1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Best breakfast?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Deleted Account, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Hey,
    What's the best breakfast, easy to make and cheap, that gives NO urges?
    I like my oatmeal with blueberries and milk, but I think it is the cow milk, that has sugar, that gives me lights urges later in the morning. Would you consider swapping milk? For soja for example?
    I know protein and fat, good fat, is the best but it's expansive and not when I just wake up.

Thank you!

Christoph108 and FezMan76 like this.
  2. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

I'm not vegan, but I was for 20 years. So a good diet for urges will be a vegan diet or a yin energy or feminine food as chinese say.
    Salt also increases urges and garlic, meat and eggs to. Also animal products like milk.

You can try soy but I don't like the estrogenic effect it has on the body, try almond milk instead and the other things you are eating are fine

So I would say the milk can Give you the urges. I take this from my previous vegan diet, and what celibate oriental monks say.

I eat meat at breakfast and eggs and it can make urges increase but it has its health benefits.

But purely speaking of urges and food take the milk of. You can add more fruits or water to the oatmeal too

bloudermilk24 and Christoph108 like this.
  3. modern milarepa

Also old indians yogis said that if you want to control your lust you have to control your tongue/diet. He who doesn't control his tongue could never control his sex drive.

Very important question even do it sounds trivial.

4. I hit that Oatmeal+hemp seeds+raisins, whole grain toast w/avocado mash, a whole fruit and a tall glass of water.

5. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

source on that?

6. modern milarepa

Vedic teachings

There is three types of food sattiv, tamasic and rajasic
    Rajasic food it is more prone to make difficult nofap

In the book bractice of brahmacharya by sivananda it is an entire section that talks about diet

Brahmacharya is a term that means celibacy

Also any book that talks about taoist diet like the tao of health, sex and longevity of Daniel reids.

bloudermilk24 and Christoph108 like this.
  7. Candun

Candun Fapstronaut

Oats seem to be popular here lol. I personally eat oatmeal with blueberries and eggs.
    Generally, I think you should focus on what's best for you to eat nutrition wise rather than what "gives urges".

8. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Simple/healthy banana pancakes:

1 ripe banana
    2 eggs
    A little flour (optional)

Just whizz it together in a blender and fry small ladelfuls in a pan flipping halfway. I usually eat it with some other berries, cooked fruit from the freezer if i dont happen to have fresh, and a nice black coffee.
    The ripe banana makes it super sweet without any need for sugar/syrup.

9. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

How about NO breakfast? I.e. intermittent fasting. Go without till noon or 1, eat until 8 or 9, go to bed, wash, rinse, repeat.

I know, it seems ludicrous going without breakfast. I grew up in a midwest US farm town and that's just what you did. Once I started in on intermittent fasting though it has really worked for me and to be honest even when I get to noon I'm not always even that hungry yet and I'm more just eating to get the calories I need to support my workout goals. Black coffee, water and tea get me through the morning and I don't feel bloated or get that mid morning crash. And it's huge being able to get through my morning routine without the PITA of breakfast prep and cleanup.

That said, I typically only do this Monday thru Friday. On weekends I will make traditional farmers breakfasts for wifey and me: fried eggs, bacon, whole wheat toast, sometimes hashbrowns or occasionally pancakes or waffles (which are a little more mess and bother than I usually like to go through). I'll also replace the toast with a bowl of steelcut oats with honey, raisins and maybe a dash of protein powder.

Intermittent fasting isn't for everyone but unless you have certain health issues I'd recommend at least giving it a try.

brassknucks likes this.
  10. Thank you for telling all this. But oh, I do fasting most of the time. It's just that I've been playing a lot of tennis lately before lunch, so I really need breakfast. But I'll be fasting every morning when I don't play tennis.

11. PeterGrip

PeterGrip Fapstronaut

Fry some bacon, then fry some eggs in the fat from the bacon.

brassknucks likes this.
  12. Cucumber with tomatoe, water and maybe some other veggies.

13. J053H32n4nd32

J053H32n4nd32 Fapstronaut

3 hotcakes and a sausage from McDonald's is the best breakfast.