1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Am I a Douchebag and playboy?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by teinto, May 12, 2018.

1. teinto

teinto New Fapstronaut

Hey everyone. I tried to read the rules and this situation is kind of hard to pinpoint in a specific topic, so hopefully I did not break any rules.

Just a bit of backstory.
    I watched this video about nofap.

I wanted to nofap for about a month, and usually I do not masturbate that much, because I concentrate on work and socializing more. I am a confident person. Not afraid of talking to other people etc. But wanted to start nofap to actually improve myself in terms of trying to it out. See what improvements I get. But also to use that "fapping time" to actually work.

I started nofap and it were great. Although it made me into a playboy, and only looking for sex and not relationships.
    This lead to my trying to go out with my female friends, and then my animal instincts kicked in. Like in the video describing that we need "reward" I felt I wanted to do it. Although I did not like her on a girlfriend level, but just wanted to have sex.
    I felt terrible. Making me into a creepy dude who just wants sex.

I did not do it because I did not wanted to hurt her feelings, but I could see her lady signals like playing with her hair, legs etc.
    So I need some help here.
    How do I break down to her that I am looking for sex without ruining our friendship?
    Do I just ask her? And how do I go about it?

TLDR: Got on nofap, now I go out with girls more, but only for sex... being a creepy playboy. Almost did it with my friend.

2. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Well depending on how many days into a streak you are, it is likely that you are experiencing the initial testosterone boost that tends to kick in after a week or so of not PMO'ing. The fact that you immediately wanted to have actual sex is perhaps a good sign, I know that when I hit this point all that happens is I want to PMO more, as my brain is so twisted that it cant desire sex in a healthy way.

When it comes to what to do, it seems like your friend was showing some interest, and honestly I dont think desiring sex is a bad thing, its a healthy, normal human thing and as a hot blooded male its normal to want it, so dont feel ashamed. Having said that its also very noble that you dont want to hurt your friends feelings. I think you could either just swallow this desire and never act upon it, or directly ask her out and see if your opinion on her as a GF changes, maybe it will. I think directly asking her for sex would just sour the friendship and then noone wins.

teinto likes this.
  3. teinto

teinto New Fapstronaut

I see... Thanks for answering. I really appriciate it.
    It is kind of sad, but I guess that is the way then.
    But even if it is not a bad thing, then how do you go about that problem?
    I mean we live in a world where almost all women might find it creepy that a guy only wants to be with girls for sex only.
    Or else I have to actually learn to control my desires. Which might be the next step.
    But how do we go about that? A stronger desire than sex might be hard to find.

4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Well in my opinion the best thing to do is to simply wait and let the initial testosterone boost pass, after that your desire will level out a bit and you will be able to think more rationally and more easily control the lust. Trying to redirect this energy into non-sexual pursuits is the next step I think.

5. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

fear loves you btw

6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

What?