A Progressive Challenge-A different kind of challenge- all levels

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by DerNeuMann, Nov 13, 2017.

1. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

15/30. Half-way through. I worked, went to 2-hour-long walk with my family, swam in the river for 10 minutes and went to bed just before 10 p.m.

2. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

17/30. I went running yesterday after a long time, so my legs hurt and I´m generally tired.

3. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

good job. Keep up the good work. The second month is a bit more difficult but you can do it.

4. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

18/30. Step by step, day by day. Nothing else.

5. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

19/30 Slowly getting there.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  6. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

You are probably in the the big flatline or about to start it. Don't let it get you down. If you experience a lack of morning wood or a reduced ability to get it up, don't worry. It works. It will pass within a week or two. Coffee and chocolate will help with the mood swings. You'll find that you're irritable and lack energy. If you can, get some melatonin to help you stay asleep at night. Don't worry, it's not a drug and it's not addictive. It's something that your body produces every single night to help you sleep but during the next few weeks, a supplement really helps you not wake up in the middle of the night .

7. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

20/30.
    Thank you for all the advice and support, friend. The truth is I haven´t had any problems since I started (except little depression after a few first days). I´m usually so tired in the evening that I sleep as I touch my bed. And I have a normal sexual life with my wife (1 or 2 times a week). And I spent all redundant energy on exercising and work. I´m getting old slowly, so it doesn´t take so much as it used to.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  8. walkinfaith

walkinfaith Fapstronaut

I did a 7 day challenge and complete today.
    I am in.

DerNeuMann and Sc8r51o1n like this.
  9. Sc8r51o1n

Sc8r51o1n Fapstronaut

Day 44-ish.

Mild trigger warning

I notice a change: I fantasised. A cougar on the street made me think of possibilities.
    While falling asleep I fantasised of what I would do. No touching myself, no M, no O.
    But the fantasy helped me play oit a scenario in my head that I would do with a woman, and it will work out great simply because I have a plan and I will be confident and assertive. In control, which is sexy for the girl.

Peace and work for your goals.

silvermonk and DerNeuMann like this.
  10. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

good progress!

11. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

28/30. I´ve just come from a holiday. I feel really good.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  12. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

I´m glad to hear you are holding on. Great job!

13. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

30/30. Hurray! Next goal: 90 days!

14. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

31/90. One of the better days, which come more and more often.

15. Narwhale

Narwhale Fapstronaut

I quickly discovered that I am not capable of doing two weeks. The thought of going that long just demoralizes me. So I am going to scale back to something I can handle. Thanks for the idea of this challenge.

I am going to start with just 5 days. If I reach that, I will keep going. Day 0.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  16. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

Welcome, Narwhale!
    Your plan sounds like a good one. But don´t worry too much about the length of your streak. Focus on the idea of the brighter future for you and your loved ones (even though maybe you don´t know them yet). You don´t want to be a 47 y.o. guy, struggling with P addiction (like me). And you don't have to.
    It might be good for you to try and write more about your motivation to do this. What do you hope to achieve?

Narwhale likes this.
  17. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

32/90. I´m a bit tired and unfocused. But holding on. You can always say "nah, it´s too hard for me, I´ll try it from scratch", or continue and do not go back anymore. And I´m going to decide for the second option. Today, tomorrow, the day after that...

Narwhale likes this.
  18. Narwhale

Narwhale Fapstronaut

Thank you! Unfortunately, as you wrote just under this message, I made another bad choice today. 12 hour work day, not used to it, and it really did a number on my motivation. But I sometimes get stuck in ruts when I relapse.

Here's to a new shot. Day 0 today.

19. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

Imagine a friend of yours who never keeps his word. How would you feel of him? And who is supposed to be your best friend! It´s you of course! Don´t betray your trust in yourself. Set up a minimalistic goal for yourself. How about 1 day without P? Don´t care about M and O at the beginning . Focus on the root of your problem. One day. That´s all it takes. Give us one day without P and come back tomorrow.

20. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Welcome to my thread. You CAN do this. It's not easy but you want to stop and that's the first step. Your mind is playing games with you by telling you that you want this and need this. The second one is not true, as we all eventually find out. The first one --wanting it--is the part you need to think about. Is pmo really what you want or is something else missing and pmo is filling that gap?
    Try and go for just today and tomorrow. That's a small but important victory. Three days and you can do four. Four gets you past the chaser effect from your last pmo. If you can make it past that, you can make it to 5 and even 7. Find other outlets for that energy. This is the first step to a completely new you. Think about who you want the new you to be. You can do this.

Narwhale likes this.