Balding, now I am officially fucked

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ThatRandomGuy, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Billybrasco

Billybrasco Fapstronaut

Maybe it's a minor point, but you might want to make your age accurate and not say you're 71 when you're in fact 20 lol....seems like a strange random thing to do.

2. Billybrasco

Billybrasco Fapstronaut

"skullet??" lmfao....that's brilliant.

3. PegasusKid

PegasusKid Fapstronaut

This thread is imploding but anyways, I think you'll be alright either way coming from someone around your age also dealing with this issue. Mine mostly started at the corners of the hairline, like the widows peak but I stopped it before it became a peak of course. Speak to a dermatologist about it, if you speak to your primary doctor they'll usually just recommend the dermatologist anyways. You can take propecia to halt the hair loss where its at, but only if the issue actually is androgenic alopecia aka male pattern baldness. If it's stress or not washing hair enough and creating scalp irritation(dermatologist pointed out to me this is a possibility) fin may not necessarily help as it only helps if the issue is dihydrotestosterone. Rogaine can help too but you have to keep applying it to maintain the gains and for some men that long term time/money investment is not worth it or something they're willing to do. I don't know where you're balding and that makes a big difference in terms of what haircut to get. If its the hairline corners like me, shaving off the sides and just keeping hair on the top works well and looks good. If its the crown(the usual back of the head spot basically) a buzz cut or crew cut allows you to still have hair without the spot being too noticeable. And all jokes aside that picture of the fat guy in the bandana works haha. Hats, or bandanas across the hairline can look good and hide the hair loss. This ultimately just comes down to accepting what you can and can't control, and just working with what you got. Imo bald is better than balding even for guys who look a bit odd bald, a buzz cut can give you an idea of how you'd look bald without going in all the way.

Akbarmagnus likes this.
  4. somuchforsubtlety

somuchforsubtlety Fapstronaut

would you ever consider a wig?

5. PegasusKid

PegasusKid Fapstronaut

It's not for me haha. I'd probably just go bald before using a wig or toupee. But I wouldn't blame another man for using one if their hair is really that important. Reminds me of this though.

Akbarmagnus likes this.
  6. somuchforsubtlety

somuchforsubtlety Fapstronaut

savage!

7. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

if you don't want to be a macho man, then you have another choice in my opinion: being you. if you don't like who you are, than this is the real problem.

<script> likes this.
  8. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

I made one of the biggest mistake of my life, i took finasteride to treat the hair loss: you have no idea how many serious, long lasting, damaging, invalidating side effects i have.

9. The older I get... the more I wonder why it feels like some people have more free will than others...

10. ThatRandomGuy

ThatRandomGuy Fapstronaut

The issue is, I don't think "I" can exist as a bald guy, no one would accept me

11. ThatRandomGuy

Come on, you know no one will respect a bald guy whose identity is anything more than bodybuilding and lifted trucks, what's the point of living if you'll just be an outcast all your life and you can't possibly change it.

12. MindfulWarrior

MindfulWarrior Fapstronaut

I don't understand what you mean, do you think as a bald guy you have to have certain types of hobbies and occupations?

13. ThatRandomGuy

Most hobbies and occupations won't accept you because you're too old looking, so yeah, there's a lot of shit you can do with hair that you just can't otherwise

14. MindfulWarrior

MindfulWarrior Fapstronaut

I think you have a really distorted view of things right now. It's just hair man. Give me examples?

Psalm27:1my light likes this.
  15. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

This has never happened and if that’s the reason then you can file a lawsuit for discrimination.

What may DQ you from jobs or hobbies is presenting low confidence.

16. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Are you a troll or just straight up delusional? Like I get it, feeling like you're ugly sucks and sometimes the world keeps making you feel even uglier. But you're legit acting as if your whole world is coming down and life is ruined because of you going bald? Like dude, if you really were so inhumanely ugly that your whole life would be ruined by that, no amount of hair would make enough difference to save you from that. Pull yourself together and if you can't, get help. You'll feel understandably bad and your feelings are valid, but this isn't the end of the world.

Grovald likes this.
  17. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

i thought this before turning grey, and now that i'm gray, i received appreciation. but the thing is that the world outside of us is a reflection of what is inside of us. if i feel unsecure, the world outside will reflect this. In my opinion.

btw, whatever you do, do a favor to yourself: don't use finasteride. As i wrote somewhere else here in this forum, i took that damn hairloss pill and now my life is miserable. i'm very sick. it's called post-finasteride syndrome.

18. Darkest

Darkest Fapstronaut

You’re 71 man

19. hairypalmsyndrome

hairypalmsyndrome Fapstronaut

I've been shaving my head for 9 years now as I've been having a quickening bald spot in my early 20s. Yes, I miss the hair I had in high school, but at least I save money not buying shampoo or going to the barber. Plus my dad told me, lots of women love a shaved head

20. hairypalmsyndrome

hairypalmsyndrome Fapstronaut

I've gotten used to shaving my head, but I do tend to include a little facial hair