach to keep us going on our journey, on wisdom. Sirach 6:20-22: "20 She seems very harsh to the undisciplined; fools cannot remain with her. 21 She will be like a heavy stone to test them, and they will not delay in casting her aside. 22 For wisdom is like her name; she is not readily perceived by many."

7. LonelyStrength

Day 19.

Happy Sunday everyone! Father God thank you for this rest, I thank you for this opportunity of fellowship and to worship you, I pray that you watch over us and keep us diligent, in Jesus name I pray Amen

Wow, thats interesting they only thing so far in my state (Arizona) they've done was offer online classes and told students to stay home if they are sick

skywalkersbo and Deleted Account like this.
  8. I start a 90-day period of 3-day-per-week fasting tomorrow, so I am having a sweet treat this weekend. This is a one-day suspension of my commitment to no sugar. My eating regimen during the 90-day fasting period will be strictly keto, so there will be no sugar during those 90 days either.

Just wanted to be up-front with all of you about what I'm up to. Thanks for all your support!

9. LonelyStrength

Nice! Good way to balance the sugar craves, Good luck, we'll be praying for you!

skywalkersbo and Tao Jones like this.
  10. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Hey lonely strength I am sorry for responding so late, but just wanted to let you know I will definitelly be praying foe you, hang in there! It really can get hard at times, but it's all worth it. We are in this together!

11. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Nice! Enjoy your sweet day, or I guess I should say hope you enjoyed your sweet day! haha

Tao Jones likes this.
  12. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

just quickly wanted to say sorry for not being active these days, I had a friend come over and couldn't find a good time to log into nofap.

I have read all your messages and want to thank all of you for your prayers and encouagements, they always work! I myself have been struggeling with temptations today, but after opening nofap and seeing all your messages I feel a whole lot better!

Also don't want to make this a whole topic, but I used to live/am living in China, prior to the outbreak of this virus. Due to this I have already been following online courses for 3 weeks, being at home and feeling pretty isolated, so I can really understand the feeling of people who now experience the same as me. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.

I'll be keeping everyone in my prayers tonight, goodnight guys!

13. LonelyStrength

Day 20. 1/2 way done!

Father God thank you for this new week I wanna keep praying for @Tao Jones @Looking4Freedom @1StP412 @skywalkersbo @Kemar935 @Euthyphro keep them strong in their faith and powerful over their bodies I want to specifically pray for the students who are now taking classes at home or online, ask that you discipline them help to focus, online classes are not easy! And I also ask the you keep them in contact and socializing with others, home alone can be a perfect storm for temptation, so I pray you keep aware of their environments and to avoid those triggers, and I pray for this world in this crisis time , that you take control and keep us us, thank you God and in Jesus name I pray, amen

skywalkersbo likes this.
  14. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Thanks for your prayer, it makes me sad to say this, but I had a bad day today and PMO'd twice. Just wanna be honest to everyone of you. I feel negative and bad today, but yes I will start again from day one, one day at a time. Please keep me in mind.

Tao Jones and LonelyStrength like this.
  15. LonelyStrength

All good dude, forgive and forget.. your not alone, Im feeling off today as well..

16. Always assess what led you back to the pit of PMO. What drew you in? Why? What lie did you believe? What is the truth you can rely on next time?

PMO is always a choice. We must learn why we choose poorly and begin to understand the better way so that we will choose it more and more going forward.

LonelyStrength likes this.
  17. Good luck I will pray for your success brother!

This is the truth right here, I would always PMO when I was bored, in my bed, and had nothing to do. I had to keep myself busy and the urges are less likely to appear, this ultimately was what allowed me to overcome PMO with the strength of Christ.

Also Lonely Strength, they are considering moving things online, but I doubt we'll be able to take online tests though. Some people here predict it will last for a couple of months, and if that is the case then I wonder how the school system will adapt. I pray and hope all goes well there in Arizona, and that your situation does not degrade to that of Canada.

LonelyStrength likes this.
  18. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

hey guys just wanted to say thanks for all responses. Yes PMO is a choice, and that day I made a wrong choice. I'll try again and hope to not make the same mistake

As for the virus yeah, I'm also expecting it to take at least a couple of months, some people say in summer it will be better, because previously seen corona virusses have all been weak against heat, but nothing is confirmed yet.

Hope your doing a bit better lonely strength, I'll keep you all in my prayers

19. LonelyStrength

Day 22.

Hey all , hope you guys are doing well!

Father God I just wanna keep praying for all of us here that listen to our prayers and hear our hearts, help us to keep fighting the good fight, keep us strong, help us to seek you in time of trouble , please watch over us and our families and the world we reside in, Thank you for everything and in Jesus name I pray, Amen

skywalkersbo likes this.
  20. LonelyStrength

Yes Im doing good, sometimes I get these hard mood swings and they bring me down and get in the way of everything and Im noticing more of it when I abstine from PMO so Im praying I overcome this in my life.

Im just waiting for this virus to die off, its getting ridiculous

skywalkersbo likes this.