1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have tips for relaxing?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SirQwerty, Jan 3, 2024.

1. SirQwerty

SirQwerty Fapstronaut

I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way, but I have a very hard time relaxing. To the point where I know I'm tired of school but I look forward to going back anyway, and I'm thinking about what I will be doing when I go back to work, or what's happening at my job while I'm off.

I have hobbies, but they're mostly outdoor, and it's cold and rainy this time of year, so I can't garden, and bike rides and walks only last so long. I know there's no such thing as "the perfect time" and I have to schedule in breaks for myself, but it's getting to the point where I don't even want to rest anymore, because I feel like every day has to be productive. It's like I need someone else to make me take a break and relax or else I won't at all.

I'm currently on break, but my "happiest" days (besides days with family, of course) were the days I was doing yard work and felt sore the next morning, because I felt "accomplished".

Just looking fo advice because I know this isn't healthy but I'm alread finding ways to cope. "Hard work pays off," "I'm working this hard to prepare my future self, build discipline", etc.

Thank you

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
    NfBigGlP, silex_jedi and tawwab1 like this.
  2. tawwab1

tawwab1 Fapstronaut

Hobbies aren't really the same as relaxing. Try meditating. If you can just do 10 minutes a day, it's something to be proud of.

Sarah W, Icewarrior and SirQwerty like this.
  3. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I calm myself by meditating; it's more or less a breathing exercise. You simply sit in a comfortable position, preferably in the lotus position, and focus on your breathing. Focus your mind on taking big breaths in and out. Visualize the air flowing through your chest and ejecting it through the crown of your head. It will take some practice, like any exercise, but give it a shot. There is nothing more relaxing than meditation, as far as I am concerned. Saying a prayer or reciting scripture while you meditate can help as well.

SirQwerty likes this.
  4. GrittyRunning

GrittyRunning Fapstronaut

Valerian Root. Its a natural supplement so you cant OD on it but I like to take it if Im having a tough time falling asleep. I usualoy dont have much trouble relaxing or sleeping though because my running every week gets me tired enough.

Artemanilov likes this.
  5. EmperorLaStrang

EmperorLaStrang Fapstronaut

Ashwaghanda has helped me greatly to relax. Also being outcome independent, in that what happens happens and we can't change it.

Semtex likes this.
  6. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Butterfly Pea Flower Tea. Wim Hof breathing. Earthing.

7. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

8. Homo sapien.

Homo sapien. Fapstronaut

This is something I'm trying to figure out as well.
    I'm not relax except when I sleep. Ahhhh....Talk to yourself...make flowcharts etc...play video game....or I used to watch motivation videos but I had not any good experience with finding relaxation from Mobile...I have no such friends...People around me are usually psychopaths so may if u you have friends you can call them.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
  9. I do a calming breath exercise, which was developed from yoga. It works like this. Sit comfortably, and take a slow, deep breath in, counting 1 to 5. Then hold for 5. Then breathe out counting 1 to 5, or maybe 6 since sometimes the out-breath takes longer. Then take two normal breaths. Repeat this cycle (long, normal, normal) for like 5-10 minutes. When I do the long out-breath I like to think these words to myself "Let go".

10. Homo sapien.

Homo sapien. Fapstronaut

For relaxation i would directly address the point and that is .... Go and remember God; repent to Him, especially for crossing the red line in the first place cry in the site of God If you can ...only entity Who stops you from doing sin in this world and the One Who care about you as a good and true Human being. That is it!

Anything that matters is out of our comfort and pleasure. That is the point of this world.
    Mark these words!!!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
    tawwab1 likes this.
  11. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Wim Hof's breathing exercise is pretty amazing for relaxation. It takes about 15 minutes to do three rounds, but it is SO worth it.

Basically, you:
    • Take 30 deep breaths, in and out. During this process, you are hyper-oxygenating your blood ...
    • as you exhale on the 30th breath, push ALL the air out of your lungs, and then
    • HOLD YOUR BREATH. Relax, be still, and hold your breath for as long as you comfortably can. Since your blood is oxygenated, you'll find you can hold it for longer than you think. When you finally feel compelled to breathe in,
    • Take a deep breath in and HOLD IT for 15 seconds. Then exhale.
    That's one round. Start again with the 30 breaths for round 2, etc.

You'll find that each round, you're able to hold your breath longer and longer. It feels amazing. After about a month of practicing this, I was able to hold my breath for three minutes--without any air in my lungs! Craziness. After you do it, you'll feel totally relaxed and rejuvenated at the same time.