--->90 DAYS NO SUGAR CHALLENGE<---

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Future role model, Apr 2, 2018.

How often do you eat sugary foods?

1. every day

51 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. 2-5 times a week

26 vote(s)
    27.1%
  3. once a week

6 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. few times a month

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. once a month

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. almost never

7 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

No sugar: day 4. Will try to apply today what have learnt from tips here :)

2. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

Day 5. Survived yesterday this birthday party without eating anything sweet, cakes, etc. :)

Probably for the first time in my life was able to resist temptation in such situation.
    It is motivational to keep on doing this streak longer.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  3. Future role model

Future role model Fapstronaut

Day 3
    This year I started keeping records of every relapse(in both nofap and nosugar challenge). I have just counted how many days I ate crap and there's 80 on them. Out of 159 days this year I ate shit for 80 days. It's more than 50%. And then I'm wondering why I feel like shit every day, and why my shoulder is fucked up...

I also counted my nofap relapses, and there is around 270 of them. In 159 days I jerked of 270 times. I really do have a fucking problem.

4. I had a problem with my shoulder as well. It took a lot of time. Exercises and massages didn't really help but after half a year it's completely gone. I can do pull-ups again :)

At least you did a good job of keeping record. So what has to happen that you improve in these challenges and that relapses will be less likely?

5. Force Majeure

Force Majeure Fapstronaut

108/130 - sugar only when my wife bakes
    68/90 - no alcohol
    68/90 - no crisps
    38/60 - coffee at most one per weekend
    18/30 - no bread

I've had very little time lately, trying to catch up.

@Barnabas_ , great to hear you survived the party!

@Future role model , welcome back to the challenge! I can see you're doing a good job in counting :) Do you have dates of all your relapses as well? What I'm thinking about is that you may want a number that you can start to improve on, e.g. relapses/week or so. Maybe this works for you but for me it would not - my addiction was too strong, I had to stop completely in order to get back control. In either way, if you are determined, driven and really want to stop, you can do this.

6. Rising Force

Rising Force Fapstronaut

After a few slips I may write day one again.

Future role model likes this.
  7. Future role model

Future role model Fapstronaut

Day 4:
    I'm doing dopamine fast today, internet is forbidden but I came here just to update.

8. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

Thanks Force Majeure! :)

Day 6:)

Force Majeure likes this.
  9. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

10. Rising Force

Rising Force Fapstronaut

11. Force Majeure

109/130 - sugar only when my wife bakes
    69/90 - no alcohol
    69/90 - no crisps
    39/60 - coffee at most one per weekend
    19/30 - no bread

Coffee
    I have an unfortunate fact to tell. Having a cup of coffee on Saturday gives me headache on Sunday... I assume it's because I've been drinking coffee for many years so it takes time to get used to this reduced amount of coffee. I was expecting to get headache the first days when I stopped drinking coffee daily but I wasn't expecting to get headache at this point. Does anyone have any experience around this? After my 60 days I will probably start drinking coffee daily again, possibly with a limit of only one cup or so. We'll see...

Bread
    This challenge actually got me a bit depressed. I love bread and we have so many different breads at home and I love them all. Replacing all breads with eggs, salami, cheese and so on gives me much less joy in my daily life... it's feels a bit sad. The bread I miss the most is currently the levain.

Alcohol
    I don't miss alcohol very much. Fact is, I didn't drink alcohol very often before the challenge so this was quite easy to stop with. However, I do miss the many different kinds of IPAs... We've been eating hamburgers at home many times lately and it's just so nice to have a good beer to the food.

Crisps and sugar
    This has been a very good therapy to stop with. A few years ago, I never bought any snacks nor sweets whatsoever. If I ate something, it was because we had it at home. My wife could buy some things from time to time and then I ate. In the last few years however, the amount of sweets and crisps she bought gradually increased... which made me consume more and more until I reached a point where I also started to buy these things. I reached the peak when I started the no sugar challenge 109 days ago. Now I have a much better perspective on this. I still miss a few things though :)

Summary
    I feel that I have challenged myself quite much in all these challenges. Staying away from something for 90 days is indeed a very long time. If you're unsure if you will make it or not, I would say go for at most 30 days at a time. 30 days is also a long time but at least it's comprehensible. Remember, the most important thing is not to stay away from things as long as possible - what is important is to achieve your goals. Completing a 7-day challenge is much better than failing a 30-day challenge after 14 days. Having reasonable goals is the best thing you can have! That's probably one of the very good things I've learned from these challenges.

Next time I join a challenge I'm going to plan it better. First of all, never a new challenge that will last for more than 30 days. It's just too long time. It's always possible to extend the challenge with 30 days at a time if a longer challenge is wanted. I should also think about obvious things: do I have anything planned for the next 30-days, like a vacation or so? If so, should I complete the challenge before the vacation or should I add a special rule to handle the vacation? It's just good to think everything through so that success is the most probably outcome.

Keep fighting my friends :)

12. Accountability Partner

Accountability Partner Fapstronaut

You guys are awesome. Thanks @Force Majeure for a detailed reply. I'll be copying your style for daily updates.

13/90 - No PMO (No sexual fantasies either. No prolonged stares at random people.)
    4/90 - No Caffeine, 6 days a week
    3/90 - Meditation
    3/90 - Planning My Day
    2/90 - Dedicated time for browsing websites
    1/90 - Getting out of bed at the first go of alarm
    1/90 - Not insulting/hurting anyone out of anger
    1/90 - No Refined Sugar, 6 days a week
    0/90 - Exercise for 30 minutes, 6 days a week

Barnabas_ and Force Majeure like this.
  13. Rising Force

Rising Force Fapstronaut

14. Force Majeure

110/130 - sugar only when my wife bakes
    70/90 - no alcohol
    70/90 - no crisps
    40/60 - coffee at most one per weekend
    20/30 - no bread

Barnabas_ likes this.
  15. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

I like this, perhaps should start this too one day...

Decided to focus on mothly/weekly challenges, then if completed set another 30/7 days, so:

- no sugar: day 8/30
    - no watching news: day 9/30
    - no facebook: day 1/7
    - no secrets/no lies = living in the truth: day 1/7

There is a popular quote in 12 step groups which is:
    "You are only as sick as your secrets, you will remain sick as long as it is still a secret"

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  16. Accountability Partner

Accountability Partner Fapstronaut

14/90 - No PMO (No sexual fantasies either. No prolonged stares at random people.)
    5/90 - No Caffeine, 6 days a week
    4/90 - Meditation
    4/90 - Planning My Day
    3/90 - Dedicated time for browsing websites
    2/90 - Getting out of bed at the first go of alarm
    2/90 - Not insulting/hurting anyone out of anger
    2/90 - No Refined Sugar, 6 days a week
    1/90 - Exercise for 30 minutes, 6 days a week

Force Majeure and Barnabas_ like this.
  17. I seriously need to decrease my time on the computer drastically right now!
    So I'll be away for some time I guess.
    Good diets without cravings to all of you!
    See ya!

18. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

- no sugar: day 9/30
    - no watching news: day 10/30
    - no facebook: day 2/7
    - no secrets/no lies = living in the truth: day 2/7